Start by marking “Jedz, módl się, kochaj” as Want to Read:
Jedz, módl się, kochaj

Jedz, módl się, kochaj

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  1,247,785 Ratings  ·  50,278 Reviews
Elizabeth Gilbert przed trzydziestką miała wszystko, o czym powinna marzyć nowoczesna kobieta: męża, dom za miastem, dobrą pracę. Mimo to nie była ani szczęśliwa, ani spełniona. Przeżyła rozwód, ciężką depresję i nieszczęśliwą miłość. A potem zaczęła szukać siebie na nowo.
Published November 22nd 2011 by Dom Wydawniczy Rebis (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Jedz, módl się, kochaj, please sign up.

Ryan Kovacsik Well, it has a beginning and an end; it's about 300 pages long; it begins with a conflict, and after many ups and downs and side to sides, there is…moreWell, it has a beginning and an end; it's about 300 pages long; it begins with a conflict, and after many ups and downs and side to sides, there is some resolution. It has moments that are somewhat exciting, sad, appalling, happy. It is a memoir. It is someones personal journey as she bares her tattered soul and then explains in detail the process of attempting to heal that soul. There are a slew of colourful characters. We get to go with the author to places all over the world, and get an interesting feel for those places. While this is not an incredible, award winning book by any measure, these few things I've listed were probably enough to get it published, and it appears the people involved made a good choice and probably made a good deal of money in the process. Just sayin'.(less)
Becca I'm afraid I must become the clichéd female reader here and admit my fondness for this novel. I can appreciate that readers found Gilbert's writing…moreI'm afraid I must become the clichéd female reader here and admit my fondness for this novel. I can appreciate that readers found Gilbert's writing self-indulgent and many of her cultural descriptions are stereotypes, but this is not the point of this book. I feel if you read Eat, Pray, Love at the appropriate time in your life, it will have a profound effect on you. I was going through a very difficult time and I truly believe this book not only pulled me through it but enabled me to see a clear path forward. I treasure it dearly and have returned to it once since to get myself back on track. Yes, it did change my life. (less)

Michalyn
Jan 19, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2008
Wow, this book took me on a roller-coaster ride. I couldn't decide if I loved it or hated it and it seemed like every few pages I'd go from thinking Gilbert was delightfully witty to thinking this was the most horribly self-absorbed person to ever set foot on the earth.

In the end the overall effect was rather like sitting at a party listening to someone tell a long involved story all about themselves, and you're alternately annoyed and fascinated and you want to get up and leave but she's just
MelissaS
WHY? I cringe to think why so many women want to feel that this was a true spiritual journey. It was a pre-paid journey. The woman starts off with telling us over and over about how painful her divorce was, however she dismisses how it ever came to be that way. Leaving her audience only to guess it was so horrible she had to leave and find herself.
When asked in an interview if dumping her husband and pushing off wasn’t selfish, here is what Ms. Gilbert had to say:
"What is it about the American
Fiona
Apr 08, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Eat Pray Love is the monologue of a Neurotic American Princess ("Liz") in her mid thirties. The first few chapters background the rest of the book, a confessional that tells how she came to find her 8 year marriage distasteful, realised she wasn't keen on the next 'logical' step which is apparently to fill her expansive apartment with children, and plunges into an impotent depression. Without even getting drunk.

One night, whilst bawling on the bathroom floor, a habit she has grown fond of, she i
Maria
Mar 08, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't bother with this book.

It took me nearly a year to finish it. I was so disgusted by the writer's apparent lack of awareness of her own privilege, her trite observations, and the unbelievably shallow way in which she represents a journey initiated by grief, that I initially couldn't bear to read beyond Italy. Like others who have written here, I made myself pick the book up again because so many people have raved about it, and I made myself finish it, hoping all the while there would be some
Cat
Aug 30, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am embarrassed to read this book in public.
The title and the flowery, pasta-y cover screams, "I'm a book that contains the relentless rants of a neurotic 34 year-old-woman."
So, I'm afraid that the strangers on the Metro will think I identify with her.
But in the comfort of my own bed, I am totally falling for this memoir. Yes, Gilbert is emotionally self-indulgent (are we supposed to feel bad that she lost both houses in the divorce?), annoying (she's just tickled when she gains 23 pounds afte
Kiki
So today I was watching TLC's My Strange Addiction, featuring a woman who had an addiction to using baby wipes. She used up to 500 of them a day, and that adds up to about 4,500,000 wipes since her addiction began.

The woman, Rhia, would use the wipes to clean herself because she had a learned fear of the shower. This stemmed from her being horribly abused in her youth, wherein the terrible things that were done to her were preceded by and ended with a shower. This debilitating situation that thi
Amy Kieffer
Apr 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of those books I will read over and over again. All those cynics out there who criticize Gilbert for writing a "too cutesy" memoir that seems beyond belief and who claim that she is selfish for leaving her responsibility are clearly missing the point. First, she did not write the book to inspire you. She wrote it as her own memoir--you can agree or disagree with how she went about her "enlightenment," but you cannot judge her for how she found happiness. It is her memoir, not yours. ...more
Simone Ramone
Nov 15, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
I found this book unbelievably phoney.

I hated this so much that I got up early this morning to finish it and gave my copy to the library and honestly, I'm not too proud of that.
To me it just felt so insincere that there's no chance I would have made it past the second chapter had it not been for book club obligations.

I enjoyed her writing style, but I absolutely could not warm to her at all. To be fair, I do think she would be an excellent travel writer.

The section on India was agony to read.
I
[Name Redacted]
description
Shallow, self-indulgent and mired in the sort of liberal American obsession with "oriental" exoticism that is uniquely offensive because it is treated as enobling by its purveyors. She treats the rest of the world as though it exists for the consumption of jaded, rich, white Americans and this book is a monument to that sort of arrogance and ignorance.

Rinda Elwakil

تم بحمد الله :)

14-septemper 2014
و لم تأتني القدرة حتي يومنا هذا لأكتب عن هذا العمل شيئًا .

-------------------------------

حصلت عليها كهدية لعيد ميلادي الواحد و العشرين..

طالعت الجملة المسطورة علي الغلاف: "إليزابيث جيلبرت، امرأة تبحث عن كل شئ" .
و تخيلت وجهها الباسم و هي تخاطبني، هل تعرفين ريندا كيف يكون الحال عندما تكونين مثلي؟
أعني امرأة تبحث عن كل شئ؟

نعم..نعم أعرف !

--------------------------------

" لا أريد أن أصير متزوجة بعد اليوم " .

اعرف تماما ما جال بذهنها حين نطقت بها عاليًا للمرة الأولي..أ
Daftar Harga Talang Air Hujan Atap Rumah Galvanis Metal Baja Lindab 23 22 Jan 15, 2018 06:21AM
Love Status: Love Status 1 2 Jan 04, 2018 11:46AM
More apps like Towelroot 1 4 Jan 03, 2018 01:47AM
Full»»123Movies.! Watch! Star Wars: The Last Jedi Full Movie Online Streaming 1 3 Jan 01, 2018 04:38PM
Books similar to Eat Pray Love 4 57 Dec 20, 2017 08:02PM
Chromecast Video Player 1 2 Nov 17, 2017 11:58PM
So what would be your city's word? 55 292 Nov 05, 2017 08:26AM
  • Under the Tuscan Sun
  • Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes
  • The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore
  • The Dance of the Dissident Daughter
  • Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life
  • Women, Food and God: An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything
  • The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham
  • Inspiration: Your Ultimate Calling
  • The Bodacious Book of Succulence: Daring to Live Your Succulent Wild Life
  • Growing Up Amish
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 2
  • Steering by Starlight: Find Your Right Life, No Matter What!
  • The Middle Place
  • Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow
  • A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose
  • The Seat of the Soul
  • Almost French: Love and a New Life in Paris
  • You Can Heal Your Life

Elizabeth Gilbert is an award-winning writer of both fiction and non-fiction. Her short story collection Pilgrims was a finalist for the PEN/Hemingway award, and her novel Stern Men was a New York Times notable book. Her 2002 book The Last American Man was a finalist for both the National Book Award and the National Book Critic’s Circle Award.

Her memoir, Eat, Pray, Love, spent 57 weeks in the #1
More about Elizabeth Gilbert...
“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.

A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master...”
20843 likes
“This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.” 8366 likes