Start by marking “Vite brevi (The Sandman, #7)” as Want to Read:
Vite brevi (The Sandman, #7)

Vite brevi (The Sandman #7)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  42,071 Ratings  ·  999 Reviews
Dream's youngest sister, the loopy Delirium, convinces him to go on a quest for their missing brother, Destruction. But Dream may learn that the cost of finding his prodigal sibling is more than he can bear. collecting The Sandman #41–49
252 pages
Published 2005 by Magic Press (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Vite brevi, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Alejandro
A mad journey about change.

Creative Team:

Writer: Neil Gaiman

Illustrators: Jill Thompson & Vince Locke

Covers: Dave McKean

Letterer: Todd Klein

COINS, BUTTERFLIES, PONdS, QUESTS & FAMILIES

In the review about the sixth volume, Fables & Reflections, I recommended that it was better to read the introduction after reading the TPB, and surprising enough in this seventh volume, Brief Lives, they just decided to putt he introduction at the end of the TPB. Curiouser and curiouser. Oh, and re
Algernon
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, comics

Fasten you seatbelts, folks! It's going to be a bumpy ride!
Watch out! Delirium is behind the wheel and she's looking for Destruction!

delirium driving

She misses her brother, the one that got away: Donde esta mi hermano? She stares at the world with two mismatched eyes: one emerald green, the other pale blue through which silver flecks flicker and swim like a shoal of tiny fish. . The Endless are a family, but what's a good word for 'disfunctional'? Is Delirium the only one who really cares? Who's going to
Bradley
What is really a road trip is really a helluvalot more than just a roadtrip when Dream and Delirium search for their long lost brother of change, Destruction.

Nothing is quite as funny and quirky in these Graphic Novels like Delirium, and nobody is quite as quietly disturbing, deep down. How does one need to so completely retreat from Delight by willingly throwing oneself into deepest madness? *shiver*

I really loved this volume. Things change.

The other most memorable and thought-provoking storie
Bill  Kerwin

This volume is one tale, one quest. Delirium (one of the less frequently seen of the Endless Family) misses her brother Destruction intensely and is determined to find him. Desire and Despair refuse to join her, but she does persuade Dream. Their quest takes them from a travel office in Dublin, Ireland to a strip club called Suffragette City, from the Palace of Bast, Queen and Goddess of Cats to the Temple of Orpheus (where the head of the bard still lives), and finally toward the island retreat
Keely
Brief Lives was personally perfect in every way. It was the volume of The Sandman that solidified my love for the entire series. Not only was it a sublime story about brevity and forgiveness; it was an affirmation of what the Endless was supposed to stand for (and all seven of them too, because we finally get to meet the prodigal sibling who abandoned the responsibilities of his realm). Jill Thompson is the collaborative artist for this volume, and hers are my most favorite depictions of the End ...more
Sh3lly ✨ Bring on the Weird ✨
The great thing about this volume is that it is all about The Endless, aka the Sandman's family. Death, Desire, Despair, Destruction, Delirium... they all make appearances. The main story is that Delirium asks Dream to help her find their brother, Destruction, who has disappeared for 300 years.

Delirium is like a younger version of Tori Amos on acid.

There is even a Tori Amos song playing in the background of a club Delirium goes to in the beginning, when she is trying to find family members to h
Brooke
Jul 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Coming off the least interesting volume in the series (The Sandman Vol. 6 Fables and Reflections), Brief Lives was a welcome high point. Delerium wants to look for Destruction, who left the Endless family and disappeared 300 years prior. Dream is the only sibling who agrees to accompany her; he doesn't want to find Destruction, but he does want to take his mind off a love affair that just ended.

Delerium was what made Brief Lives. She is absolutely charming and hilarious, and the interactions bet
Stuart
Sandman, Vol 7: Brief Lives: Even the Endless must change
Originally posted at Fantasy Literature
After the stand-alone story collection Vol 6: Fables and Reflections, Vol 7: Brief Lives brings the focus back on Morpheus’ dysfunctional family, the Endless. For a group of avatars representing some fundamental concepts that underpin human existence (but only those that start with ‘D’), they can’t seem to get along or understand each other much of the time. So it’s no surprise they also have trouble
Char
This entry in the series was different from the others in that the entire volume was the continuation of one story-the search for the missing member of the Endless-Destruction.

We also get to see the final story of Orpheus, Dream's (Morpheus') son. It was a very sad note to end on, or was it? I felt a little bit of hopefulness that perhaps Orpheus was finally reunited with Eurydice after years of suffering.

This volume also had a nice afterword from Peter Straub that I enjoyed.

I thought this was y
Panagiotis
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ο Γκέιμαν σα να προετοιμάζει τον αναγνώστη για το τέλος. Έτσι κάπως εξέλαβα τα λόγια ένος από τους Αθανάτους, ο οποίος αποσύρθηκε γιατί ο ολοένα εξελισσόμενος κόσμος δεν έχει ανάγκη πια τα σύμβολα και τα υπαρξιακά μοτίβα που ο ίδιος και τα αδέρφια του εκπροσωπούν. Κάτι που δείχνει να μην θέλει να καταλάβει ο Άρχων των Ονείρων, αλλά ούτε κι εγώ μαζί του.

Ο τόμος αυτός είναι ποικιλλοτρόπως δραματικός, περιστρέφεται γύρω από τα θέμα της αλλαγής που διέπει την πλάση, και που έρχεται αντιμέτωπη με την
  • Lucifer, Vol. 3: A Dalliance With the Damned
  • Fables, Vol. 5: The Mean Seasons
  • Swamp Thing, Vol. 4: A Murder of Crows
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 6: Gouge Away (Transmetropolitan, #6)

The Sandman (10 books)
  • Preludes & Nocturnes (The Sandman, #1)
  • The Doll's House (The Sandman, #2)
  • Dream Country (The Sandman, #3)
  • Season of Mists (The Sandman, #4)
  • A Game of You (The Sandman, #5)
  • Fables & Reflections (The Sandman, #6)
  • World's End (The Sandman, #8)
  • The Kindly Ones (The Sandman, #9)
  • The Wake (The Sandman, #10)
“I like the stars. It's the illusion of permanence, I think. I mean, they're always flaring up and caving in and going out. But from here, I can pretend...I can pretend that things last. I can pretend that lives last longer than moments. Gods come, and gods go. Mortals flicker and flash and fade. Worlds don't last; and stars and galaxies are transient, fleeting things that twinkle like fireflies and vanish into cold and dust. But I can pretend...” 1056 likes
“You know the best thing about aeroplanes? Apart from the peanuts in the little silver bags, I mean.

It's looking out of the windows at the clouds, and thinking, maybe I could go walking in there. Maybe it's a special place where everything's okay.

Sometimes I do go walking in the clouds, but it's just cold and wet and empty. But when you look out of a plane it's a special world... and I like that.”
162 likes