Start by marking “Trouble at the Zoo (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trouble at the Zoo (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #1)

Trouble at the Zoo (Bindi Wildlife Adventures #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  95 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

A fast-paced adventure series featuring The Jungle Girl herself! The stories are inspired and co-created by Bindi Irwin, daughter of the iconic wildlife expert, Steve Irwin. The series features the characters of Bindi, her brother Robert, mother Terri, and the Australia Zoo.

Bindi's birthday party at the zoo is going to be HUGE. Karaoke, animal rides, dancing competitions-

Published February 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble at the Zoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble at the Zoo

Brenda Ayala
You go, Bindi Irwin! You and your mama and daddy are the coolest family ever!
Renee Hand

ISBN-13: 978-1402255144
112 Pages
Ages 9-12
Children’s Picture Book Wildlife Conservation

Bindi Irwin is the daughter of “The Crocodile Hunter.” She is a 12-year old Emmy-award- winning actress, TV host, and conservationist.

Reviewer: Renee Hand

Bindi’s Wildlife Adventures are a blend of adventure, travel, and wildlife conservation.

Trouble at the Zoo is a story that focuses on Bindi’s 11th birthday
Catherine
Trouble at the Zoo is a thin, quick read that will be just right for some elementary school readers. I think it will have more appeal to girls than boys because the main character is Bindi Irwin, daughter of the late crocodile hunter Steve Irwin. There are, however, boy characters including Bindi's brother, Robert. This story is fast paced with plenty af action. Pages after the story include basic facts about the animals featured in the story.
I am hoping this series will be a hit in my classro
Neely
Mindy
Feb 06, 2012 rated it liked it
This is the first in a series of books that chronicles the fictional adventures of Bindi Irwin, daughter of the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. Incorporating the message of conservation with subtle allusions to her father throughout. Fun Animal Fact Files are included at the end of the book and offer information about many of the species that make appearances in the story. We learned about the Eastern Water Dragon and the Green-Winged Macaw. My children LOVE the "Crocodile Hunter" and "Bindi ...more
Darlene Cruz
Nov 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story cute and what made it special Bindi was involved. Quick and easy read for elementary children. Zoo venturing and animal facts and lessons to be learn, all part of the story. But what I felt, Bindi's enchantment for animals, her love and appreciation. Rightfully so, she grew up surrounded by various creatures all due to her parents famous 'Crocodile Hunter' show. Glad she followed in their footsteps. I received a free book, winner Goodreads First Read Giveaway. Thank you, Darlene Cruz
Emma Homes
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bindi Irwin is a passionate advocate for wildlife, and an inspiring role model for kids who care about animals. The first book in the Bindi Wildlife Adventures series is pitched at primary school aged children who are ready for simple chapter books. Younger fans of the Jungle Girl will also enjoy 'Trouble at the Zoo' if it is read to them aloud.
Franki Ross
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think this book was a good book for children. It shows that you do not have to tattle on someone to get your point across. It also is a great way to show kids that they can start to handle situations on their own. I think it was a pretty good book and would recommend it.
Ratforcekids
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast-paced adventure series that takes place in the Australia Zoo. It features Bindi, the daughter of Steve Irwin, the Crocidile Hunter, and her mother and brother. There are exciting animal facts in every book.
Laurie
May 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute for the kiddos!
Sara
Oct 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a short book but I thought it was pretty interesting
Ed
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book for elementary kids concerning animals at the zoo. The animals that are mentioned are shown in brief description at the end of the book.
Zoe
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I like it because interesting and unexpected things happened.
Lisa
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good I love this series
Kat
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nature, kids
Cute book for kids...Bindi is adorable.
Well written and easy for an adult to read to the kids.
I won this book in a giveaway at goodreads.
Sophiadavis
Feb 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: third-grade
A great, 30 minute read. Thanks, Clare!
LeeAnn
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun little chapter book great for elementary kiddos. The girls at my elem school are going to love this series. (Now I just need to get in gear and read the rest!)
Chelsea
Heather
Jun 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Paw Thing
  • Wolf Stalker (Mysteries in Our National Parks, #1)
  • LOST! A Dog Called Bear
  • What If You Had Animal Teeth!?
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Archives: Volume 1 (Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, #1)
  • The Wonky Donkey
  • Ricky Ricotta Y El Poderoso Robot (Ricky Ricotta, #1)
  • Just a Dog
  • Tashi and the Ghosts (Tashi, #3)
  • Only One Year
  • Life in His Hands; the True Story of a Neurosurgeon and a Pianist
  • Vet Volunteers Books 1-3: Fight for Life / Homeless / Trickster
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • The No. 1 Car Spotter (No. 1 Car Spotter, #1)
  • Mascot Madness! (Schooling Around!)
  • The Josefina Story Quilt
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird but True: 1,000 Wild & Wacky Facts and Photos
  • Riding the Black Cockatoo

Bindi Wildlife Adventures (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Rescue! (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #2)
  • Bushfire! (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #3)
  • Camouflage (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #4)
  • A Whale of a Time (Bindi's Wildlife Adventures, #5)
  • Roar! (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #6)
  • Croc Capers
  • Surfing with Turtles (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #8)
  • Lost! (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #9)
  • Monkey Mayhem (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #10)
  • A Giant Rescue (Bindi Wildlife Adventures, #11)