Start by marking “Wayward Soul” as Want to Read:
Wayward Soul

Wayward Soul

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When Zanna Seoul accidentally causes the death of a fellow spirit guide’s charge while trying to save the life of the man she loves, she is stripped of her position and banished to Earth to die. In the spirit world, one doesn’t mess with what’s written. With Zanna no longer guiding him and his memory of her erased, Owen Nash is left wide open as the target of the vengeful ...more
Published February 15th 2011 by Astraea Press (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wayward Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wayward Soul

Ronda  Tutt
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Free Will Conquers All!

Free will at its best in this cute short story! Zanna who is the human Owen’s spirit guide has crossed the line of interference when she realizes she has fallen in love with Owen and tries to keep him alive one more day.

However, when free will is taken away from someone, other consequences affect the others around them which usually end up disastrous especially when Zanna’s rival Logan the were-wolf has anything to do with it.

The story was captivating from the very first
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by Rabid Reads

This novella covers a lot of ground considering that it's only a few pages shy of 60. I found the first chapter or so to be a little confusing when the author is explaining spirit guides, sentinels and guardians. Too much information is crammed into too few pages for me to have been able to properly grasp the world that Kim Bowman was trying to create. However, after I pushed through the introduction the story took a turn for the better. The rest of this novella is fast-pa
Katrina
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Zanna Seoul is a spirit guide,2000 years old now living her life with Owen, her charge,- whom she has fallen madly in love with. Zanna knows this alone is forbidden to show her true self, but love does things to the heart and the mind. Owen's life is mapped out and he is destined to die. Zanna does not want to believe his life charts have come to an end and she interferes causing havoc amongst, other spirit guides and their charges and Zanna is sentenced to die.

Jakeb, a vengeful spirit guide -
Andrea Guy
It is often hard to create a story with good character development and resolution in just 57 pages, but Kim Bowman does just that with Wayward Soul.

This story jumps into action with the first word and it really doesn't stop until you've reached the last word. The plot is a different twist on the paranormal. Zanna is a spirit guide. Owen is a mortal enforcement officer. Jakob is a werewolf and also a sort of spirit guide.

Think that might make things confusing?

Not really.

What this short story does
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
That was a small book that also ended fast.

Kim Bowman's writing had some really good descriptions if you keep in mind that book was only 57 pages. They were the exact amount of it was necessary for you to know. There times of course i had questions of Zanna's World but they didn't have anything to do with the story. Just my curiosity. The action scenes were really good! They were the best part of the story (even more than the story itself which was really interesting). I could really feel them l
Sarai
Apr 14, 2011 rated it liked it
THOUGHTS/OPINION:

Okay keep in mind this book is literally 57 pages. But in that 57 pages you learn of a culture, a world that didn’t exist, punishment if you break the laws, love and a couple of near death experiences that make it all somehow a very interesting yet quick read. Seriously I actually enjoyed it.

I liked the world that was lightly touched on. It had just enough that I grasped what was occurring but didn’t overload me where the story got lost.

The characters were fleshed out as well as
Donna (BLHmistress)
Apr 10, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a short novella about a girl who falls in love with her Charge and the consequences of falling in love. Considering it was such a short story everything in the story flowed well, and tied up nicely at the end.

I did like this book, my only problem was I just wish there was or had been more back story for Zanna and Owen.

Would I recommend Yes, if you like a quick read with lots of action and a dash of romance this is for you.

Rating: 3.5 feathers out of 5
Felicia Rogers
Mar 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was very good. It was a quick, clean read and I throughly enjoyed it.
ѦѺ™
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
How much truth can a spirit bear, how much truth can a spirit dare? - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zanna Seoul is a spirit guide and has broken all the rules. first, she falls in love with her human charge Owen Nash. second, she interferes with Owen's life chart to prevent his death. third, as a consequence of her actions, a fellow spirit guide's charge dies instead of Owen. as payment for her wrongdoings, she is banished to earth in mortal form and any memory Owen has of her is erased from his mind.
vowi
Lindsay Paige
Apr 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Title Thoughts: I think it fits the book well.

Cover Thoughts: Really fits the book.

WARNINGS: Fast paced.

For this to only be 57 pages, Bowman did a really good job. She told you what you needed to know about Zanna and her world. She did a fantastic job with writing and allowing what she wrote to play in your head like a movie. The action scenes were great and really allowed you to visualize what was happening. Bowman definitely knows how to hook a reader too.

Even though it is short, I still found
J.
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
This is a tightly crafted romantic suspense novella with good characterization and a unique perspective on the paranormal. Don’t expect subplots or much subtlety; the pace starts off at a trot and picks up to a gallop within pages, holding that speed effortlessly and barely giving the reader a chance to breathe. In some spots, there’s no place to pause or set the book aside; it’s that tight.

Sometimes it’s too tight. Kim Bowman’s writing here provides little scene-setting and less detailing. (Som
Englishrose
This book was fast-paced and very complex. I understand what the author was going for and it is a good idea for a plot, but there was never enough time to get into anything. There was too much background and information to get across, that the story got swallowed up. I would have liked to see more description, action, thought process, etc. There was no personal growth on anyone's part and the setting of spirit guides, lycans and sentinels was so complicated that you got lost. I would love this b ...more
Maura
Felicia Rogers
Mar 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. Quick read. Not my usual genre, but I enjoyed the plot and the way the author told the story. The only bad part--it went by WAY too fast!
Pamela
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
This book had an interesting premise. It had suspense and a bit of romance and a crazy werewolf. And while the story was good I just felt that it was a rushed. I wish it had been longer, I guess.
Marcia Albury
Aug 30, 2011
Laura Mcquillen
Mar 01, 2011
Diana
rated it did not like it
May 12, 2013
Monica Brooks
Oct 15, 2015
Astraea Press
May 27, 2011
Katrina
Jul 13, 2011
If you ask my husband, he'd say I spend my days emailing my cyber best friend and writing partner, Kay Springsteen, drinking soda, and eating white chocolate. And while that might be true, I also chase our four-year-old son Cage around, think about the housework I should be doing, and brainstorm my next favorite book. I’ve had the writing bug since I was a teenager and am happy to now live my drea ...more
More about Kim Bowman