Start by marking “I Ain't Scared of You: Bernie Mac on How Life Is” as Want to Read:
I Ain't Scared of You: Bernie Mac on How Life Is

I Ain't Scared of You: Bernie Mac on How Life Is

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  101 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Bernie Mac -- the star of Fox's The Bernie Mac Show, winner of the prestigious Peabody Award -- is more popular than ever. The Chicago-bred performer and royal king of the Original Kings of Comedy has won over countless fans of cutting comedy and family humor with an edgy show that tells it like it is but never loses heart. No surprise, Mac has earned a reputation as perha ...more
Published May 1st 2003 by MTV Books (first published October 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about I Ain't Scared of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Ain't Scared of You

That70sheidi
Mixed feelings on this one, mainly because the book needs an editor so so so damn badly. It's basically several shows worth of comedy, but in little bites that don't string together - they jump from subject to subject, then suddenly you're back at a premise from six pages ago. Such a shame.

One good example is that he mentions a followup to a routine that we haven't seen in the book yet (Milk and Cookies) and what happened to his nieces and nephews. If you're not familiar with what he's talking
Eric
Aug 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
God Bless him and rest in piece. Thank you for your contributions to comedy and making us laugh til we can't breathe. This is hands down the funniest book that I have ever read. Bernie Mac tells it to you straight in this no holds barred collection of Bernie's life experiences on his way to the top. The book had me laughing out loud several times. I was embarrassed to read it while out in public. You will look like you are crazy laughing to yourself . It should be labeled "Warning: Read Indoors" ...more
Ana
Jan 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Any fan or anyone else who has had a hard life growing up w/an ethnic family will embrace this book! Bernie Mac lays it down, and that ain't no bull! He tells about how soft kids are nowadays due to lack of discipline, the truth of how a family reacts to a celebrity, life on the streets in the city of Chicago along with how he's had to cope with the death of various family members, including his mother. This book if funny, silly, sad, touching and overall an amazing and easy read.
Javonny
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really funny. I enjoyed this book from the beginning all the way to the end. Bernie Mac talks about his childhood and his career as a comedian and an entertainer. This book is not just funny but there are parts where you can relate to in reality. If you like to laugh and like a story with a moral then you will love this book.
Ricki Certain
Aug 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
I agree with some of the other posters - book is a little erratic and it's basically just a bunch of stand-up routines stuck together. However, I laughed so hard at most of it that I didn't care. If you can, get the audiobook. Listening to the stories in Bernie's own voice was the best part of it.
Michelle (Champ)
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I listened to Bernie himself read this to me. I loved it. I have always liked his voice and think he is pretty funny.

He had a rough childhood but knew from when he was young that he would make people laugh.

Enjoyable!
Chris Hunt
I would have rated this a four but for the bad language. Otherwise this was very good and very funny. I laughed out loud more than a couple times.
Shà
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
this was a very good read. I always enjoyed Bernie mac he was always so funny to me. I miss him very much though. damn he turned out to be alright though.
Chelsea
Sep 15, 2011
Tiffany
May 05, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bernard Jeffrey McCullough, better known by the stage name Bernie Mac, was an American actor and comedian. Born and raised on the South Side of Chicago, Mac gained popularity as a stand-up comedian. He joined comedians Steve Harvey, Cedric the Entertainer and D.L. Hughley as The Original Kings of Comedy.

After briefly hosting the HBO show Midnight Mac, Mac appeared in several movies in smaller role
More about Bernie Mac...