Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures

(Avatar: The Last Airbender Books)

For three years, millions of eager fans tuned in to watch new episodes of Nickelodeon's hit animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Ever since, fans have been hungry for more, and now their wait is finally over!

This volume collects the long-out-of-print, fan-favorite comics previously published in Nickelodeon Magazine and with the Airbender DVDs, plus over seventy
Published June 15th 2011 by Dark Horse

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Start your review of Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures
Sana
help, I'm a little too obsessed with this.
Kwesi 章英狮
My siblings and I always watch Avatar: The Last Airbender every Saturday when I was in high school. I admit that I love Aang and the gang, and their reckless journey to study all four elements to defeat the Fire country. Because of some television issue at the present, I don't have the chance to watch Aang and the gang again. Sad to say, I miss most of their adventures already and I don't have any idea what I read inside of this book.

At last, this collection of out-of-print, fan favorite comics
Sesana
Oct 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics
On average, actually pretty good. The best thing about all these stories, I think, is just how much they feel like they belong with the cartoon. The short stories could be scenes from a "real" episode, and the longer stories feel like they could be episodes themselves. There's a little variety in the art, but the quality is pretty consistent. And a few of the stories actually flesh out some aspects of the show. There's nothing really ground breaking, but I think most Avatar fans will be pleased.
Rose
Dec 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rose by: NetGalley
I don't mince words when I say that Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite animated shows in any consideration, and I know many people, younger and older than myself, who love the series as well.

"The Lost Adventures" compiles some of the original Nickelodeon comic shorts from their magazines, plus some rare miscellaneous stories and fan-related creations in the mix. A wide selection of artists and writers, some of whom worked on the original series, combined their efforts to form this
Lisa
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
description

This was so much fun!
I would go as far as to say that Avatar was one of my (if not the) favourite tv show(s) growing up. I spend a lot of time pretending to waterbend and fighting the fire nation when I was in elementary school - huh, the good old times.

This comic was an amazing, fast read! I love Avatar's humour and especially - it's characters and the artwork.
This is a collection of many different short stories surrounding Aang and Co, written and animated by different artists. Alas, I liked
Mitticus
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Avatar fans
3.5

Some slice of life, short, fluffy, silly stories between major events in the Avatar ; some are good stories, but others just silly and the artwork changes from one to another.

Enjoyable but not over indispensable.
Kogiopsis
I... am not all that impressed. This collection of stories is definitely cute, don't get me wrong, but it adds very little. There were a couple stand-outs - 'Relics' and 'Combustion Man on a Train' (despite the latter's ridiculous title) added nicely to Aang's character in little ways. Mostly, though, these read like brief vignettes and don't contribute that much to the overall story of the show - which is good, I suppose, since it prevents the show from feeling like there were plot holes. A few ...more
Kathryn
This collection, subtitled The Lost Adventures, will be popular with hardcore fans, probably teenagers more than anyone else. I realize many adults, or at least adults who are young at heart, are fans of the series. I count myself among them but I am not as fond of this collection as I am of the animated series. Each of the stories take place in between the episodes, so there was a great deal of downtime and none of the youthful drama which is the main reason why I enjoyed the series so much. ...more
Cass -  Words on Paper
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
A must have for fans of the much-loved animation series. As a huge fan myself, I simply adored every single page. The attention to detail, both visual and contextual, is just amazing.

The cover gives off an almost "fancomic" aura about it, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how "official" it all seemed, and that many of the comics were written by people who worked on the show.

This fun-packed volume really helps to fill the void of the end of the series, as well as the less than stellar
Kierra
LOVED IT!

After Korra's finale I just needed to read this to remember how awesome Aang's gang was. This book is a very good reminder of why I loved Avatar in the first place. It's funny and positive in every way. And as much as I love Korra's episodes (last two seasons to be honest), Team Avatar #1 is still the best way to put a smile on way face.

Excellent job, Mr. Konietzko! I'm gonna really miss this universe.
Rachel
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh this is precious. Reading this was like blasting through a bunch of bonus episodes—the tone is spot on, and it felt like a bit like getting a great hug from a friend you haven't seen in a long time. Watching The Legend of Korra has made me nostalgic for the old Gaang, and this felt like a great visit.
Ulises Estrada
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, comics
Im not giving it the 5 stars because there were two really silly stories,and others really short.
Book 1: Water
Bee calm. 3/5 Stars (i miss this guys so much)
Water war 2.5 Stars (to short)
Don't blow it. 3/5 Stars (not a big fan of this drawing style)
Relics. 5/5 Stars (to sad)
Fruit-stand freestyle 1/5 Stars (ignore this)
Book 2 : Earth
Sleep Bending. 3.5/5 Stars (cool)
Lessons. 2.5/5
Sokka the avatar 4.5/5 Stars (love Sokka)
Dirty is only kin deep. 3/5 Stars
∘⁖⁎⋆Noor⋆✶⁎∘
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Help I’m obsessed
Elevetha
This collection of extra short stories that take place throughout the original Avatar: The Last Airbender series is a bit lackluster. Most of the stories don't add much of anything, in my opinion. There were a few good ones that I really enjoyed reading but, for the most part, I wouldn't consider them worthy of a re-read.
Cory
May 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Avatar
Shelves: netgalley
If you watched the show, you aren't missing anything. The art is good, but the stories aren't. I will review each individual story later.
Bonn
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Zuko and Mai? *squee!* Bender-nonbender tensions? yes, please. Fire army Private Wang Fire? dying!!!
Danielle
Jul 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating: 4.5/5

Shannon Fay
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quite a lot of cute little stories in this volume, and many with shenanigans that were definitely reminiscent of some of the coolest and funniest episodes of Avatar. I love the ridiculousness our gang gets up to. I also really liked the vast collection of artists involved, because we get to see Avatar in a couple different styles, which is pretty neat. And almost all of the artists are great, drawing my beloved Avatar so well that I can hear Aang, Katara and Sokka's voices in my head, like I'm ...more
Dee Jane
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is hilarious! I can't believe it took me so long to read this. I know it's been going on since 2011 but I did not have the keen interest before until yesterday! Aaarrrrgghh I'm so mad of myself for waiting this long! I have to watch the TV series ASAP!

I love the characters! And the nature of the plot is just so amazing! Air Bender, water Bender, earth Bender, fire Bender! Just so awesome!!!!

And did I tell the graphics are phenomenal?!! This is now my favorite! I can't wait to read the
Yuè
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful collection of extra stories. All the Avatar comics are canon, but they always take place after the show or before the show. The Lost Adventures, on the other hand, ties in with the books.

There was a huge variety in stories. Some were very funny, like Sokka trying to be the Avatar. Others just highlighted aspects of the character's personality, like Aang befriending a small Fire Nation kid on a train. Some made your heart break, like the one where Aang realises he's in a
Nicole
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic
Great for what it is: a collection of short stories during all three books of the series (each book is separated for you). I'm not big on the bonus short stories and a few of the art styles do nothing for me. For the most part, the art is consistent and like it stepped out of the screen and onto the page. The characters are mostly themselves and the tone seems to match the show.

Note: I'm using this as part of the Avatar marathon, with tv series, this graphic novel, the trilogies that follow,
Juho Pohjalainen
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've no shame to say that Avatar: The Last Airbender is the single best thing to ever have come out of television. These comics are a bit less so: they're for the most part irrelevant to the show itself, unnecessary, but a few do add some greater context and nearly all are entertaining just the same.
Aldi
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
These were all really fun. I still think the show can't do pairings for crap, so I could've done without the Katara/Aang-centric one, but mercifully it was short, lol. (Many of these stories again highlight that he's still essentially a kid in most ways and shipping him doesn't work for me at all).
Ana Garza
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cuteness. The nostalgia. I read this all in one sitting. I actually didn't watch the show as a child, I watched it in its entirety on Amazon with my boyfriend over a holiday break. I fell in love with Avatar and wanted more. I heard the live -action movie wasn't so good, and as I was walking around Barnes and Noble I came across this nugget of a book. It's like a behind the scenes DVD and I loved it.
Brianda
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was cute! Quick read and a little all over the place, but they warned you of that before time. There were quite a few parts that made me laugh out loud, which is very rare, so I appreciated it. I was smiling while reading most of it :)
Marsha Altman
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I finally got around to reading this and it's pretty good! The art is, for the most part, great, and the stories go along with the tone of the show. It can be childish, but it's more consistent tonally than some of the more recent stuff.
Janani(ஜனனி)
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
SOKKA IS LIFE. HE WILL ALWAYS MAKE MY DAY HAPPY.
Jane Lyons
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-since-2016
I would rate this 6 stars if I could!
Sanja
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
not a fan of most of the different styles.. but I love avatar so I will never go under 3 stars ...more
Shut Up & Read: The Legend of Korra :The Last Air bender Series 28 90 Jul 28, 2012 07:37PM

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 2 (The Promise, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Library Edition, #4)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South (Avatar: The Last Airbender, Library Edition, #5)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 1 (The Rift, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 2 (The Rift, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 3 (The Search, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 1 (The Promise, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 1 (The Search, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2 (The Search, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part 3 (The Rift, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 3 (Smoke and Shadow, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 1 (Smoke and Shadow, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow, Part 2 (Smoke and Shadow, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)

Avatar: The Last Airbender Books (1 - 10 of 77 books)
  • Avatar The Last Airbender: The Art of the Animated Series
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Poster Collection
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • Avatar Volume 3: The Last Airbender (Avatar #3)
  • Avatar Volume 4: The Last Airbender (Avatar #4)
  • Avatar Volume 5: The Last Airbender (Avatar #5)
  • Avatar Volume 6: The Last Airbender (Avatar #6)
  • Avatar Volume 7: The Last Airbender (Avatar #7)