Start by marking “Noah’s Law ” as Want to Read:
Noah’s Law

Noah’s Law

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  298 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old Noah is a troublemaker. His father is a hotshot barrister. This is not a good combination. When Noah gets caught mucking up at school, his dad sends him to work at his aunt's law firm during the holidays to 'learn responsibility' and 'fix his attitude'. There he meets Jacinta – the cute intern who knows her way around a photocopier, and Casey – the wicked ...more
Audiobook, 7 pages
Published November 1st 2010 by Bolinda Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Noah’s Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Noah’s Law

Good Golly Miss Holly
There is nothing like going into a novel with total comfort and familiarity for the authors previous work and that's exactly how I felt about Noah's Law. From the moment I flicked open the cover, I could already see the humor flowing from the page and was quite curious how things would turn out for the male protagonist and his court room proceedings.

It all begins with sixteen year old Noah, a generally good guy who loves getting up to mischief just for a laugh only this time he ends up doing six
Rebecca
When I started reading, Noah’s Law, to be honest I didn’t have high expectations as I’d never read a book by the author and didn’t know what I was getting into. But after reading the book, I am very pleased to say that I am impressed, I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did!

Noah’s Law, is such an effortless and fun read. It’ll have you hooked and on the edge of your seat in no time and leave you wondering what will happen next! The plot was incredible, trust me, not a boring moment in the e
Kirsten
Apr 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read. Love this author, totally reliable for warmth, humour, and a beautiful youthful australian outlook. Nice insight into a small law firm as well. My only quibble is Noah's investigations against the client his firm represents. That really seems wrong despite notions of justice. Notwithstanding that a very enjoyable read that I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys young adult fiction.
Chava
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, australian
YA book about a self-absorbed adolescent who is trouble, gets sent to his aunt and still thinks he knows it all. This seriously affirms all negative stereotypes about Gen Y
Steve lovell
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I had the pleasure of attending a book launch by this young lady in Hobart recently, and what an accomplished person she is! A leading light in her community, she is also an author in the young adult and new adult fiction areas, as well as a practicing lawyer. She spoke to a us in an exceedingly articulate manner about the background to her books – those she is best known for, including ‘Does My Head Look Big in This’, as well as her latest – ‘No Sex in the City’. The one under review here, ‘Noa
Cara Marie
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After trouble-maker Noah gets caught changing his class's exam results, his father sends him to work at his aunt's law firm for the summer to teach him a lesson.

So of course there is crime-solving!

It starts off a bit slow, but once Noah gets nosy about the compensation case he's photocopying for, things pick up. The characters are great – I particularly liked Casey, the lawyer on the compensation case, who starts off quite unlikable, but it's because she didn't care whether people liked her or n
Joshua Williams
Apr 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book. it is a first person crime, mystery but in a teenagers life. i started reading it in the library and just couldn't stop. I loved the fact that could relate to the fact that his dad was strict and he loved to take life as a joke which is me it also has mystery and makes me think which i also liked too, it has a twisted story and adds depth when you think that you've figured it out it just turns a corner and proves you wrong until the very end.i didn't like the big words and since th ...more
Suzie Bookgirl
Apr 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-fiction
When 16 year old Noah's pranks at school finally overstep the mark he is sentenced by his father to spend his summer holiday working for his Aunt's law firm. Noah's days stretch before him in a haze of coffee runs, photocopying and avoiding Casey, the firm witch. When Noah gets himself involved in an insurance case that Casey is working things begin to get interesting. Noah discovers that things are not always as they seem and that justice is a tricky thing. Along the way he manages to involve J ...more
PageTurner
Oct 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t usually go for the anti-authoritarian protagonist, but 16-year-old Noah’s narrative voice was rather entertaining. Noah’s intelligent-but-troublemaker voice was authentic enough without the use of heavy course language or crude references which kept things fairly innocent and fun! The chapters were short and sweet and managed to keep the law case at the centre of the story interesting.

A few things sounded a little silly to me like Noah being a chocaholic and well versed in feminism …bec
Ernest
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book started of really well – the depiction of life in a law firm is one of the most realistic that I’ve read. The characters are all relatable, with many characteristics that can be seen in the people around. Had the story continued with Noah gradually discovering that things were really not as they seemed through the court process, this would have been a solid story.

Instead, unfortunately for me the book disappointingly went off the rails in Noah and friends inserting themselves so much
Maria.is
You know how sometimes one tiiiiiny little detail can ruin a perfectly reasonable book?
There's just one thing that seriously annoyed me while reading this book: the fact that the University of Sydney was mentioned like ten times, on different occasions, in association with different characters.

I'd just like to point out that Australia is home to a number of prestigious institutions, and not every successful lawyer went to USYD.
End of rant haha.

Other than that, this book made for good light re
Annie
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! this is awesome!!! I read this in literally 2 days - it's "un-put-down-able". Very well written. The mystery in the storyline and the use of legal jargon was what really gripped me and what I also liked was how an "amateur" was prepared to take on the big guns so justice would prevail, even if it meant going against his own superiors. Although this was found in the YA section, I recommend it for older readers too!! I hope to meet the author of this book one day!!!
Josiah
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a smart, slick and funny book about law school.

Noah is a troublemaker, and when he gets caught red handed at school, his dad sends him to law school.

Here Noah is stuck photocopying law sheets, when he takes a sudden interest in a case...

This is a great book with smart jokes, mostly believable characters, and a great mystery.

Recommended for YA fans and people studying for law school.
Amy
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Randa Abdel-Fattah as an author. Every single book of hers I have enjoyed, and this one was not an exception to the rule. It was a brilliant book, I loved every second of it, and the mystery within it was so well constructed and written that it seemed real. There was no real emotional attachment formed, for me, to any character in this book, but it was still a really great read, and really fun.
Liz Barr
I think this is one of those cases where a book dealt with too much of my real life to work for me -- as a legal secretary, I kept going, "But they'd never give that task to a high school work experience kid!" and "EVERYONE IN THIS FIRM SHOULD BE FIRED!"

Nevertheless, the mystery was compelling enough that I kept reading to the end, and I think that if you don't work in the legal field and deal with high school work experience kids on the regular, you probably wouldn't have my hang-ups.
Vanessaloveszayn stojanovska
i liked it at start because he was naughty and he had to go stay with his auntie in the city and she is a lawyer but then after a little while it started to goe boring and i just wasn't intersted in it anymore so i put it down and read another book.
Marie Carlino
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good YA book that has a crime element.

I really enjoyed the characters and the plot. They were realistic and very interesting. I liked the development of the character Noah. He starts of being quite immature, though throughout the book and its events, he realises what matters in life.
Kaitlin
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-actually-own
This book is great for school kids. I got it a couple of years ago and found it very age appropriate. It is very witty and clever, and isn't a cliche teen book. It has a good storyline and very quick, witty characters, which makes this a hilarious book!
Alicia
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
it a really cute and fun book to read,just like something to read if bored or for something to do. i really like noah and jacinta and how their relationship wasn't a big part of the book, it was more about the case which was good.
Safiah
Sep 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book, and a fun read. The storyline was exciting and made you to keep reading to find out what happens. I liked the characters and the insight that was given of law firms and court. Glad I decided to get this one :)
M-Tear
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Overall, I really liked 'Noah's Law'. It had likable (well, mostly) main characters like Noah, Amit and Jacinta; a good plot; an awesome plot twist; and so many funny lines and scenes. This book was definitely worth reading and I hope I'll find the time to reread later on.
Shirley
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A John Grisham young adult fiction novel. A light easy read, well written. The main character, Noah, is a likeable cheeky young boy. Anyone who enjoys law firm drama will like this book. It has a little mystery to it.
Tanikah
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not something i overly enjoyed but it was and alright book
Heather
A fun, light-hearted read about a boy who helps his aunt's firm solve a murder mystery. I really liked both Noah and Ahmet, the author captured their voices beautifully and they made me smile.
Meaghan
Dec 11, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Although I can see why students like it, it didn't engage me the way other teen fiction has this year. A little too unrealistic and Noah is not that likeable.
Jason
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Gripping and managed to keep me reading despite my bias against non-fantasy/dystopia books
Tjala
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tjala by: Noah (ironically enough!)
I really enjoyed this as I have enjopyeed her other books. It was humourous, the charcaters and storline were great and the first page was so gripping and hilarious!
Iman
Naomi
Mar 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book, helps you to understand how the law industry works, without boring you. :D
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Alaska
  • One Would Think the Deep
  • India Dark
  • Slice
Randa Abdel-Fattah was born in Sydney in 1979. She is a Muslim of Palestinian and Egyptian heritage. She grew up in Melbourne and attended a Catholic primary school and Islamic secondary college where she obtained an International Baccaularetate. She studied Arts/Law at Melbourne University during which time she was the Media Liaison Officer at the Islamic council of Victoria, a role which afforde ...more
More about Randa Abdel-Fattah...

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99