Start by marking “Alaska's Three Bears” as Want to Read:
Alaska's Three Bears

Alaska's Three Bears

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Join the polar, grizzly, and black bears as they travel across Alaska's vast wilderness. This is the real story of the three bears, filled with facts on America's best-loved bruins. Ages 3 and up.
Published July 29th 1997 by Sasquatch Books (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Alaska's Three Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alaska's Three Bears

Kelly Shiverdecker
Published: 1990

This informational nonfiction book describes a story of the life of three bears who live in Alaska, while at the bottom of the page, it gives real facts about bears.
Allie Reitzell
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is a non-fictional book about the different types of bears in Alaska. I can use this to talk about habitats, different types of bears, and science.
Megan
This is a unique spin on the classic "Three Bears" story. It is full of information and is a great teaching tool. The illustrations are gorgeous and my son has made it interactive as we count the bears on every page and he points out the colors of each one (white, brown, and black).
It introduces less common animals such as the moose and seal as well as several land features. I think it would be appropriate for many age ranges. Younger kids will enjoy the main story, while older children will l
Tania
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is another book we read to our students at our summer reading program. They loved it. They thought the drawings were terrific, and especially liked the borders on each page. They enjoyed learning more about bears, and they thought it was a neat twist on the original story of the three bears. I highly recommend this book to any teacher who wants to do a unit on bears - it's a book that successfully merges entertainment and educaational components
Laci
Oct 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
This book was not very interesting. It would be good for a theme with bears or Alaska or climates even. You could also real all different pigs with playoffs of goldilocks. This is what this book is kind of like.
Jessica
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
A fun book that gives students a look at all three types of bears: Polar, Grizzly, and Black. This book is full of great information, but in order to use as a read aloud in kindergarten it is best to just read the story and choose a few snippets of the side information to share.
Kathleen
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A good way to learn about the different diets and habitats of the three types of bears found in Alaska (polar, brown, and black.) I liked the reuse of the original “Three Bears” format, as each bear finds a place just right for him!
Sarah Sammis
May 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
Review coming soon. I need to read it again before I review it.
Brianna Soloski
Sep 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
This is a great teaching tool. Besides telling a little spinoff of the three bears, it also gives interesting facts about the types of bears found in Alaska and Canada.
Kristina Arnold
An informational book on bears that is very interesting but the pictures should be actual pictures of bears in my opinion.
Susan Keady
Jan 30, 2016
Marie
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Alaskan author Shelley Gill lives in Homer, Alaska at the end of the road in North America. Her books reflect her life: racing in the Iditarod Sled Dog Race, doing humpback research in Prince William Sound and working as a naturalist in various habitats: Alaska, Antarctica and Hawaii. Her current project, Whale Detective, follows her own research into the community life of humpbacks in Alaska. Her ...more
More about Shelley Gill