Start by marking “Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet” as Want to Read:
Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet

Watchlist: Part II: The Copper Bracelet (Harold Middleton #2)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  591 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews

Watchlist Part II:The Copper Bracelet,brings you the second part of a powerful thriller from 22 best selling writers along with many compelling videos all wrapped into one suspenseful package. The Copper Bracelet is a collaboration of some of the world's greatest thriller writers, including Lee Child, Joseph Finder, Lisa Scottoline, and Jeffery Deaver, who conceived the ch

Kindle Edition, with Audio/Video, 416 pages
Published January 25th 2011 by Vook (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Watchlist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watchlist

Melenia
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, but not as much as I loved the first one. The concept works pretty well for them, but I didn't enjoy some of the character changes.
Darcey Hawkins
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t think I was a fan of spy drama (or whatever it’s called). It took me a bit to engage but I’m glad I did. It’s a good read.
Samyann
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Chopin Manuscript - multiple authors. Released in 2007, 7.5 hours of listening. Harry Middleton and the “Volunteers” are introduced in a mystery involving a newly discovered Chopin manuscript. The ‘Volunteers’ is a small group of clandestine good-guys that goes after bad-guys with the aid of alphabet soup named organizations across the world.

The Copper Bracelet - multiple authors. Released in 2009, 8.5 hours in length. A story that starts with a bang: an exploding cell phone and laptop at a
Chris
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed first at Brunner's Bookshelf

This is amazing for the simple reason that this was written by 16 different authors. This is the sequel to The Chopin Manuscript bringing Harold Middleton back for another adventure. The Chopin Manuscript was originally a serial audio book. Every week there was a new chapter written by a different author. My favorite author, Jeffery Deaver, Wrote the first chapter in that one and this book setting the story. After he set every thing up each author wrote the n
Ashima Jain
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Copper Bracelet is a brilliantly written sequel to The Chopin Manuscript which takes the Volunteers all across the globe in an effort to stop what could clearly be the beginning of World War III.
The plot has a multi layered structure which, combined with its inspiration from real events in North India, keeps you hooked. I particularly enjoyed how the lead characters return in the sequel to play even more dangerous roles.
Alfred Molina's narration is superb. His voice enactment of the variet
Stellina
Interessante l’esperienza di scrivere a più mani una storia. Un po’ meno per quanto riguarda i contenuti, piuttosto fantastici, molto inverosimili, a volte assurdi. La storia ricorda autori americani che scrivono di eroi invincibili, infallibili, che sfiorano sempre le pallottole, che cadono da altezze assurde eppure restano illesi. Insomma, bella l’idea della scrittura collettiva, meno bella la costruzione di un ex colonnello che sfida da solo la cattiveria del mondo.
Jennifer Baratta
Worth listening to.
Andreas Strom
Not bad, but not very impressive either. I thought it was a little boring until the last few chapters, and the final chapter had about two endings too many. Still, it's another successful experiment in writing, but I found the first one slightly better.
Kelley
Jan 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, mystery
Courtesy of Amazon

I listened to The Chopin Manuscript back when it was first released from Audible in serial format and loved the whole concept of a thriller round-robin novel. That book was fascinating and I loved it so when I saw The Copper Bracelet was released, I just had to have this one too, especially since it is the sequel to The Chopin Manuscript.

Harold Middleton is back again on a new mission. He and his contingents are trying to get to the bottom of an international plot that threaten
Linda
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the story, but it seemed a bit disjointed. I guess that was because there were so many authors. The beginning and ending chapters were my favorites because they were written by Jeffery Deaver, Jeffery Deaver who is one of my favorite writers. I could easily recognize his style. I only recognized the names of a few of the other writers in the collaboration. I think it was a good idea. I had listened to "The Chopin Manuscript"Chopin Manuscript, which was also a collaboration and thought it ...more
Anita
Actual Rating: 2.5 Stars

This book is a collaborative effort among various crime thriller novelists, with Jeffrey Deaver fronting the project (he created the main protagonist, Harold Middleton, and he also writes the first and last chapters).

I was just as intrigued with it as I had been with Chopin Manuscript (my review), though I had been worried that the book would be a big mess with so many minds and so many ideas trying to take precedent. And despite The Chopin Manuscript getting slightly o
Cindy
Feb 21, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
meh
Dale
Jun 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much like the last one in the series, the experiment in making the story is better than the story (A review of the audiobook)

7 discs
9 hours
+ 1 interview disc lasting about 45 minutes.

The Copper Bracelet
is the second installment in the Harry Middleton story. Harry is former military officer, former music teacher, current hunter of war criminals. Along with his compatriots, the Volunteers, Harry Middleton is after war criminals from Kashmir.

The story behind the book is pretty simple - Jeffery
Bev
Mar 15, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"I think something else is going on here," a character says before the end of the book. Never was a truer word written.

This book proves that not only do too many cooks spoil the broth, but too many authors does not a great book make. This was a free download from Audible.com (and does not, apparently have a print version). Each chapter is written by a different author, consequently there are so many plot lines and so many characters it's like trying to follow a Russian novel. Just when you think
Laurie (Kwiltreader)
Jun 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery readers
Shelves: mysteries
Being a fan of Jeffrey Deaver, I was very intrigued with the idea of a sort of collection of short stories with a common theme and characters. It was slightly disjointed due to the writing styles of each of the mystery writers. But if I hadn't known this, I don't know that I would have noticed the difference.
I rated this 4 * because of the 2 interview sessions at the end of the audio. One with Jeffrey Deaver and 2-3 of the other authors. The authors' explanation of their understanding of the pr
B. Wilson
I am amazed that sixteen different authors can produce a novel of this caliber and continuity. I am intrigued by the process used to accomplish such a project. I haven't actually been reading the book, but listening to the audio version, (a little trick I learned from my friend, Gwen B.). As to the book, I gave it three stars. It's well plotted with an interesting story line and good characterization, but it's pulp fiction; a "Factory Novel", if you will. With all the twists and turns, plot and ...more
Franklin
Nov 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story line with great content from a stable of accomplished authors. Disappointingly there are a couple of leaps in understanding that are pivotal to the conclusion of the story; however, this can easily happen with so many authors writing one work, a chapter at a time, without a predetermined storyline. Great work on the part of the authors and thank you to audible for making the effort to create this type of work.
Ron
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An action packed thriller with different authors writing each chapter.
A great "progressive story" that was even better than the previous "the chopin manuscript".
I read it as the second part of a two story book called the "Watch list"
Each author added new character or killed off a previous one.... kept me on my toes!
Once you that everything was solved, it did not end.. but kept on going end after end.
Great!!

Dee
Narrated by Alfred Molina, this book is unique-ish, in the way that each chapter is written by a different author, yet forms a cohesive story. In the Copper Bracelet, we pick up with the Chopin Manuscript left off, which was written in a similar manner. Overall, it was enjoyable, but some of the chapters were uneven. I did identify a few authors in the mix that I am going to check out again in the future.
Sable Jordan
Nov 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally took the time to listen to this book. For some reason it's audiobook format only, no pdf or print version. I'm not big on hearing my stories, but this was a great first time! loved the plot, especially since it follows up from the Chopin Manuscript. Like the multi-author input, it flowed very well. I think there'll be a third in this series, and I'm looking forward to reading, or listening, to it.
Kerry
Oct 16, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
From Audible:

Former war crimes investigator Harold Middleton must once again crack a secretive global conspiracy in this new international thriller penned by a dream team of top-selling authors, including Jeffery Deaver, Lisa Scottoline, Lee Child, and Joseph Finder.

Download the first chapter free for an Audible exclusive sneak peak. The complete, unabridged audiobook will be available starting October 29, 2009.
Lois
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a sequel to Deaver's earlier audiobook, The Chopin Manuscripts. Each chapter is written by a different author which contributes to the overall suspense. Alfred Molina is an amazing reader. It's a great way to experience the different writing styles of about 17 different mystery/suspense authors. I believe, like the Chopin Manuscripts it is only available as an audiobook, despite that, it's a figurative page-turner.
Larry
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different. Jeffery Deavers wrote the first and last chapters while various authors wrote all of the chapters in between. Really enjoyed it and the flow of the book was very good considering the different writing styles. Really fast paced as I think each author wanted to add their bit of excitement. Recommented read.
Larry
Feb 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katy
Nov 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was alright. I love the idea of all the authors coming together to write one novel - it flows seamlessly. However, I feel each author invented a new character and things got a little crazy toward the end. The story was primarily about terrorists, which isn't my pot of gold. I listened to the audiobook and I LOVED the reader. He is wonderful.
Jack Alexander
Jun 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a collection of chapters by 16 writers including Lee Child and Jeffery Deaver both of whom I've liked before. But this story was a stagnant rehash of the cold war thrillers. I expected a charge from each writer to present their chapter with zeal, they only get one chapter each, but it was a one-note hum all the way through. Nothing exciting or very interesting at all.
Jeff Stern
Jul 11, 2011 rated it did not like it
Even less enjoyable than the first Watchlist story in this book. I'm a huge Deaver fan and normally can't put one of his books down. Maybe it's just not for me, but Copper Bracelet felt like a mess. There were too many characters and storylines to keep up with, which makes sense considering the number of authors that contributed.

I made it through the book but I wasn't happy about it.
Lindsay
Sep 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the first! And when I found out that there was no overall outline for this book-- that each author was responsible to take their chapter and run with the plot (and create or kill off characters) however they wanted-- well that sealed the deal for me! Creative concept-- will look forward to the next installment.
Michael Carlson
I like this but didn't love it. By the time we reached the last chapter (each chapter of the book was written by a different author; each author pushing the story forward), it was a little to "deus ex machina" for me. Suddenly the good guys had exactly what they needed to make a happy ending.
Good not great.
Jess
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This, along with The Chopin Manuscript, were each a 1-star rating for me. I gave them 2 stars, however, because the authors really tried. The Watchlist was disorganized, disjointed and contrived. Just running with what prior writers had written didn't work. I'm sure the authors really enjoyed this exercise; the reader, not so much.
  • METAtropolis: Cascadia
  • Betrayed (Butch Karp, #22)
  • A Cotswold Mystery (Thea Osborne, #4)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes & A Sound of Thunder
  • Shadow Men (Max Freeman, #3)
  • Bleeding Hearts
  • Thriller 2
  • The Backstory to Think Twice
  • Revenant
  • The Shimmer
  • Fishing for Stars (The Persimmon Tree, #2)
  • Red November: Inside the Secret U.S.-Soviet Submarine War
  • In Session
  • The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #3)
  • The Moscow Club
  • The Edge of Evolution: The Search for the Limits of Darwinism
  • A Pretext for War: 9/11, Iraq, and the  Abuse of America's Intelligence Agencies
  • Mars Life (The Grand Tour, #17)
#1 international bestselling author of over thirty novels and three collections of short stories. His books are sold in 150 countries and translated into 25 languages. His first novel featuring Lincoln Rhyme, The Bone Collector, was made into a major motion picture starring Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie. He's received or been shortlisted for a number of awards around the world.
More about Jeffery Deaver

Harold Middleton (3 books)
  • The Chopin Manuscript
  • The Starling Project

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Among the Wicked (Kate Burkholder #8)
  • The Snow Garden
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Almost Dead (Lizzy Gardner #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Frost (Dewberry Farm Mysteries, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Remains of Innocence (Joanna Brady, #16)
  • Outfoxed
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Huntress Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Last Witness (C.J. Townsend Thriller)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead Weight (Lizzy Gardner #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Short Drop (Gibson Vaughn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • You Only Live Twice (James Bond, #12)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Thunderball (James Bond, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Casino Royale (James Bond, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Live and Let Die (James Bond, #2)
  • Dr. No
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Moonraker (James Bond, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Diamonds are Forever (James Bond)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • From Russia With Love (James Bond, #5)
  • The Blinds
  • Little Boy Lost
  • Blonde Faith
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Deadly Business
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Private Justice (Newpointe 911, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Cutting Room (C.J. Townsend Thriller Book 3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • First to Kill (Nathan McBride, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • In the Barren Ground
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blood Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Lie In Wait (Canaan Crime #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Legacy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2)
  • The Taxidermist's Daughter
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Standing in Another Man's Grave (Inspector Rebus, #18)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cop Hater (87th Precinct, #1)
  • The Jekyll Revelation
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Book of Beloved
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
  • Afterlife
  • The Vines
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsessed (Lizzy Gardner #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • River's Edge (Cape Refuge Series, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Pedigree To Die For (A Melanie Travis Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
  • Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kane and Abel (Kane and Abel, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Bone Music (Burning Girl, #1)
  • In the Blue Hour
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cold Moon (The Huntress/FBI Thrillers, #3)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Stirred (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels #8)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Neon Lawyer (Brigham Theodore, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Coyote Waits (Navajo Mysteries, #10)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Sinister Pig (Navajo Mysteries, #16)
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent #8)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Snowblind (Dark Iceland #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bitter Medicine (V.I. Warshawski, #4)
    $8.49 $1.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
  • Playing Dead
  • Look Behind You
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Where the Memories Lie
    $4.99 $1.99
  • White Nights (Shetland Island, #2)
  • Nineteen Seventy Four
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Close to Home (Tracy Crosswhite, #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Wrath (Luis Chavez, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Three (Codename: Chandler, #3)
  • The Hollow Men: A Novel
    $15.95 $1.99
  • What She Doesn't Know
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Pope of Palm Beach: A Novel (Serge Storms)
  • Ancestor
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Night Bird (Frost Easton, #1)
  • Flood (Burke, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Binary
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Case of Need
  • Easy Go
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The House of Memory (Pluto's Snitch #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Evil Never Dies (Lizzy Gardner, #6)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Twisted Root (William Monk, #10)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Red Road (Alex Morrow #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Last Detective (Peter Diamond, #1)
  • Darkness, My Old Friend
  • Retribution
  • Duplicity
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Widowmaker (Mike Bowditch #7)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Remember Me Like This
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Penance
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Cold Harbor (Gibson Vaughn, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • On Her Majesty's Secret Service (James Bond, #11)
  • Neighborly
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
  • The Drowning