Start by marking “Call Me Irresistible” as Want to Read:
Call Me Irresistible

Call Me Irresistible (Wynette, Texas #5)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  17,681 Ratings  ·  1,333 Reviews

R.S.V.P. to the most riotous wedding of the year!

Lucy Jorik's the daughter of a former U.S. president.
Meg Koranda's the offspring of legends.
One of them is about to marry Mr. Irresistible—Ted Beaudine—the favorite son of Wynette, Texas.
The other is determined to save her friend from a mess of heartache.

Meg knows breaking up her best friend's wedding is the right

Published August 30th 2011 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published December 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Call Me Irresistible, please sign up.

Leila bibliofagos Yes! Although, there are characters from previous books, the relationships between everyone are explained thoroughly. Enjoy! I read this novel without…moreYes! Although, there are characters from previous books, the relationships between everyone are explained thoroughly. Enjoy! I read this novel without reading the previous five and I enjoyed it immensely.(less)

Ana
'This is America. We're entitled to our opinions.'
'Wrong. This is Texas. And my opinion is the only one that counts.'

photo 0 call me irresistible_zpsiywkto47.jpg

What happens when the most perfect man in the world meets the most imperfect woman? A great story, that's what.

photo b9387edec493fdb9fa5700399277c74a_zpsnkavo7nr.jpg

Re-reading my favorite books, especially series books, is like visiting old friends. Some books are better the fifth time around.

I remember walking into a bookstore, seeing This Heart of Mine, opening it, and thinking, 'I will love this book.' It was there that I
♥Sharon♥
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

You all must think I am a bit crazy reading one SEP book after another but what can I say. Susan Elizabeth Philips just does it for me. Her writing is a bit whimsical and her stories never fail to make me happy. Right from the beginning I always lose myself in the story, fall in love with the characters and all that is going on around them and as I emerge at the end, I always have a stupid grin on my face.

Call me Irresistible was no different. I. LOVED. IT!

This is Meg Coranda and Ted Beaudine’s
Karen
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
5 STARS

I’m going to make this short and sweet. SENSATIONAL. Pure SEP gold… as I’ve come to expect it now. I have yet to give her less than full marks on any of her books.

This one takes us back to good ole Wynette, Texas, and all of the folks that go along with it.
And yes… the one and only…

Ted Beaudine. The devastatingly handsome only son and boy genius of the world famous golf champion, Dallas Beaudine and his equally famous and exquisitely beautiful wife, Francesca Day Beaudine. This guy is p
Flannery
Nov 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who have already read lots of SEP books
Recommended to Flannery by: My addiction
I had book club on Saturday and we talked about the different types of readers and how what you read affects your ratings and reviews on Goodreads. If you are a heavy enough GR user, you know who the people are in every group— It’s funny to read the reviews of romance books that primarily lit fic readers write. It’s also funny to read the reviews of, well, more complicated reads done by people who do not usually venture into those realms. That’s why I am a fan of Vinaya’s “comparative 5 stars” s ...more
Mo
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Did a quick re-read in preparation for the next book of the series. Did I like it again the second time around? Yes, I did. It was great. She sure is a talented author. She is one author I would love to meet actually. I think she would be great fun. Her sense of humour seems to come through in her writing.

Her voice gained strength with the rightness of what she was doing. “You all know what I mean. The way the birds start to sing when he walks outside. That’s creepy, right? And those halos that
Jae
I can't believe I gave 1 star to SEP's book.... But this book deserved only that.

The story line was so petty about the town folks who all were in love with Ted and hated Meg instantly when she supposedly broke his wedding. And they hadn't any qualm at all in pushing Meg into Spence's arms just so that they can have their golf resorts. And the story just kept revolving around the golf resort thing...

The characters were all very annoying and I hated them all. The town people were pretentious, Meg
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
5 Irresistible Stars!!

There is something to be said about reading a Susan Elizabeth Phillips's book that just get to me every single time. I don't know whether it's the humor, the witty dialogue, or the way you have to suspend reality and just immerse yourself in the story and get out of it feeling lighter with a goofy grin on your face. That's exactly how I felt after reading this book.

On paper, this is as far away from "realistic romance" as you can get. Not everyone happens to be the child o
Jane Stewart
4 stars. Very enjoyable. I didn’t want to stop reading. Fun escape.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
The author used a similar plot in several books. Heroine is down on her luck, in an unfriendly place, abandoned by family/friends, has no money. The locals bully, despise and/or humiliate her. She suffers, discovers things about herself, becomes responsible/successful, and finds love. If a reader complains that they’ve read this before, I say “Who cares. It’s a fun story and she does it well.”

The first time I
Ellie
*Swoon*

What an amazing ending. And by that I mean specifically the last 4 sentences.

5 stars for this one because I couldn't put it down and I really became consumed by the story.

It's been a long time since I've read a great book like this. SEP's better books are charming and hilarious but also a bit heart breaking. The storylines are dense and the characters are multi-dimensional, often making them annoying at times.

This was one of SEP's better books. And I haven't read one of her better books
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

Top form SEP writing about what I think she writes best: opposites attract.
A runaway bride-to-be brings Wynette's golden boy and role model Ted Beaudine and bohemian outsider Meg Koranda together in a whirlwind of unexpected attraction, golf and small town intrigues.
Just one complaint, taking away a full star though, the fact that, unlike what usually happens in her books, Ted's pov is totally absent until the very final chapters and his actions and motivations annoyingly appear to always come
It's a Wynette, Texas series reunion!!!!

Call Me Irresistible is the sixth installment in Susan Elizabeth Phillips's adult contemporary romance series titled Wynette, Texas. While this installment is its very own story, it features many characters from the other books in the series. I found these additions to be an unexpected but extremely entertaining treat.

Call Me Irresistible was a fun but somewhat complicated story about the woes of finding Mr. Irresistible. Our heroine Meg quickly learns th
Jill

Lucy Jorik is getting married. To the most irresistible man in the world, Ted Beaudine. Meg Koranda, Lucy's best friend and bridesmaid is certain Lucy is doing the wrong thing. In Meg's opinion these two perfect people are not meant for each other. Caring for Lucy as she does, she advises her not to marry Ted. And Lucy agrees. She's known for a while that maybe Ted and her are not meant to be. So when Lucy finally pulls out of the wedding - at the church - the people of the small town of Wynette
Lynsey A
I loved this book! This felt like the SEP I love as I read this book. It reminded of such good books like To Kiss An Angel and Nobody's Baby But Mine. (There wasn't any side love story in this and I'm okay with that).

I read this book in one day and did not want to put it down. Ted and Meg were both great characters. Meg had it rough at the beginning of this one but I liked how she took control of her life. I wasn't so sure about Ted in the beginning. He treated Meg kinda rough at first. Although
Sarah MacLean
Perfect, perfect SEP. Funny, emotional, sexy...with a terrific, quirky heroine and a hero who wouldn't be right for anyone but her. I loved it.
Veeta
Sophie ♥
Darcy
This author is an auto read to me, so often times I don't know what the book is going to be about as I don't read the blurb because it really doesn't matter as I will read it. But then I was chatting with some of my GR friends about this, all of us anticipating this book. At this point I thought, huh, maybe I should check out what this one will be about. After reading the blurb, I expected to hate this one.

I really loved the idea of Ted and Lucy together. They are some of my favorite characters
Elizabeth Scott
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How have I not heard of Susan Elizabeth Phillips? HOW????

My husband bought this for me at Target instead of another book I'd asked for, but I didn't say anything because he's so awesome and does like a million things for me all the time.

I looked at the cover one day, a few weeks after he bought it, thought it was cute, and read the inside jacket flap. I was a little wary because it seemed like I'd have to know all about the characters from other books of Phillips' that I hadn't read, but the b
Crista
As a devout SEP fan, I'm not always that objective about her work. With that disclaimer out there....I really liked Call Me Irresistible. The book is rated 4 stars because she has written some of my all time favorites (Kiss an Angel, Heaven, Texas, Glitter Baby and Nobody's Baby but Mine) which set the bar for my *5* stars. Call Me Irresistible wasn't quite up to par with my fav's, but it is definitely SEP and therefore COMPLETELY worth your time.

Here's what I loved:
1. This was like a huge reuni
Maria
Feb 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
one of the best books i've read from SEP. read it in less than a day! so love Meg. I hate Lady Emma, Torie and the rest of Wynette here. am definitely going to read this again. and again. and again. haha. S.I.Z.Z.L.I.N.G H.O.T.

*****

Amazing read! except for those times (which is a lot) when the whole town was ganging up on Meg just because they can (and they will!), it was really enjoyable.

Story:

somewhat hollywood-y to me. but it worked its charm. hooking up with your best friend’s ex-fiancee aft
Judi
I love it when you read a book and it makes you experience a vast array of emotions - smile, laugh, cry, embarrassment for the characters, even to a small degree hate them, but by the time the final page is read, you need to see the main characters get their HEA. Any book that can wring all those emotions out of me gets the 5 star review.

Meg Koranda ventures to Wynette Texas for the wedding of her best friend Luck Jorik to Ted Beaudine. It doesn’t take long for Meg to stir things up, but really
Natalia815
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sep
45 estrellas.

"Llámame irresistible" es el libro que más me ha gustado y enfadado a partes iguales. Me explico. Durante toda la lectura he deseado con todo mi corazón que les pasasen cosas horribles a los habitantes de Wynette, llegando a la conclusión de que será feliz si los castrasen químicamente y así no puedan maltratar a las próximas generaciones. Desde luego estos personajes han dado vidilla al libro, pero me ponían de muy mala leche.

Ahora vamos con los protagonistas. En la primera parte
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Oct 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Bruce Willis
Recommended to Anzu by: Buddy read with Dija <3
Call Me Irresistible will be the best book in the Wynette, Texas series. Ted is amazing, I love him and it will ROCK! It will rock so hard the planet will shake, craters will appear everywhere and swallow all those people who hate this book. Craters will cleanse all the urban areas out there so that more trees will grow and we can have more paper in order to print more Call Me Irresistible books! And we will create a religion that reads this book non-stop. We will explore Mars (more thoroughly, ...more
Adwina Ralston Cumberbatch
FlibBityFLooB
Important note for those who are going to read this: I highly recommend reading the following books before you read this since there are so many cross over characters and backstory - First Lady by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Fancy Pants by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Glitter Baby by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

As with most SEP books, I really loved the honest/raw emotions between the characters. I loved the animosity at times. It was a token SEP storyline. The plot was predictable, but still immensely enjoyable to read. I laughed. I cried. The only thing that would have made it better for me would have been if th
Holly
Feb 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a Susan Elizabeth Phillips fan than this book is a MUST!!

It has been so long since I started reading her books that I found it absolutely wonderful to go back and visit past characters. It was like a fun family reunion in Wynette Texas! LOL We get to see Francie & Dallie Beaudine from Lady be Good and Cornelia & Mat Jorik from First Lady and Fluer Savagar & Jake Koranda from Glitter Baby!! Their kids are all grown up now and causing all kinds of trouble of their own in the
Yuli Atta
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have a certain kind of weakness for Susan Elizabeth Philips' books. They are exactly what I like and what I want in these kinds of books and Call Me Irresistible is no exception.
It is a wonderful book, a very quick read and it left me with so many good feelings as every time I read SEP's books happens.
I loooove it! I just hope that soon I'd get the book about Lucy :3
KarenH
I enjoyed this book because I enjoy SEP's sense of humor and how she can take two people who are total opposites and make their relationship work so well. However, I had two problems with this book:

***SPOILER***
1 - I didn't care for the heroine, Meg Koranda, at all. She meets her best friend Lucy's fiance, Ted, at the wedding rehearsal...is totally rude to him and then basically works on the niggling doubt Lucy supposedly has about marrying him and convinces Lucy not to go through with it. Funny
Anica
Oct 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, favorites
LOVE!!!
Seriously, this book is everything what I love about SEP! *sigh*

I have to say I wasn't that thrilled when I first found out that this book was of Ted and Meg. And Lucy. I dunno it just sounded not that interesting. Oh man, I was so wrong. I practically inhaled all the pages, I just couldn't put it away. ;) I mean the beginning is a bit hard to get into but as soon as Meg and Ted interact together, the story gets interesting.

What I love about SEP is her fab writing style. Funny, witty dial
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Favorite Quote:
“This is America. We’re entitled to our opinions.”
“Wrong. This is Texas. And my opinion is the only one that counts.”

No real spoilers here but quite a few of my favorite quotes.

Call Me Irresistible is Ted Beaudine’s book. Ted (Fancy Pants & Lady Be Good) is all grown up and the ultimate catch. Good looks, money, famous parents, and a high IQ. Ted is getting married to Lucy Jorik (First Lady). But Lucy’s best friend, Meg Koranda (Glitter Baby & What I Did For Love) doesn’t
  • Any Man of Mine (Chinooks Hockey Team, #6)
  • A Lot like Love (FBI/US Attorney, #2)
  • My One and Only
  • Lead Me On (Tumble Creek, #3)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Be My Baby
  • Tall Tales and Wedding Veils (Playboys, #2)
  • Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3)
SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS

Susan Elizabeth Phillips is an international bestseller whose books have been published in over 30 languages. She’s the only four-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Favorite Book of the Year Award, and a recipient of their Lifetime Achievement Award. Among her other accomplishments, Susan created the sports romance.

Susan's newest book, FIRST STAR
More about Susan Elizabeth Phillips...

Wynette, Texas (5 books)
  • Fancy Pants (Wynette, Texas, #1)
  • Lady Be Good (Wynette, Texas #2)
  • What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas #4)
  • The Great Escape (Wynette, Texas #6)

“This is America. We’re entitled to our opinions.”
“Wrong. This is Texas. And my opinion is the only one that counts.”
124 likes
“I love you, Meg. I want to
marry you. I want to sleep with you every night, make love with you, have kids. I want to fight together and
work together and—just be together. Now are you going to keep standing there, staring at me, or could
you put me out of my misery and say you still love me, at least a little?”
69 likes