Start by marking “Tempt Me” as Want to Read:
Tempt Me

Tempt Me

Tempt me…

She’s a temptation he can’t resist…

Roxanne ‘Rocki’ Monroe’s life is full of secrets and hidden heartaches. Cole Stanton would love to heal her pain and chase away the ghosts of her past, but she’s just a complication he doesn’t have room for in his life.

Or so he thinks.

Kindle Edition, First Edition, 93 pages
Published February 15th 2011 by Self/Independent (first published February 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tempt Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempt Me

Lady Heather
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 "Lush & Lace" stars!

Another sexy as hell story from one of my favorite Indie author's!
I loved Rocki 's character, and Cole was definitely swoon worthy!

Once again the writing, characters, and story-line were wonderful.

When I read one of Shiloh Walkers books I'm always happy because she has me engaged right from the beginning of the story and her characters are always colorful, sexy and unique.

Great read!
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Review copy provided by author

Why I Read this Book: Who can resist temptation? Not me. I had read another novella, Beg Me , by this same author and I really enjoyed reading it. It read like a full page novel and the story felt complete. So when I saw that the author had another novella coming out, I knew I wanted to read it. And I like a ‘quickie’ read from time to time.

What I Liked: Rocki’s character is a woman who knows what she wants and works hard to achieve her goals. She’s a corset desig
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Rocki is a lingerie store owner. She designs corsets, she has a success business, she owns her sexuality and has a ton of personality and confidence. She’s also been living a life without the love of a man since her husband, a cop, was killed in the line of duty 5 years ago.

I’m a fan of the strong, independent heroines, and Rocki has that in spades. She’s faced some ugly things in her past and pushed through. She was happy with the man of her dreams until life had other plans and dealt her anot
Linda
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rocki finds just the thing that could tempt her, too bad hes attached to a fiancee..
Cole is just checking out the competition with his fiancee/shop partner when hes faced with a gorgeous woman that makes him question everything hes become used to. Is this really the life he wants, or can he do something about it? And even more important, would it be possible?
Quick read, smutty fluff and romance in a great combo.
Laura the Highland Hussy
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I received this as an ARC (thank you Shiloh)

We enter the story in a lingerie store. It's called Lush and Lace and the meaning behind the title was great! Rocki is one of the owners and she designs her own lingerie-it's fun, sexy and a lost of the corsets can be worn over certain types of shirts...I could so easily picture everything that was described. In fact I went looking for a corset the next day (Shiloh-my hubby thanks you).

So while Rocki is finishing up a display, the door chimes and she
Lillie
See my complete review at: Read My Mind

My Review:
I absolutely loved Shiloh Walker's character, Rocki. She is an independent business owner, a confident and sexy woman, she knows her own mind, and she knows what she wants. She is the kind of heroine that I always want to see in the novels that I read, be they contemporary, paranormal, or historical. And, here's the thing: she is an average woman. She has curves where a woman should, and Walker does a fantastic job of showcasing Rocki's lushness
Jessica Alcazar
I read this story when it came as a bonus read with The Virgin's Night Out back 02/12/15

THIS story was like a 10 star for me. GAH, I cried thru an entire chapter! I loved everything about it! Roxi was the perfect character to play a heroine who falls in love at first sight. Really! And that goes to show you how good Shiloh Walker is at character development and overall structure. She didn't miss a beat with this one. It's such a short story, but it packs a punch like I havent felt in a while. Iv
Darcy
Jun 10, 2015 rated it liked it
This was an interesting one. I liked Rocki right away, even as she was a bit melancholy. Cole on the other hand, I wasn't sure about him, mostly due to the company he kept. His fiancé was a bitch! I was so glad when Cole finally showed her the door, but I wish that he would have done it in a way to humiliate her, she deserved it.

Rocki's past surprised me, of her husband, how they met, how their relationship ended. I loved how Rocki kept his memory close.

Once Cole was divested of the bitch, I lik
seton
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This wasn't as intense as SW's first Smashwords release - Beg Me - so I am not feeling as strongly about it. The story is about 32,000 words and as in some SW shorts I read, I felt that the suspense element (a stalker, natch!) took away from the story as a whole since there really wasn't room for proper development.

Grade: B-
Karen
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it

I read Tempt Me as a bonus read with The Virgin's Night Out

Is a sensuous novella about a voluptuous lingerie shop owner/designer/creator who is all that. Creativity honours fallen husband, has a dangerous stalker & attracts Mr Gorgeous (oh so lucky girl)

Ahh love at first sight. Love feeling good as I finish. (less)
Malika Scott
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Tempt Me Is A MUST READ!!

Walker Has Done An AMAZING Job Crafting A Believable And HOT Story. The Story Grabbed Me From Page One And Held On Tight.

The Leading Lady Is Strong, Sexy & A REAL Women. I Love Seeing A Women With Curves Being Adored In A Story. And Main Male Was A DREAM!

The Story Is Strong & Sexy And A Must Read.
Mar 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
I Loved the book its not what i suspected towards the end but other then that i just couldnt
put the book down..
KatiD
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-review-ish
Tempt me…

She’s a temptation he can’t resist…
Or so he thinks.

It doesn’t take Cole long to realize he’s more than willing to let temptation get the best of him, more than happy to deal with complications if that’s what it takes to get her.
What he has and what he needs are two
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Rocki Monroe is owner of the lingerie shop, Lush & Lace. She sells corsets and other classy pieces of lingerie to make women of all shapes and sizes feel special. She has worked hard to make this shop successful since her husband’s death five years ago. To honor his memory, each year she holds a masquerade charity benefit at her shop.

Cole ends up attending the benefit with his fiancé Mara, who is opening up her own lingerie shop. His fiancé wants the name of Rocki’s designer, and will do any
Under the Covers Book Blog

Rocki is a lingerie store owner.  She designs corsets, she has a success business, she owns her sexuality and has a ton of personality and confidence.  She's also been living a life without the love of a man since her husband, a cop, was killed in the line of duty 5 years ago.

I'm a fan of the strong, independent heroines, and Rocki has that in spades.  She's faced some ugly things in her past and pushed through.  She was happy with the man of her dreams until life had other plans and dealt her

Zita
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: other-arcs
An irresistible temptation for both…

Roxanne (Rocki) Monroe is the sexy owner of a lingerie shop and also the designer of items that she sells. She’s a strong independent woman who has known fear and devastating loss and after five years she’s feeling loneliness. She hasn’t been drawn to any man in a long time until “Mr. Gorgeous” walks into her shop and draws her attention. It’s too bad that he’s engaged to a nasty ice queen. I loved how Rocki dealt with this woman who wanted her help yet insult
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
I read this novella as part of the Bound Temptations anthology but this review just includes my thoughts on Tempt Me:

This was my favourite of the two stories. I really liked Rocki, she is the widow of a policeman who now runs her own lingerie store, life has been hard but she is ready to move on and find love again. I loved the fact that she isn't a skinny supermodel type, she has curves and is happy and confident about her fuller figure that she shows off wearing the corsets and the other linge
Amanda Ryan
Aug 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Redonk Nutshell: Widowed lingerie shop owner falls into an unexpected 2nd chance at love

This is a lovely contemporary novella by veteran romance author Shiloh Walker. Roxanne ‘Rocki’ Monroe runs a successful lingerie boutique with her best friend. When tall glass of "oh HELLO there" Cole Stanton walks in one day with his stick-up-her-ass fiancee, Rocki acknowledges her uninhibited reaction to him but pushes it aside in order to assist his fiancee. When Cole calls off his engagement to his affian
Judith
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A novella that just leaped off the page for me and it didn't hurt that it was written by one of my favorite authors, either. A full-figured woman has now turned her long-time love of designing lingerie for BBW into a business and a partnership with her best friend. "Lush & Lace" caters to women who find the skinny "norm" of the society and fashion magazines to be unrealistic and probably never possible for them. Roxanne (Rocki) Monroe knows how to design for them because she is one of them. ...more
Sheyla ✎
May 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is a short book.
Roxanne "Rocki" is the owner of a lingerie shop called Lush and Lace. She sells corsets for different type of female bodies. She is actually the one who designs them.
She meets Cole Stanton when he comes to her store with his fiancee, Mara. They will be the competition since Mara is opening her own lingerie store and wants to hire the designer of the beautiful corsets.
Rocki refuses to reveal the name since she had an instant dislike for Mara why is arrogant and rude. She doe
Eva Millien
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cole Stanton would love to chase Rocki Monroe’s pain and ghosts of the past away but she is one complication he doesn’t need in his life – or so he thinks in this riveting contemporary romance.

Roxanne ‘Rocki’ Monroe’s pain may start to heal if she finds the right man – one worth risking her heart for again but right now, she’ll run her lingerie store and the reader can’t help but taken in by these strong compelling characters as two unsavory characters try to take it all away. The fast paced and
Mona
Jun 08, 2011 rated it liked it
This rocking short story by Shiloh Walker captivated me from start to finish. I made the mistake of starting it very late one evening and stayed up into the wee hours to finish it because I had to know had it ended before I could sleep.

Rocki is a policeman’s widow who uses her creative talent to start a business and make a name for herself. Rather than sit around and mourn, she capitalizes on her local fame to raise money for the families of slain officers.

Cole’s fiancé, Mara, plans to becom
Claire G
Read as a part of; Bound Temptations
Originally on my blog; www.booktobookreviews.blogspot.co.uk

Tempt Me; Would I recommend it? Yes

Review; I loved this short story. The ending came too soon for me though. I feel it should have been longer, but maybe that was just me enjoying the story so much. Who knows?
The characters for me were realistic. The romance was a bit too fast, but I could still believe it. The story was short, and there were only so many weeks within the story, but I still felt that e
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I love Ms. Walker stories. She never fails to move my heart with her characters. In Tempt Me, I fell in love with Lush. She's strong, admirable and so sexy. The sensual lingerie store she opened was great and made me want to find a place that sells corsets.

The sparks between Rocki (Lush) and Cole were great to watch. Cole is a dream man. This short story of their romance hit all the right buttons for me. Ms. Walker's stories keep me engaged and unable to put down the story until I'm done. I rec
Gail
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What can I say; Shiloh Walker has done it again. This is a remarkable love story; sexy, tender, and believable.

Roxanne (Rocki), 5 years after her husband (the love of her life) is killed in the line of duty has found a way to move on. She owns a specialty lingerie shop, designs courtier corsets and is living her life albeit lonely.
Cole is a handsome attorney and is engaged to be married. Cole’s fiancé is a spoiled shrew which is wearing thin on Cole. As Cole tags along with his fiancé on a fact
Mar 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Ok, I admit it. I had high hope for this short story. I love Shiloh Walker's work. I wasn't disappointed. Yes, it's short. Yes, the author had to make the whole "I knew you were special the first time I saw you leap". But, the characters were well thought out. The situations made sense. Even the stalker subplot seemed reasonable (except he waited 5 years after her husband died to go after her). My one tweak, whiny Mara either needs to slapped or saved. Afterall the hero is tied to her financiall ...more
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great book.

Shows how a woman can overcome being stalked and attacked. Make a life for herself and fight back. How she can find a great man who cares for her for who she is.

This is a great book for plus size women it help to empower us and let us know we are fine just the way we are.

Thank you for writing such an empowering book. I can feel better about my size from how you described Roxie and I love it.
Madhellena
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read a couple of Shiloh Walker's books and I have to say this one is my absolute favourite so far. It has the perfect romance and even the conflicts were good. Glad I decided to read it :)
mad4rombks
Feb 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nice quick read. Would have liked to see a confrontation between Rocki and psycho ex-fiancee....she was one batshit crazy chick. :(
Day
Feb 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Review coming soon
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Undertow (Building Sanctuary, #2)
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Whirlpool (Forces of Nature, #2)
  • Glimmer (Nina Decker #1)
  • Raven's Kiss (Raven Grace, #1)
  • The Shifters of 2040 (Shifter Evolutions, #3)
  • The Fallen Queen (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #1)
  • Dark Vow (Arcane, #1)
  • Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana, #3)
  • Love Lust (Vegas ParaRealm, #1)
  • A Clockwork Christmas
  • Chosen by Fate (Para-Ops, #2)
  • Spur of the Moment (Bronwyn Chase, #1)
  • Tangled Past (Tangled #2)
  • Tina
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

And an experimental me that I put to sleep. J. Dallas

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serio