Start by marking “Displayed” as Want to Read:
Displayed

Displayed (Purgatory Club #2)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  539 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Welcome back to Purgatory!

For too long Emerson tried to gain the attention of one man, with no luck. Until she discovers his secret—in a sex club. With a mask and a plan she goes after him and ends up unearthing her own secret desires.

Rio wants what he can’t have but isn’t about to ruin his life over it. Now a new woman has caught his eye and he longs to discover why she h
Nook
Published January 25th 2011 by Gypsy Ink Books (first published August 2009)

Got Romance!  Reviews
Title: Displayed (Purgatory Series #2)
Author: Eliza Gayle
Heat Level: Scorching
Other: Dominance, Submission, Fetish, Exhibitionism. F/F play
Reviewer: Suki
Date: June 17, 2011

Welcome back to Purgatory!

Janet Juengling-Snell
This is the 2nd novella in the Purgatory Series, by Eliza Gayle.

This time around, we meet Emerson, who has a crush on her big brother’s friend Rio, since she was a teen. As much as Rio wants Em, he will never act upon his desire.

But she has a plan, to become a submissive at Purgatory, were Rio is a Dom. Wearing a mask, Em is going to be presented for auction. She is taking a big risk, what if Rio doesn’t bid. Has he even noticed her? What will happen when her mask is removed?

Rio has not just not
Steph
Eliza's Purgatory shorts are just that - little bites of sexy goodness that leave you wishing you have the whole candy bar instead. Displayed introduces us to Emerson and Rio. Em is Rio's best friend's little sister, but he sees her as more. Doesn't matter though - he knows it's hands off where she's concerned. Em, who's unwilling to accept that, hides behind a mask at the Purgatory Club where she's found Rio. On the night of her big reveal, she wants nothing more than to be chosen by Rio.

This
Aimee
Mar 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This was a good story. Bit shorter than I would have really liked. I would have liked to see a little more tension between the two characters, I thought this could have made an excellent novel instead of a novella. But, the story was good. It was steamy, even if a bit rushed.

I read this out of order, Amazon doesn't really seem to care to put series orders on the kindle menu. But, it was enough to make me want to go back and read the one I missed.
Rida
Mar 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 'Purgatory Trio' of short stories are very well written BDSM erotica.

They are basically BDSM scenes that involve members of the Purgatory Club. The stories are well constructed and meet the challenge of short story writing.

The other two books are: Watch Me Hide and Touch Me, Tease Me, Whip Me.
Evey
I liked it more than the previous one, and I believe it was steamier. However, the romance between the main characters wasn't that much believable, probably because there was little development, done in a rush. Anyway, it was a quick read that I enjoyed.
Pam
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Liked it, but way too short...
Ronda Thayer
Good

I enjoyed this book. I just wish it was longer! It a nice BDSM short story. I would have liked more back storyline, and what happened with Em's brother?
Flocharda
Se me hizo más corto que el anterior u.u Ni a disfrutarlo llegué
Ni_kii
Judith
May 08, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Two in a three-part series of novellas based on "scenes" at the Purgatory Club and rooted in the BDSM lifestyle. Thought this story, like book one, was well written and yet felt that the bevity of the work detracted from telling the story fully. It is one reason that I have never really liked short stories or novellas. Ms Gayle is a very talented writer, but even her expertise is stretched in getting the point across or making all the aspects of the story hang together. Even extending this ...more
Cecily Kyle
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this installment of the Purgatory series. I loved that Em went for what she wanted and I loved that Rio gave it to her. I like that these stories are more than just a sexual experience and have the potential to lead to something great. I also enjoy the slight connectedness of the characters as you read on.
Leslee Anderson
I guess my biggest complaint is that the novella was way too short. Quick sweet read. There isn't a lot a depth or connection for me. I enjoy Eliza Gayle's books so I enjoyed the tale but Em and Rio's was too short really get into the story.
Shanna
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
I loved seeing Katie again, and had become nervous about the prospect of not hearing anything about her story in this sequel to Roped. Lovely fast paced (incredibly short) erotica. Continuing to enjoy Ms. Gayle's character development achieved in so few pages.

Becca
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet/hot. This story is about Emerson who's had a crush on her older brother's friend Rio since she was a young teenager. Now out of college she decides to go after him by putting herself up for auction at Purgatory, a BDSM club Rio frequents. Well written, and very hot.
Ŧ ♥️Charlene
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Did not like the Katie/Em bit.
Julie  aka trouble..
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
loved it
Danijela
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I would love love to read a longer version of this story. It was so hot. Really hot.
Christine
3.5 stars. HOT short story. Wished the books were all in one.
Mary Cathie
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kinky-kovers
D. Erotic lingerie, such as corsets, lacy underwear or stockings as examples-Kinky Kovers Challenge
~*~Happy Hour Prez~*~
I previously read this book but wasn't part of Goodreads at the time so I didn't log the dates....don't even ask me to try to remember.

To date, I have read this book 2 times.
Patricia
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense! I have no other words to describe it. But, I bought the series if that helps.
Lirajean
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: d-s
Quick, kinky, but not much different than what is starting to feel like 100s of these stories.
Zany Rin
Story still short but the spice is just right.

Full review with rest of series to come ...
Debbie Chittenden
Incredibly HOT and SEXY! What a way to get what you want. Em is a very clever girl; and she is willing to do whatever it takes to get her man.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Way too short a story. It was ok but needed more character development.
Bungle Midnight Reads

Another good short story/quick read. Gayle is rather good with these quicj bed time reads!
Katherine O'Grady
Another quick, hot read.

Bought from kobo.
Kathryn
I wish these books went a bit longer, but Ms. Gayle sure does hit the mark with them. Displayed is the perfect title for the story, and the characters make you smile.
Eunice Fuller
Jun 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot soooooooo hot
  • SoloPlay (Come Again, #2)
  • Valentine Submission (Valentine Submission, #1)
  • A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
  • My One
  • Tamed
  • Maverick's Black Cat (The Boulevard, #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Love My Way
  • Undercover Submission (Graceful #3)
  • Private Investigations
  • Reconstructing Meredith
  • Odalisque (Comfort, #3)
  • Signed, Sealed and Delivered
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • Kidnap and Kink (Taboo Wishes,  #2)
  • Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club, #3)
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)

GRAB the first three books in my Southern Shifters series at a special price. Click
here

After growing up in the South and dividing my time between Florida and North Carolina, I decided that 2012 would be my year for change. I rented out my house on the East Coast and convinced my family to join me for a wacky trip across the country. Now I write my romance books from a small island in the P
More about Eliza Gayle...

Purgatory Club (6 books)
  • Roped (Purgatory Club, #1)
  • Teased  (Purgatory Club #3)
  • Burned (Purgatory Club, #4)
  • Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5)
  • Hold Me Close (Purgatory Club, #6; Invitation to Eden, #8)