Start by marking “Much of Madness, More of Sin” as Want to Read:
Much of Madness, More of Sin

Much of Madness, More of Sin

BEYOND THE DEPTHS OF MADNESS... During an annual festival celebrating an ancient god...In a county jail where escape is unlikely...Along downtown avenues where population provides safety...In a nightclub so boisterous, it's difficult to hear the person standing next to you...In a bath house in Phoenix, or amidst the towering trees of wilderness-Here madness touches the sou ...more
Published December 7th 2010 by Shadow City Press (first published December 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Much of Madness, More of Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Much of Madness, More of Sin

Jeannie Sloan
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a phenomenal collection...Wow!!!
Anyone who had any interest in literary horror about gay or strait men or others should check out this book.
It blew me away.I have been recommending it to everyone I know who can appreciate fine literature in the horror genre.I can't wait to see what he comes out with next.This is an author to watch.
J'aime
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
I have rarely found it to be a good sign when a book opens with an introduction in which the author tries to persuade you to give the book a chance and not make assumptions. That usually has me making assumptions, especially when the author says “Yes, readers can expect graphic scenes of lust. Surely, there are disturbing scenes that may have stomachs churning.” After finishing, I think the introduction was totally unnecessary, perhaps even a hindrance. This book stands on it's own.

This is an a
Gothic Readers Book Club
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WINNER OF THE GOTHIC READERS CHOICE AWARD

Andrew Wolter's writing fuses the classic elements of Gothic literature with modern themes from the LGBT community in a very dark, appealing way. This is a short story collection and Wolter delves into the tragedy, power, and intensity of human bonds and human evil. He explores love, passion, hatred, and viciousness much like Ambrose Bierce did over a century before. His characters are well-drawn and he crafts his narratives carefully to keep the suspense
Derick
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally one to write reviews; but, I'm always reading reviews so I'll had a better chance of choosing a book I'll enjoy. So, I decided I'd start paying it forward and giving my honest opinion on the books I read. Who knows, maybe my review will be the one which helps someone else decide to give, Much of Madness, More of Sin, a chance.

The opening story in this collection, The Feast of Baccus, will grab you and pull you in, with its vivid characters, fast plot, and escalating horror. Whic
Chris Bowsman
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very strange and horrific trip into the land of Lovecraftian, erotic themed stories. Very good collection, not for the squeamish.
Jordan
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Wow. This is Wolter's first collection of short stories and it's an impressive one. He is quite a talent in the horror genre and I'm excited to see what else he brings to the table.
Ari
Sep 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Whaaaaat the **** did I just read? I think I've had enough nightmares already, thanks.
Jeff Erno
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This twisted anthology of stories is a delightful combination of practically every taboo, a slap in the face to almost any normal, sane person's sensitivities. But hey, I never claimed to be sane, and I'm certainly not normal.

Though the writing was superb, the editing not so much. And there were multiple point-of-view shifts within scenes which happens to be one of my pet peeves. Still, the scenes were vividly portrayed with rich descriptions, and the creepy, demented characters came to life in
Nikki Fordey
Jun 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
I will give this some credit for being the first gay erotic horror short story collection I've come across. I like glbt fiction and horror so I thought the two together would be worth a shot. There was nothing wrong with the work really, but it did seem like the author thought he was such a bad ass for pushing the envelope unnecessarily. I found the introduction/warning very pretentious and wish he had just let the stories speak for themselves.

I would recommend this book to people who are reall
Elisa Rolle
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
2011 Rainbow Awards Honorable Mention (5* from at least 1 judge)
Benjamin Kissell
Chris
Debbie Kennedy
Candice Mckinney
Jun 08, 2011
Andrew Wolter is the award-winning author of Much of Madness, More of Sin and Nightfall. His short stories have appeared in both online and print publications including Raw: Brutality As Art, Enter at Your Own Risk: Fires and Phantoms, and Anthology: Year One.

In addition to his fiction writing, Andrew has previously freelanced as a contributing columnist to X-Factor Magazine, in which he has over