Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures (Avatar: The Last Airbender Books)

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  14,894 Ratings  ·  338 Reviews
For three years, millions of eager fans tuned in to watch new episodes of Nickelodeon's hit animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Ever since, fans have been hungry for more, and now their wait is finally over!

This volume collects the long-out-of-print, fan-favorite comics previously published in Nickelodeon Magazine and with the Airbender DVDs, plus over seventy bran
Published June 15th 2011 by Dark Horse

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Sana
help, I'm a little too obsessed with this.
Kwesi 章英狮
My siblings and I always watch Avatar: The Last Airbender every Saturday when I was in high school. I admit that I love Aang and the gang, and their reckless journey to study all four elements to defeat the Fire country. Because of some television issue at the present, I don't have the chance to watch Aang and the gang again. Sad to say, I miss most of their adventures already and I don't have any idea what I read inside of this book.

At last, this collection of out-of-print, fan favorite comics
Sesana
Oct 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy
On average, actually pretty good. The best thing about all these stories, I think, is just how much they feel like they belong with the cartoon. The short stories could be scenes from a "real" episode, and the longer stories feel like they could be episodes themselves. There's a little variety in the art, but the quality is pretty consistent. And a few of the stories actually flesh out some aspects of the show. There's nothing really ground breaking, but I think most Avatar fans will be pleased.
Rose
Dec 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rose by: NetGalley
I don't mince words when I say that Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite animated shows in any consideration, and I know many people, younger and older than myself, who love the series as well.

"The Lost Adventures" compiles some of the original Nickelodeon comic shorts from their magazines, plus some rare miscellaneous stories and fan-related creations in the mix. A wide selection of artists and writers, some of whom worked on the original series, combined their efforts to form this
Lisa
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy

This was so much fun!
I would go as far as to say that Avatar was one of my (if not the) favourite tv show(s) growing up. I spend a lot of time pretending to waterbend and fighting the fire nation when I was in elementary school - huh, the good old times.

This comic was an amazing, fast read! I love Avatar's humour and especially - it's characters and the artwork.
This is a collection of many different short stories surrounding Aang and Co, written and animated by different artists. Alas, I liked
Kogiopsis
I... am not all that impressed. This collection of stories is definitely cute, don't get me wrong, but it adds very little. There were a couple stand-outs - 'Relics' and 'Combustion Man on a Train' (despite the latter's ridiculous title) added nicely to Aang's character in little ways. Mostly, though, these read like brief vignettes and don't contribute that much to the overall story of the show - which is good, I suppose, since it prevents the show from feeling like there were plot holes. A few ...more
Kathryn
This collection, subtitled The Lost Adventures, will be popular with hardcore fans, probably teenagers more than anyone else. I realize many adults, or at least adults who are young at heart, are fans of the series. I count myself among them but I am not as fond of this collection as I am of the animated series. Each of the stories take place in between the episodes, so there was a great deal of downtime and none of the youthful drama which is the main reason why I enjoyed the series so much. So ...more
Cass -  Words on Paper
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
A must have for fans of the much-loved animation series. As a huge fan myself, I simply adored every single page. The attention to detail, both visual and contextual, is just amazing.

The cover gives off an almost "fancomic" aura about it, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how "official" it all seemed, and that many of the comics were written by people who worked on the show.

This fun-packed volume really helps to fill the void of the end of the series, as well as the less than stellar Shyamal
Princolitas
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Me encantó de principio a fin, los dibujos son increíbles, y las historias cortas que complementan la saga original me hicieron reír mucho, sentía en cada página el movimiento, la voz y las expresiones de los personajes justo como cuando veía la serie; simplemente mirando los dibujos. Súper recomendado si te gustó la serie Avatar, es importante recalcar que para poder leer este libro debiste haber visto primero la serie para poder comprenderlo :)
Kierra
LOVED IT!

After Korra's finale I just needed to read this to remember how awesome Aang's gang was. This book is a very good reminder of why I loved Avatar in the first place. It's funny and positive in every way. And as much as I love Korra's episodes (last two seasons to be honest), Team Avatar #1 is still the best way to put a smile on way face.

Excellent job, Mr. Konietzko! I'm gonna really miss this universe.
Rachel
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh this is precious. Reading this was like blasting through a bunch of bonus episodes—the tone is spot on, and it felt like a bit like getting a great hug from a friend you haven't seen in a long time. Watching The Legend of Korra has made me nostalgic for the old Gaang, and this felt like a great visit.
Shravanthi
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just keep 'em coming :D
Elevetha
This collection of extra short stories that take place throughout the original Avatar: The Last Airbender series is a bit lackluster. Most of the stories don't add much of anything, in my opinion. There were a few good ones that I really enjoyed reading but, for the most part, I wouldn't consider them worthy of a re-read.
Bonn
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zuko and Mai? *squee!* Bender-nonbender tensions? yes, please. Fire army Private Wang Fire? dying!!!
Cory
May 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Avatar
Shelves: netgalley
If you watched the show, you aren't missing anything. The art is good, but the stories aren't. I will review each individual story later.
Danielle
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5/5

Yuè
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful collection of extra stories. All the Avatar comics are canon, but they always take place after the show or before the show. The Lost Adventures, on the other hand, ties in with the books.

There was a huge variety in stories. Some were very funny, like Sokka trying to be the Avatar. Others just highlighted aspects of the character's personality, like Aang befriending a small Fire Nation kid on a train. Some made your heart break, like the one where Aang realises he's in a spo
Nicole
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great for what it is: a collection of short stories during all three books of the series (each book is separated for you). I'm not big on the bonus short stories and a few of the art styles do nothing for me. For the most part, the art is consistent and like it stepped out of the screen and onto the page. The characters are mostly themselves and the tone seems to match the show.

Note: I'm using this as part of the Avatar marathon, with tv series, this graphic novel, the trilogies that follow, th
Ana
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cuteness. The nostalgia. I read this all in one sitting. I actually didn't watch the show as a child, I watched it in its entirety on Amazon with my boyfriend over a holiday break. I fell in love with Avatar and wanted more. I heard the live -action movie wasn't so good, and as I was walking around Barnes and Noble I came across this nugget of a book. It's like a behind the scenes DVD and I loved it.
Marsha Altman
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I finally got around to reading this and it's pretty good! The art is, for the most part, great, and the stories go along with the tone of the show. It can be childish, but it's more consistent tonally than some of the more recent stuff.
Sanja
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
not a fan of most of the different styles.. but I love avatar so I will never go under 3 stars 😁
Caitlin
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of fun little stories and a handful of serious ones, great for an easy read.
Janani
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
SOKKA IS LIFE. HE WILL ALWAYS MAKE MY DAY HAPPY.
Ximena
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 ⭐
Entretenimiento + Diversión + Nostalgia = Todo lo que sientes cuando ves de nuevo la serie 💕

Un buen complemento con historias cortas que se entrelazan en los capítulos de la serie, perfecto para pasar un buen momento 👌🏼
Hannah
Oct 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For anyone who doesn't know, Avatar: The Last Airbender was a show about a boy named Aang and his friends, Katara, Sokka, and Toph. They three nations (Air has been wiped out): Fire, Earth, and Water. The Fire Nation had taken over and was waging a war for domination over the other three nations. Aang is the avatar, the one who is meant to master all four elements and keep peace in the world.

In The Lost Adventures, we get quite a few fun tales about their adventures outside of what the show was
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
I've previously read another graphic novel from Avatar which was supposed to be the original story, but it was actually based on the movie which was not good at all. Plus, it had the characters appearance changed so when i got this one from NetGalley, i had my doubts of what i will see.

As it seems, this one is created of some of the original creators of the series and some others new ones. It has 4 parts (Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Bonus Stories) with each one of them includes short stories of 5 (m
Sara Thompson
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I picked this selection because my son is huge Avatar fan. I've watched some of the cartoon episodes and the movie with him but I can't say I have followed it well. I can't think of anytime I have read an Avatar book either.
Knowing that, I thoroughly enjoyed this graphic novel. This is a collection of stories that have not been previously published. They touch on parts of the Avatar story but do not tell it.
I will say it helps to have some background knowledge of the characters and the world of
Dani Shuping
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it
ARC provided by netGalley

Are you a fan of the animated "Avatar: the Last Airbender" (not the movie)? If you are then this book is for you. Aang and the gang return for a series of 26 short comics, some of which have never been published before. The book is dived into three sections to match the TV show--water, earth, and fire.

If you're looking for full length feature episodes in comic format then you'll be disappointed. If you're looking, however for stories that flesh out what went on in betwe
Taha
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Aang ve diğerlerinin kayıp maceralarını okumak harikaydı. Hikayelerin Sokka ağırlıklı olması çok eğlenceli olmuş. Çizimler mükemmeldi zaten:)
description
NOT: Bu çizgi romanın internetten Türkçe çevirisini bulup okumaya başladım önce; ama çeviri o kadar hatalı ve yetersizdi ki, tekrar İngilizce orijinal metininden okumak durumunda kaldım. Kitabı okumak için gerçekten ileri düzey bir ingilizceniz olmasına gerek yok, diyaloglar genel olarak oldukça basit. Ayrıca, ayrıntılara çok takılı kalmam diyorsanız, Türkç
Emily
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, to-read-2017
It was so nice getting back into the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I plan on doing a full marathon of the entire series and then going on to The Legend of Korra right after.... at some point. Honestly, it might not realistically happen until the summer time, but I just so enjoyed seeing them all again. It was just such a flashback to when I was younger and watching the series on TV in awe, cheering on Aang, loving Katara (I might've had a slight crush on her, before I even knew I liked gi ...more
RP group 1 8 Apr 07, 2014 12:20PM
Shut Up & Read: The Legend of Korra :The Last Air bender Series 30 90 Jul 28, 2012 07:37PM
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Scrolls Collection
  • The Lost Scrolls: Fire

Avatar: The Last Airbender Books (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Art of the Animated Series)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Poster Collection
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • Avatar Volume 3: The Last Airbender (Avatar #3)
  • Avatar Volume 4: The Last Airbender (Avatar #4)
  • Avatar Volume 5: The Last Airbender (Avatar #5)
  • Avatar Volume 6: The Last Airbender (Avatar #6)
  • Avatar Volume 7: The Last Airbender (Avatar #7)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)