Start by marking “Cooking Rocks!: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids” as Want to Read:
Cooking Rocks!: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids

Cooking Rocks!: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals for Kids

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  212 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Calling all kid chefs! This special collection of 30-minute meals is just for you. Includes over 100 recipes, divided into sections for ages 4 to 16, along with tips and helpful hints that emphasize safety and creativity. Fully illustrated with fun drawings, color photographs of kids in the kitchen with Rachael, and original letters from young fans. Impress your family wit ...more
Published September 20th 2004 by Lake Isle Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Cooking Rocks!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Rocks!

Jennifer Canterbury
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
This is such an inspiring book for younger and older cooks alike! When I gave this book to my children, I told them I might need to borrow it. They're really excited to learn how to make the recipes all by themselves, with a little help from the grown-ups where needed. I recommend this book for anyone who is learning how to cook or wants to teach children how to cook.
Stacey
Jul 20, 2008 rated it liked it
One of the things I thought I'd try to help my son overcome his limited diet was to cook with him. What I really needed was a cookbook aimed at kids, with quick recipes and the ability to lay flat on the counter. Rachael Ray's Cooking Rocks! just might be that book.

The recipes look tasty but I think we'll have to start with some of the sweeter stuff to get him interested. I do wish that more pictures of the finished product had been included so that he'd be able to pick the recipe from what it l
Marjanne
Jun 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents, maybe
Shelves: cook-sew-etc
This cookbook is geared towards kids (as if you couldn't tell), and definitely caters to kid tastes. Rachael claims she still makes and eats these recipes, but aside from a handful I'm not sure why. Several of them look like things I've seen in her other books (yes, she has recycled some of her recipes from some of her other books) and a bunch just sounded plain yucky. They are probably things kids would like and probably enjoy, though I don't think their parents may be too keen. I'll probably k ...more
Jonathan Bosch
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A really good book for kids. I gave copies to my nephew & younger sister's boys. I helps that Rachael looks a lot like my sister, I wrote on the note to Matthew & Preston "Look guys, your Mom wrote a book". My first hero was Graham Kerr, made a chocolate souffle when I was 12 & it turned out well. I wanted to share the joy of making good food with them, Laura Ellen has posted about their creations, hoping I helped with their skills.
Natalie
Apr 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
My true hero. I really was inspired by her when I was little, I would always say "I am going to grow up and be a excellent chef and have my one TV show and still be hot!" But then she got really famous and the hollywood bug bite her and then I said "never mind, I want to be just like Jane Goodall, and save monkeys and treefrogs!" I really recommend this book for moms who have time to cook with the children.
Dec 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Love her or hate her, you can't deny the enormous child appeal of this cookbook. She separates the recipes into age ranges, which helps determine the difficulty level. The recipes are sometimes gimmicky (pasta with "trees"...broccoli...get it?) but they're still lots of fun. Now if only it weren't spiral bound...
Alyse
Apr 19, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbook
Where are the pictures? I really like to see what the finished product is supposed to look like and this cookbook has no pictures.
Karan Johnstone
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Some pretty good recipes in here. The boys liked to find something to make out of this book when they were little.
Avery
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
yummy!
Megan
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Definitely one of my favorite childrens' cookbook. Even though I am no longer a child, I still love to cook from the easy yet still interesting recipes.
Aryanna
Jan 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
i have learned alot of recipes from this book. Plus, instead of just being a cook book, it shares some of Racheal Ray's funny cooking stories.
Derise Rehm
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
My daughter has used this book over and over again!!!
Kathy (Kindle-aholic)
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
This one is cute - lots of pictures. The problem is - other than maybe 4 of the recipes, my kids won't eat any of this stuff. If you have a kid that will try anything, this might work for you.
Shara
Dec 29, 2009 added it
I wish I could get my kids to start enjoying foods.
Maggie Evans
Nov 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Rachael Ray is an awesome cook and the recipes in this book (at least the ones I've tried) are pretty good :)
Amanda
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lots of great recipes as well as cute recipe names and illustrations. :)
Renee
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • BBQ USA: 425 Fiery Recipes from All Across America
  • Williams-Sonoma Collection: Dessert
  • Williams-Sonoma Collection: Soup
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • The Donkey Who Carried a King
  • Paula Deen's My First Cookbook
  • 101 Hymn Stories: The Inspiring True Stories Behind 101 Favorite Hymns
  • A Biblical Home Education: Building Your Homeschool on the Foundation of God's Word
  • Methodical Bible Study
  • The Master's Plan for the Church
  • Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cook
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow Cooker Favorites for All the Year Round
  • The Nature of the Atonement: Four Views
  • Extreme Animals: The Toughest Creatures on Earth
  • How to Read the Psalms
  • The Wizard's Map (Tartan Magic, #1)
  • 101 Great Science Experiments
  • Basic Bible Interpretation
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho