Start by marking “Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)

Night Reigns

(Immortal Guardians #2)

Ami isn't much for trusting strangers. She has a hard time trusting anyone. But she's no coward, and she's no pushover in the protection department either. So when she comes across a mysterious warrior taking on eight deranged vampires on his own, she doesn't hesitate to save his bacon. Of course, that was before she realized what one little rescue would get her into . . . ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 393 pages
Published December 6th 2011 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Night Reigns, please sign up.
Megan Jones A curve of claw by: R. E. Butler

Fury by: Laurann Dohner

Here be sexist vampires by: Suzanne Wright

Fated by: Rebecca Zanetti
(less)

Start your review of Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
3.75 Stars

I don't know what it is about me and the books in this series...I am really enjoying them, but - for some reason - something is keeping me from thinking they are "ermagherd AWESOME" so far.

description

I don't know what it is.

I think it's that the "rules" of this world aren't as...established in my mind as I would like them to be.

Disclaimer: I am about to embark upon an explanation that will most likely make NO fucking sense.

description

But I'm gonna give it the old college try anyway.

And I tried REALLY hard in college
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 extraterrestrial stars

First read 5/2014
Reread 2/2019

God I forgot how much I enjoyed this series. I don't know what it is about this group of sexy immortals but I'm drawn to them. And it's not just one or two of them. I love them all. Dianne Duvall did a great job of writing a group of characters that are lovable and relatable. The sweetness and the action in this series is a great balance. I never feel bored, and I never feel like the romance takes a backseat to the pl
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Lara Adrian did it better.

I don't mind the direction in which it went actually, fine whatever.
But the way it was done, the explanation was really really bad.

big spoiler ahead:

(view spoiler) ...more
Shawna
4.5 stars - Paranormal Romance

How am I just now reading this? I liked this one even better than the first book, and I think I'm hooked on this series. The Immortal Guardians reminds me a little bit of Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series with some hints of Sherrilyn Kenyon, but it doesn't feel like an imitation and holds its own. And the audiobook narration by Kirsten Potter makes it even better!
Cyndi
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, safe, virgin-h
AJ
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book 2 in the Immortal Guardians series, and the action, romance, and paranormal excitement continues! This time focussing on Marcus and Ami.

I really liked Marcus in the first book of this series – Darkness Dawns. Of course he’s a badass Immortal warrior, but he’s also loyal with a big heart and a fantastic sense of humour. He lives his life on the edge – throwing himself into danger with a carefree attitude, but he keeps his emotions close.

When Ami is appointed by Seth to be Marcus’ second, Marcu
Denisa
This one was cute.

The previous book focused more on the story, this one was more about the love and romance. But it wasn't bad at all, I liked it. It kept me curious 'til the end, I really wanted to know what Ami was and the answer stunned me.
Maybe that part I didn't really like, (view spoiler)Ah well, it's a pretty nice series, it's worth giving it a try.
Jen Davis
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
With every single installment I read, I love this series even more. This is Marcus and Ami’s story. And before I get too far, I have to address the big elephant in the room. A lot of readers took issue with the reveal of who/ what Ami really is. It is kind of out there. But I started this series with book 6, so I already knew what she was, long before she told Marcus. The reveal that turned off so many readers, wasn’t a thing for me. So yeah, it is kind of weird (and that says a lot, considering ...more
Beate
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
Talk about the biggest letdown of the year. This is the one book I was anticipating the most. The one book that didn't get here soon enough. The one book I was impatiently patient for. I've had all my friends reading the first book in the series, because I believed it to be that good!

This book lived up to my expectations all the way up to where Ami tells Marcus who, or rather, what she is, which is around the 75% mark or slightly after that if I remember correctly.

(view spoiler) I know this was skirted by in the first book as a possible explanation. But I honestly did not think the author would go there. (view spoiler)

This whole thing set other issues, like the constant obsession with "big breasts", "tiny waists", "flaring hips" and "the heart of her" to the side. The little quirks that annoyed me don't matter anymore. Even with the little things, this book was sailing up to a solid 5 star. And it's the fact that I like the first 3/4ths of the book that stop me from giving it a 1 star.

Had I known from the beginning that this was where she would go, I wouldn't even have picked up the first book to begin with. It was so out of character, and did not belong anywhere in the set up of the books, that I've flounced at the 78% marker. I just can't continue to read it without wanting to throw my Kindle at something hard.

This is a book about vamps and other supernatural beings. Shifters would have been a better bet here. Or angels (which I'm guessing some of the characters really are). Even demons could have explained Ami, just not bloody (view spoiler)

I am incredibly disappointed and sad that this book went there.

Will I pick up the next book in the series? Doubtful.
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review

Cover: It’s okay.
Rating NC-17 for sexiness of it all.
Thumbs Up 4.5
Overall: Solid good read.
Characters: Love them.
Plot: Maybe not as good as the first but still excellent.
Page Turner: Yes.
Series Cont.? Yes.
Recommend Yes.
Book Boyfriend: Marcus

SUMMARY (50 word or less)

The cliffhanger at the end of the previous book left me wanting to read this book right away. And well, I think part of the anticipation which isn’t immediately gratified, caused some of the let down. But a lot of q/>/>Book/>/>/>Page/>/>/>/>/>/>
Malinda
4.5-5 stars

This was a great story. I've read the first book in the series Darkness Dawns which I loved and this book is a great addition to the series. I really liked Marcus in book #1 and was happy to get to read his book.

Ami is a nice woman with a strange/painful past. She's been separated from all she knew and ended up in a horrible situation that Seth and David (the 2 oldest Immortals) end up saving her from. It takes a while but she slowly begins to get back to herself an
Laurie Garrison
Dianne Duvall delivers another action pack romance in book two of the Immortal Guardians series. If you read book one and loved it you sure can’t miss this one.

What is Ami? That’s what we was left with in book one. In this book you get Ami dumped on Marcus as his second and you don’t get a clue about what Ami is until mid way, then things starts unwrapping about what she is. One thing about Ami is she is strong and can fight right along with an Immortal and it doesn’t take Marcus long to figure
Beth
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love this series! A perfect balance of action, romance and character developement. Definitely a book I'd read again.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
4.5 Stars

Dianne Duvall delivers scorching romance, gut-wrenching emotions, and heart-racing danger and suspense in her latest Immortal Guardian’s novel, Night Reigns!

In the first novel, Darkness Dawns, readers were left with the mystery of what exactly Ami was and what part she will play in the series as well as Marcus’s depression over the loss of the woman he loved. When Seth, the leader of the Immortal Guardians, places Ami as Marcus’ second all of our questions are slowly ans
Melindeeloo
Marcus has been grieving over a love that was never his to lose and flying solo, throwing himself headlong into deadly confrontations with vampires, until - against his objections - he is assigned a 'second', Ami. And when his plan to scared her off doesn't work, Marcus is reluctantly gaining respect for the deadly little human and finding that it is way more than nice to have someone who 'has his back' after keeping everyone at a distance for so long.

I really liked both of the leads
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου

Reread and loved it again!! The following review is from the first time I read this book and I am not going to change it!
******************

I am a huge fan of Dianne Duvall since I read the first book of the Immortal Guardians series and now, after I read “Night Reigns” the second book of the series I have to say that she is absolutely AMAZING! Although this is a paranormal romance book the plot isn’t focus only in the main couple and their romance but it has a great plot also!<
Lyndi W.
Dec 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
I feel like we're not really resolving things here.
Under the Covers Book Blog
I picked this book totally on a whim thanks to social media.  There was a new book that came out in this series recently and it made me reconsider continuing to read it.  I picked up the first book years ago when it first came out and I'll be honest it wasn't a winner in my book, as you can see by my review. But maybe I missed something?  So I ended up picking up book 2 and I couldn't remember much from the first since it was like 8 years ago!  I think the author did a good enough job at makin ...more
CC

Having just read the 1st book in the series and really feeling the main couple, this one was just not quite as good for me. I really liked both main characters. A lot. There was just something missing.

It was probably because Marcus spent quite a long time pushing Ami away (which I really do not like) and his 800 year fixation with another woman (I will not go there). But I really liked Marcus. Ami was a rock star. By far the fiercest female fighter I think I have ever read.
Mel
These Immortal Guardians are hot! With hard bodies, super fast reflexes, and the skills to protect the human race from mad vampires on killing rampages, these guardians will capture your heart. In Night Reigns, the solitary Marcus is forced to take on a second after a near death experience. Ami is the tenacious second assigned to take on Marcus. As Marcus fights against armies of vampires, Ami is determined to prove her ability and worth. As these two battle at home and in the field, sparks fly!
D
T.J. Shaw
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!

Wow! This is really turning out to be an interesting story. I didn’t see the new plot twists coming at all. I really enjoyed Marcus in the first book, DARKNESS DAWNS, so I’m glad he got top billing in NIGHT REIGNS. Ami is an intriguing heroine who I’ve rooted for from the very beginning. So glad they got their happily ever after.

What I find so fascinating about this series is the overall story that is developing throughout all the books. Ms. Duvall gives the reader just en
Dee
A spectacular follow up to the first one.......full review to follow ☺

Can't wait until October for the next one......come on Ms Duvall - please write faster :))
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

I know loads of my goodread's friends rave about this series, but i find it lacking in something and i cant pinpoint what.

It has the same kind of feel Dark-Hunter but for me not as good.

It tends to lack a bit in a back story as Seth is so secretive, finished book two and still have no clue to who or why the immortal guardians are, the same with the vampires.

I did find Ami's story interesting and a big shock i did not see coming, but so far i can
Liz F
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok, seriously, Dianne Duvall is my new favoritest of the favoritests. Nora who? Dianne Duvall puts them ALL to shame!!

Night Reigns is the second book of her Immortal Guardians series. The third one should be coming out this year so you'll only have book 1 and book 2 to tide you over. And please trust me when I tell you that two is SO not enough!!

Night Reigns focuses on Amiriska, who, if you remember from Book 1, Seth rescued from the evil government scientists who were to
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jun 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

Thanks to the excellent introduction to the world and the mythology regarding vampires and Immortals in DARKNESS DAWNS, the first book in the Immortal Guardians paranormal romance series, Dianne Duvall wasted no time launching into an equally seductive story for the sequel, NIGHT REIGNS. Both the hero and heroine had been introduced in the previous book, but newbies to the series won’t feel like they are missing out when these two meet for the first t
Melissa
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh this is another swoony read by Diane Duvall. The first was Darkness Dawns (my review linked) and really needs to be read first. This book takes place not long after the first and you are already introduced to several of the characters and their situation. In this book Marcus, a immortal guardian is paired with Ami. This is their story.

So, without spilling the beans of the first book, I will tell you I loved the characters. Marcus was grouchy at first but quickly fell into the swee
Grace
May 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this book a 4 because I am enjoying the story and it left me with enough questions that I'm eager for the next book. I like the characters, especially the hero/heroine. Hot...hot...hot.

I will admit though that I wanted to rate this book a 3 because of a reoccurring theme that Ms. Duvall is putting in these books. Apparently, Ms. Duvall is an organic-lovin', hybrid-driving, anti-crap food lover. I don't know how many times within these first 2 books that I had to hear how b
Ezinwanyi
This book was a 3.75 stars read for me.
I loved Marcus from book 1 and it featured Amy, the mystery victim from book 1.

This book occurs 1 1/2 years after Roland and Sarah got married. Marcus was being hunted by a group af organized vampires who think he is Roland. So Seth assigns him a second, Amy, to watch his back. The rest is similar to book 1. But there was the addition of a Sci-fi type nations. I liked it but I didn't get why Amy just couldn't be gifted.

I have a few
HeatherTX
An awesome read.....the story and characters are just full of emotion, action, suspense and love. The series is written in a way that just leaves you guessing at who's story is next and in what direction will the story go?! I love all the main characters and look forward to reading each of the stories and hopefully their HEA's.
Paranormal romance 3 8 Aug 17, 2017 07:45PM
Dianne Duvall's I...: Marcus and Ami 1 12 Jun 12, 2016 10:20AM

• Predatory (The Sentinels, #0.5, Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • On the Hunt (The Sentinels, #2.5; Immortal Guardians, #5.5; Underworld Detection Agency, #6.5; The Scorpius Syndrome #0.5)
  • Selkies are a Girl's Best Friend (Mystic Bayou, #3)
  • Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3)
  • Midnight Awakening (Midnight Breed, #3)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Untamed Highlander (Dark Sword, #4)
  • Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4)
  • Damien (Nightwalkers, #4)
  • Shadow Highlander (Dark Sword, #5)
  • Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2)
  • Forbidden Highlander (Dark Sword, #2)
  • Darkest Highlander (Dark Sword, #6)
  • Wicked Highlander (Dark Sword, #3)
  • Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5)
  • Dangerous Highlander (Dark Sword, #1)

Dianne Duvall is the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author of the Immortal Guardians and The Gifted Ones series. Reviewers have called Dianne's books "fast-paced and humorous" (Publishers Weekly), "utterly addictive" (RT Book Reviews), "extraordinary" (Long and Short Reviews), and "wonderfully imaginative" (The Romance Reviews). Her books have twice been nominated for RT Reviewers' Choice Awards and are routinely deemed Top Pic(RT(Publishers

Immortal Guardians (9 books)
  • Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1)
  • Phantom Shadows (Immortal Guardians, #3)
  • Darkness Rises (Immortal Guardians, #4)
  • Night Unbound (Immortal Guardians, #5)
  • Shadows Strike (Immortal Guardians, #6)
  • Blade of Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #7)
  • Awaken the Darkness (Immortal Guardians #8)
  • Death of Darkness  (Immortal Guardians, #9)
“You’re apologizing? Seriously, what happened to you? Have you been taken over by a pod person?” 21 likes
“Growling, Marcus put all of his strength behind his next swing, deflecting the blow meant to sever his head and snapping Roy's blade in two.

Dumb ass. That's what happened when you puchased weapons off of cable shopping networks.”
17 likes