Start by marking “S.O.S. (Titanic, #3)” as Want to Read:
S.O.S. (Titanic, #3)

S.O.S. (Titanic #3)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  1,262 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
From bestselling author Gordon Korman, the thrilling conclusion to the adventure aboard the unluckiest ship of all.

The Titanic was supposed to be unsinkable - the largest passenger steamship in the world, one of the biggest and most luxurious ships ever to operate.

For Paddy, Sophie, Juliana, and Alfie, the Titanic is full of mysteries - whether they're to be found in the o
Published September 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about S.O.S., please sign up.

Ross Rawnsley Rebecca, none so far that I have encountered. Even the gangsters who get rough don't use foul language to the best of my recollection.

Tabby
Jul 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
My favorite character died

Lori
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile, historical
Third in Korman's Titanic trilogy.

I liked this trilogy, I think it would be an excellent set of books to get young boys reading...or girls for that matter.

The story of well-to-do Julianna, suffragist's daughter Sophie, underage White Star employee Alphie and stowaway Paddy is engaging and interesting. The friendship that develops between the three comes across as genuine and easily could have held the story together without the Jack the Ripper subplot.

That subplot was like a big glob of mud in t
Elizabeth
Time is running out for Sophie, Juliana, Alfie, and Paddy as they struggle to survive; the Titanic is sinking and there aren't enough lifeboats.

Readers will be on the edge of their seats wondering who will survive the harrowing journey. Although I wasn't always happy with the results the mostly realistic conclusion should satisfy readers.
Maximus Perez
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book S.O.S. was amazing. It is the third and final book in the unsinkable series. The 4 main characters, Paddy, Alphie, Julianna, and Sophie. Danny, the stowaway that was see taken by bad people was turned up alive and it takes place in the final hours of the titanic. I thought this was a great ending to an amazing trilogy.
Tami
Mar 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Titanic Trilogy consists of three books: (1) Book One: Unsinkable; (2) Book Two: Collision Course; and (3) Book Three: S.O.S. Written by one of my absolute favorite authors–Gordon Korman–these books weave a heart-stopping adventure based on the historical “unsinkable” ship, the Titanic in 1912. Book One details the final arrangements for the Titanic’s maiden voyage and its initial departure from England. Book Two covers the actual event of the Titanic’s fatal crash with the iceberg. Book Thr ...more
Austin Krause
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Personal Response:
I did not really enjoy this book or either of the other two books in the series. I should have expected it, being that it is meant for younger aged kids in like fourth or fifth grade. It was pretty well developed and I think that any kid could potentially enjoy it. This book just wasn't for me though.
Plot:
This book is the last book in the three book series and it is a good continuation of the other two. In this book, the main plot is the final hours of the R.M.S. Titanic.
Paddy
Cathy
Feb 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved everything about the book except the ending -- and I'm not talking about the sinking. I felt like there was too much in the ending that was beyond unbelievable coincidence regarding the main characters. The Jack the Ripper connection was disappointing. The turnaround in the two Irish thugs who were after Paddy throughout the whole series was not believable. The rescues were just too unbelievable. Up to the part in the water, though, the book did not disappoint, and while the ending was d ...more
Rebecca
This is the third and final book in the Titanic series by Gordon Korman, and concludes the story of Sophie, Juliana, Paddy, and Alfie, four young teenagers traveling on the Titanic. At the start of the series, they had very little in common. Juliana and Sophie are both first class passengers, but come from very different families - Juliana is the daughter of a British earl, while Sophie's mother is an American suffragist. Paddy is a stowaway, and Alfie lied about his age to get a job on the ship ...more
Evelynn
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Page 39.

A third of the way through the book, I am screaming in my head that all the main characters absolutely HAVE to make it out of this alive. Pretty much by the end you feel like you just went on a crazy, emotional roller coaster. And got punched in the gut as well.

(view spoiler)
Sydney
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Okay I stayed up till almost 1:00am reading this book. I read it in less than three hours. I just couldn't put it down. I had to find out what happened.

Overall this is one of the best series I've read on the Titanic. I just LOVED it. It was also a very tragic and sad book. learning how unprepared the Titanic was and how the class system treated the people.

(view spoiler)
Titanic History: S.O.S by Gordan Korman - 3rd Book 4 8 Apr 04, 2012 07:03AM
  • Titanic Crossing
  • That Fatal Night: The Titanic Diary of Dorothy Wilton (Dear Canada)
  • Ghosts of the Titanic
  • Titanic Sinks!: Experience the Titanic's Doomed Voyage in this Unique Presentation of Fact and Fiction
  • Dangerous Waters: An Adventure on the Titanic
  • The Surge (Storm Runners, #2)
  • Echoes of Titanic
  • Titanic Tragedy: A New Look at the Lost Liner
  • The Last Musketeer (The Last Musketeer, #1)
  • Polar: The Titanic Bear
  • Iceberg, Right Ahead! The Tragedy of the Titanic
  • All Stations! Distress!: April 15, 1912: The Day the Titanic Sank (Actual Times)
  • A Rare Titanic Family: How the Caldwells Survived the Sinking and Traveled the World
  • The Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (I Survived, #4)
  • Titanic: Legacy of the World's Greatest Ocean Liner
  • No Moon
  • S.O.S. Titanic
  • Hearts That Survive: A Novel of the Titanic
Korman wrote his first book, "This Can't be Happening at Macdonald Hall", when he was 12 years old, for a coach who suddenly found himself teaching 7th grade English. He later took that episode and created a book out of it, as well, in "The Sixth Grade Nickname Game", wherein Mr. Huge was based on that 7th grade teacher.

Korman moved to New York City, where he studied film and film writing. While i
More about Gordon Korman...

Titanic (3 books)
  • Unsinkable (Titanic, #1)
  • Collision Course (Titanic, #2)