Start by marking “Uncommon Thief” as Want to Read:
Uncommon Thief

Uncommon Thief

College student Fred Fuller is pleased with his new part time job as a messenger for Bank USA. The job pays well, the hours are perfect, and many of the bank tellers he works with are young and pretty. When one of the tellers takes a special interest in Fred, he struggles to remain faithful to his college girlfriend, Maria. But this temptation is nothing compared to the ...more
Published October 1st 2016 by Top Publications (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Uncommon Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncommon Thief

Start your review of Uncommon Thief
Gregandemy
Apr 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Won this book from Goodread's giveaways and it just arrived today in the mail, along with an audiobook from Top Publishing. Thank you for both! I'm already a few chapters into Uncommon Thief and will post my review as soon as I finish.
Finished the book, only took two days so its a quick, easy read. the mystery story was somewhat interesting but a little predictable. I didnt enjoy the additional story line of new college student seeking sexual experiences.. It was too much and I couldn't get
Kathy
Feb 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I won this book on Goodreads.

This was a good story. It wasn't much of a mystery, since the reader knew who the bad guys were from the beginning (including one being inexplicably listed on the back cover), and it seemed like the hero and his friends never discovered the real criminals. I liked the characters. I did not like the out-of-nowhere last second resolution.

Note: My copy of the book, which does not appear to be an advance, had multiple typos and grammar errors, including many
Dan
Apr 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
It was a pretty cheesy book. It seemed to skip very quickly through potentially important events. I never became a fan of the main character, and definitely was not rooting for him.

Another issue was the obvious lack of proofreading and editing. There isn't one page in the book that doesn't have grammatical errors, misspellings, or incorrect word usage. It distracted from the already sub-par writing.

I couldn't recommend this book at all.
Julie Barrett
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Uncommon Thief by William Manchee
Story to me is really two books in one. First we have Fred and we follow him along over the years while he's in college, meets Maria and they date while going to college.
He knows what he wants to do with his life and he also knows he has to work and becomes a bank messenger to make ends meet. He had gotten some money from an aunt that passed away to help with his finances.
Story is also following a politician and the people he meets that can advance his career.
The
Vera Wilson
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I won a copy of this at Goodreads. Fred is an outstanding young college student. Never been in any trouble, tops in his high school class, a boy scout, and just all around good guy. He gets a part time job as a messenger of Bank USA, so all know you have a security check for a job like this.

From the first day on his job, the guy training Fred is not too nice. He is training Fred to take over the route that is had taken away from himself.

Fred is doing a great job, and one night when go to pick up
Suzi
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
a delightful book with well fleshed out and interesting characters. thank you for this giveaway!
Lace
Mar 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I am a little unsure what to say about this book. The main character was quite unlikable, the story seemed to jump around a little and rush through events that seemed to be important, and the characters were not very well developed. It did have its intriguing points though, so overall, I guess I would give it 3 stars.
RETRODOLL
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure whether the author intended for the central character, Fred, to be likable to the reader or not. He's an Eagle Scout, good student, and even worked for a local politician. But honestly, I did not find Fred endearing and I wasn't necessarily rooting for or against him. This is a problem; because the main plot revolves around him being falsely accused of murder. In a scenario such as this, I would think the writer would want the reader on the side of the accused, right? Dunno. But IF ...more
Kate
Apr 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I was excited to get this book from Goodreads First Reads! Thank you!

I must say that the errors (grammatical, spelling, plot holes/errors) were incredibly distracting. So much so, I couldnt help showingthem to my husband and saying them aloud for a good laugh. For example, a girl is described as a brunette, then a few sentences later, she's blonde. Come on. Had it not yet been edited? I had a hard time focusing on the story, which to me, is why I enjoy reading.

Beyond that, I had a hard time
Cristy
I was fortunate enough to win a copy of UNCOMMON THIEF from a Goodreads First Reads giveaway, so thank you very much for that! Being a crime/mystery fan, I easily found myself caught up in the “uncommon thief” Frank Fuller’s life of a UCLA student and bank messenger, living in Southern California in the 1960’s.

The story starts out strong, setting up the scene for the bank heist and ends even better with a couple surprise twists. The plot its self is pretty much what you’d anticipate from a
Maria
Apr 10, 2011 rated it liked it
It's the 1960s and Fred Fuller is a college student working part time as a messenger for BankUSA. He loves his girlfriend, Maria, but there's a blonde bombshell hitting on him at one of the banks. If that's not enough trouble, there's been a robbery and murder, and his fingerprints are all over the crime scene. Someone has planted one million dollars in his car, what should he do?

I found Uncommon Thief to be a fairly good book. The protagonist, Fred Fuller, was definitely a three dimensional
Terri
Apr 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Uncommon Thief is the story of Fred Fuller and how he managed to get himself wrapped up in a monumental bank robbery. Fuller was a messenger for the bank and got to know those that worked for the ban pretty well, including a seductive bank teller named Candy. When the money does missing, Fred's whole life begins to fall apart. Not only is he being accused of stealing the money, but he is also involved with Candy to the point where his girlfriend Maria could also get caught up in the whole ...more
Keith
Apr 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
This has nothing in common with good mystery novels. What motivates the characters? Is the protagonist really not the sharpest bulb in the bag? The dialog never rings true. If a good mystery is like a scenic, twisting mountain road sport car enthusiasts dream of, this is a shortest path North American coast to coast highway with a strictly enforced speed limit of 45 mph. I got through it jumping from one inconsistency to the next, the only cognitive exercise available within these pages.

I
Kristin
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
I won a copy of this book from Goodreads first reads, I'm happy I got the chance to read it! It's a good book and I recommend it. It's a slightly quick (to me) but very good read. I liked how much detail he put into each character, it made them easier to relate too and made the characters more dimensional. The plot was slightly predictable (but I read a lot of books like this) but the ending was worth it all.

tl;dr: This book is well worth the read!
Robin
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable book. A different style of a mystery, knowing who did it upfront but framing someone else. It was interesting to see how Fred (the framed guy) would be found not guilty. Lots of twists in the story that kept me reading and not wanting to stop.

There were quite a few errors (grammar and spelling) in the book so I assume this was a I uncorrected proof although it did not say that anywhere on/in the book.
Rachel Sakitis
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book free from Goodreads. This book is outstanding. When I first started reading it, I was unsure how interesting this book would be. Well it did not take me long to see. It is so full of suspense, I could not read it fast enough.

I would definitely recommend this book to all my reader friends.
Lora Mays
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good, quick read! Definitely wanted to keep reading to find out what happened in the end, had some interesting twists and such, but in the end, it felt pretty predictable. I was waiting for that "WOW, really?!" moment. But, despite that, it was really good!
Patty
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-reads
Not a really tight work of suspense. Some of the parts of the protagonist's life choices were "like REALLY?" and the girlfriend...what was up with that. Nothing was very well constructed nor flowed to the next input. Sorry just didn't like it.
Rachelmae
Apr 07, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. Though i felt that reading the back cover ruined the entire plot for me. I expected some sort of twist in the plot that was not on the back cover, but that never came. Overall not a bad read, interesting story.
Brenda Schneider
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fairly good mystery. A quick read. I won this book through Goodreads.
Leah
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this story. I was expecting so kind of twist but it was a good, easy, brainless read.
M.
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: good-reads
I won it in a contest and found it a good read. Interesting setting.
Minakshi
Apr 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
Received this book through Goodreads First Reads giveaway. Unfortunately, the characters were 2 dimensional, and the story was flat and predictable.
Edward Kalapinski
Amber
rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2015
William Manchee
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jake
Feb 19, 2011
Lynn
Apr 11, 2011
Mar 27, 2011
William Manchee is an attorney by trade and practices consumer law in Dallas with his son Jim. Originally from southern California, he now lives in Plano, Texas.