Start by marking “Cleanse Your Body, Clear Your Mind: Eliminate Environmental Toxins to Lose Weight, Increase Energy, and Reverse Illn ess in 30 Days or Less” as Want to Read:

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  46 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A clinically proven program that allows you to detoxify from chemical exposure while shedding excess fat.

Everyone knows the world is toxic. But few of us realize that the average person carries a load of seven hundred chemicals in the body. The gradual buildup of these toxins has a ripple effect on our health, starting with mild ailments and culminating in chronic illne
Published March 31st 2011 by Hudson Street Press (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cleanse Your Body, Clear Your Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cleanse Your Body, Clear Your Mind

Ebony
Jul 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Reading Cleanse Your Body, Clear Your Mind was stressful. Probably not what the doctor ordered, but chapter after chapter about governmental oversight and negligence when it comes to regulating food and industry was overwhelming. On the one hand, I felt like human bodies are amazing considering all the toxins we’re exposed to on a regular basis. On the other hand, I felt like it’s no wonder so many people are dying young of disease. Personally, I’d be lucky to make 1/8th of the changes suggested ...more
Tiffani
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I stumbled across this book while browsing through the Health section at the library. I couldn't figure out exactly what his point was by just reading the inside flap, so I decided to check it out so I could have more time to figure out if it was worthwhile. I liked it. I didn't agree with everything, but I think he has some interesting ideas. He really emphasized eating fruits/veggies and protein. I think the fruits and veggies thing is awesome. And protein is good too. It can do many wonders, ...more
Araminta Matthews
Jul 31, 2016 rated it liked it
My doctor recommended this book to me after she had read and implemented it in her own life. She thought it would help me with a specific condition for which she treats me. I put it off for several months, but finally got around to reading it.

First, I appreciate the insight Morrison offers into the hidden toxins that infiltrate our lives. I won't deny that there is usefulness and efficiency in many of his targeted points about GMOs, pesticides, water contamination (even from the tap), nuclear w
Beth
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This book would be most appropriate for individuals who've not considered (and/or read about) detoxification of the body. Toxin descriptions and sources, as well as discussions of their effects and symptoms were detailed and easily understood, but provide little new knowledge for persons, such as I, who have read on the subject often, raised families and dealt with their own and others' allergic, immunological and chronic health issues. The last third of the book describes his own patients' stor ...more
Diane
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book a lot but I'm never a fan of books that advocated diets such as this one which consists of 2 protein shakes a day and one other meal. Rightly or wrongly, it always seems too extreme to me. And it strikes me as funny, that two of the endorsements on the back of the book are from 1) Suzanne Somers and 2) Roberta Flack, which reduced much of his credibility for me.
Margarita
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great info - I have met patients of his, they do great work. Trick is - you have to do what he recommends, not just read the book :) that said, he has a great line of products to support lifestyle change and detox.
Wilde Sky
This book provides a basic guy to improving your diet / lifestyle.

Some of the points in this book were interesting but it was a bit long winded.
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book doesn't tell me anything new in regards to per information but his diet recommendations and how to add back food in to determine your issue is well laid out.
Gina
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While the book has lots of advice on how to remove toxins from our lives, there is very little here that I will actually use.
Pamela
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Long, drawn out and dry. Would not recommend.
Amy
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not preachy, but full of good information. It had some realistic suggestions on small and large changes someone could make to improve their overall health.
Suzanne
Great information but a little too strict for me in terms of the 30 day recommended toxin cleanse. I really loved the information on environmental toxins and how to reduce toxic exposure.
Carrie
Feb 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, health
It was okay. It was a little fad-like (Just follow my thirty day detox), but the facts about environmental toxins in home cleaning and beauty products were interestimg.
Rachel