Start by marking “A Place To Run (The Making of a Man, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Place To Run (The Making of a Man, #2)

A Place To Run

(The Making of a Man #2)

School’s out and Alex is home, but things aren’t going as smoothly as he hoped. Jared is hesitant about advancing their relationship and fixated on the fact that Alex’s mother doesn’t know he’s gay. When she discovers the truth, her extreme reaction drives Alex back to school early.

Jared is stunned. Motivated by his need to protect Alex, Jared begins to question the wisdo
Published March 12th 2011 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Place To Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Place To Run

Start your review of A Place To Run (The Making of a Man, #2)
Shile

This series is so good. I loved it!

description
Susan
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it

3.5 strong stars...

There is really nothing new or original about this story. We've experienced the hateful, bigoted parent before. We've read about the hurt boy kicked out of his home because he was gay before. We've been told the story of one man walking away because he didn't feel he was good enough for the other before.

BUT...this is JARED AND ALEX! And really, that's all that matters. Jared and his rock-solid integrity and deep devotion to Alex. Alex and his youthful passion and joy in lovin
Bev
Yet another Diane Adams keeper

This was another novella-type novel, and for me, this was much better than it's prequel, as there were lots of tender touches and kisses in it.

Of course, the worst character in the book finally brought her 'I'm going to throw all my things out of the pram' moment to the series, and well, what can you say?? I know there are women like that out there, but stay away from me you stupid and ignorant bitches!!

I have downloaded the rest of the series, and can only wait wi
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I Loved this book.

It was great seeing Jared and Alex again; I am already anxiously awaiting the next one. It is hard to review it with out spoiling part of the story so I will just say I loved it and would recommend it to anyone that loves a great M/M Romance.

I love these characters and how well developed they are, they feel real to me and it is easy to connect with them. I will miss them waiting until July for their next book
Barbara➰
Again, we go from Present to past as Jared, now 21 and Alex, 17, deal with separation and a homophobic mother. Jared is trying to do the right thing for Alex and let him grow up. But their love for each other never wavers. This is such a sweet series. You can just tell these two are meant to be and will make it through each trial that is set before them.
Deeze
The second book as good as the first. In this one we get to see a little more into Jared's life. The hints of things to be explored. We also get a detailed introduction to Alex's mum. (view spoiler) ...more
Macky
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Its official Im in love with this series and all involved except for Alex's mum who I would personally lie to do permanent damage to. Thank god for Frank his lovely dad and of course the ever patient and loving Jared who is still trying to keep his feelings under wraps because hes worrying about their age difference. When the horrible mother throws a major thrombie after finding out about Alex and Jared circumstances arise that puts their relationship under pressure and Alex runs back to school. ...more
Susan65
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
This series is absolutely stunning. I love Alex and Jared. Alex's mother needs to find the nearest bridge and jump off it. Can't wait to read book 3. Now that Alex is older I'll be looking for the fun to start. Can't wait.

On a side note. My son's name is Alex, he is 15 with curly brown hair born on 3-14. Just a coincidense but it made me smile.
Ami
Feb 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
The sequel to Our December takes place in an important (early) event of Alex and Jared's more than a decade relationship: when Alex's mother finally finds out about him being gay. Just like the first book, it opens with Alex and Jared, fourteen years later (since their first meeting), having tender morning sex. Then there is a story about a chair, that plays some sort of integral part to Alex's mom finding out ...

It's another beautifully written story. Again, I love how this story flips from the
Don Bradshaw
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: coming-out, romance
Diane Adams has a definite winner on her hands with this installment in her The Making of a Man series. The story begins and ends much like the last book did with Jared and Alex in the present day. The segue back to their younger days flowed beautifully. I think Ms Adams managed to hit every emotion in this time. The questions that were left open in Our December were closed with a surgeon's precision. The pain inflicted by Alex's mother made me very grateful for the ease with which my parents a ...more
MsMiz (Tina)
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
There is nothing not to love about Jared and Alex. They both needed to grow in this book, even if it was hard to read through in parts. Alex's mom needs someone to hit her in the head - bitch is too nice a term for her and Frank needs to give her some sense.

I could honestly read about Alex and Jared for a long time. So Diane, when do we get the story of their first time?
Rachel Emily
Well, once I started reading, I couldn't put my Kindle down and go to sleep, so I just finished it and man! I loved it! It was a great follow up to her first book...I Continue to love Alex and Jared and how PERFECT they are for each other, and the conflicts that they have to face together. Like the first book, this flips between present and past, and I really like how everything relates to each other from beginning to the end of the story. I don't want to say too much to ruin it for anyone who h ...more
LauraSt
Jan 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
5 SWOON WORTHY SWEET AND WONDERFUL STARS!

Oh god I loved this so freaking much!
I'm in love with Alex and Jared forever and ever.

I liked that this time the characters were more mature and the transition of the relationship is so sweet and heartfelt.

Also, Clark is freaking great and the intro of Steph is a nice change. Loved it!

Stephen Osborne
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Reading A Place to Run is like coming home to visit old and beloved friends. Jared and Alex and such a great couple, and in Diane Adams' writing you feel like they are real people, flesh and blood creations. To say I'm looking forward to more Alex and Jared would be an understatement!
L-D
Alex is at the prep school and misses Jared terribly. This book is a continuation of Alex and Jared's burgeoning relationship and the years that Jared waits for Alex to come of age. There are also some trials, such as Alex inadvertently coming out to his mother. While Jared is still careful to retain a respectful distance with Alex, he is only a man, not a saint.
Candice
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked the continuation of the story of Jared and Alex and getting to see more of their relationship. I just wish that it wasn't so short and it would have moved forward more, but enjoyed it as much as the first one. I felt bad to how Alex' mom treated him.
SusieQ
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
Totally loving this series! So very realistic. The flashbacks give an extra edge but the story of Alex & Jared falling in love is sweet as can be! Can't wait for the next story ...more
Nikki
I really enjoyed this follow up to Our December which picks up on Alex and Jared's relationship when Alex comes home from school and has to deal with his mum's reaction to finding out that her son is gay.

I think Diane handled Alex coming out to his mum very sensitively as well as the issues with Alex still being very young and not ready for the physical side of a relationship with Jared.

I get the feeling this series will just get better and better and I can't wait for the next instalment in thei
Shirley Frances
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shirley by: Deeze
Shelves: mm-read, mm-series, 2012
Another great addition to Jared and Alex's love story. I liked this one as much as the first one. It showed Jared's vulnerability and his love for Alex. It also shows Alex's stubbornness and his believe in their relationship. All the characters were amazing. I loved the banter in the dialog, the humor and all the conflicted emotions (which I'm a sucker for, I admit). And of course, I wanted to smack Alex's mother every time she spoke! In other words, another great read!
Cori
Feb 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Loved seeing more into these guys' relationship. Alex had a lot to deal with in this one - I'm excited to keep reading how they each grow individually and together.
Anke
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I should have started this series after the release of the last book. I hate waiting!
Craig Sharp
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Place To Run is the second short story in (The Making of a Man) series. Diane’s skill of writing, command of language and since of emotion for her characters makes for great reading.
Icedave
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Karlijn
Off to the next book. Will review all the books together at the end.
Shelby
Sugary sweet with just enough angst to keep it interesting. It's been awhile since I read the first book in this series, but I dived right back in to this next installment. I appreciated the fact that Alex is getting a little older so this feels a little less juvenile. Jared is still determined to be the good man in the scenario and protect Alex even from himself. Family is definitely an issue in this story. There's a lot of growing up here and it moves Jared and Alex's relationship along in lea ...more
Leigh
May 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Review also posted at Under the Covers Book Blog

Adams has done it again! The second book in The Making of a Man series, A PLACE TO RUN, was another amazing story of the beautiful love shared between Jared and Alex.

Just like OUR DECEMBER, Adams begins A PLACE TO RUN with a glimpse of Jared and Alex in present day, enjoying each other’s company, playfully teasing each other, and still experiencing the passion, desire, and love that was so evident throughout the first book. Before long, though, Ada
Lichen Craig
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
There are so many good things to say about this book. It is a page-turner, and well-written - both are also true of the first book in this sweet series.

Once again, Ms. Adams shines in characterization. Her characters jump from the pages and come alive. They are a pleasure to read, and the reader misses them when the book ends.

A few technical issues with the author's writing makes her difficult to follow at times. For example, she tends to change character point of view in the middle of the para
Sharon
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I reviewed the first 3 books in this series together

These are all novellas, and we all know how I feel about those: a wonderful medium for a quick yet satisfying read. The Making of a Man series is a beautifully sweet, warm and fuzzy love story that spans 14 years. It is about making the right choices even though it hurts and that love is worth waiting and fighting for.

This is the story of Jared and Alex. Jared is only five years older than Alex, but when they first met Alex was only 15. Jared
Beck
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a review of the series.

The books in this series are completely co-dependent. None of them are a stand-alone title which means that you will probably feel compelled to purchase the entire series. This is one of my pet peeves. At $4.39 per book, the price is quite steep for the word count. I can read 4 books from this series in one day.

I became emotionally invested in the characters Jared & Alex. Despite the fact that the story was a bit twee & some of the supporting characters a tad clich
Becky Condit
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Part 2 of the trilogy, Making of a Man. Patience, patience, patience. Alex is off to college while Jared continues to support his extended family. Jared makes a bad decision, which could cost them their future, except for the fact that we already know they are still together 14 years later since the whole story is told in flashback. Still, the details are unknown and the tension is heavy. It isn't all solemn and dark. There is plenty of humor. You will never again look at the owner of an oversiz ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Just a Bit Obsessed (Straight Guys #2)
  • That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
  • Five Dares
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • I'll Always Miss You
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • The Arcane Heart (Thrall Prince, #3)
  • Prince for Sale (Thrall Prince #1)
  • The Prince's Fate (Thrall Prince #2)
  • A Boy Worth Knowing
  • Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
  • Just a Bit Shameless (Straight Guys, #8)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Just a Bit Ruthless (Straight Guys, #6)
  • Just a Bit Unhealthy (Straight Guys #3)
  • A Second Harvest (Men of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Revelation (The Protectors, #7)
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)

The Making of a Man (6 books)
  • Our December (The Making of a Man #1)
  • Stronger In Your Hands (The Making of a Man #3)
  • Clark's Story (The Making of a Man, #4)
  • If the Stars Fall (The Making of a Man, #5)
  • A Home For Christmas (The Making of a Man #6)