Start by marking “Hipster Puppies” as Want to Read:
Hipster Puppies

Hipster Puppies

The Internet phenomenon that unleashed "adorable emo puppies with bed head, ironic sunglasses, and snobby musical tastes." (Entertainment Weekly)

They spend their time sniffing around local farmer's markets, pawing through stacks of vinyl at the record store, and making biting remarks at the caf�. They're hipster puppies-and they're always snarky, impeccably accessorized,
Published July 5th 2011 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Hipster Puppies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hipster Puppies

Start your review of Hipster Puppies
karen
Jul 28, 2011 rated it liked it
this is my math:

books with pictures of puppies = 5 stars
books making fun of hipsters = 5 stars

animals in clothes = negative a million stars.

god i hate animals in clothes, i really do. and like Stuff on My Mutt, a lot of this is just dogs wearing glasses or sunglasses. occasionally a scarf. so original.

however - two doggies reading Infinite Jest is more than okay with me.

and while it is true that many of the captions are not funny, you gotta admit "rocko has the most enviable collection of unrea
Dustin Crazy little brown owl
A unique social commentary, specifically regarding Brooklyn, NY but encompassing a wider spectrum as well. This book features photos of dressed up dogs (and one cat that slipped in there)paired with captions that might describe someone you know. You will see lots of pups in glasses, hats, scarves and bandannas. You will see a smaller number of pups with shoes, sweaters, bags, headphones, alcohol, and books. You will see a small fraction of these photos featuring dogs on bikes and skateboards.

Her
Caitlin
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-york-reads
Got this at the book launch event at PowerHouse Arena in Brooklyn, home of hipsters galore. The event was the "Hipster Puppy Pageant" - where some of the dogs actually featured in the book were on parade. The judge was the author, and he signed books after. So, I ended up buying a book that normally would have just made me laugh and move on when I saw it in stores.

It's not much of a read, but the captions and photos are great, and the author's intro is hilarious.

A few of my favorite captions (no
Dane Cobain
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hipster Puppies fits alongside books like Elgin Park and Mo’ Urban Dictionary in that it’s a non-fiction book that’s based on a popular internet site. Here, Weingarten collects the funniest photos and captions of Hipster Puppies from the viral blog site, presenting them in full-page spreads that feature a single photo with a single caption.

It’s reasonably amusing, and a fun, quick read – I read it in one sitting on the bus, on my way to work. I wouldn’t go out of your way to get a copy of it, bu
Amanda Schnall
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Obviously I’m giving it a 5 star review because it’s cute-ass dogs and NOT just because my dog (RIP Topper) is featured in it. Lots of fun, a quick read, and cute pics.
melissa
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute photos. A quick, fun read/flip through. I'm kinda OK with the fact that I didn't understand some of the references in the photo captions.
Courtney
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give it atleast 7 to 15 more stars. It's that damn good!
Carol
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011, dog-cat-bird
The reason that I gave this book four stars is that it was just what I needed at the time. I was in the hospital for a six hour operation. I did not need complicated text while in pain, I needed something very simple and heartwarming. A good deal of the pictures had dogs wearing glasses, I am tired of that but I loved the pictures of dogs all bundled up in warm scarves. I think that the pictures were better than the captions so I ended up ignoring most of them.

This book makes an excellent gift f
Jeanne
Oct 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Considering the type of book that it was: funny pictures of dogs dressed up as hipsters with captions, this was pretty good and clever. I even laughed out loud a few times! And...I did find it ironic to find this book in the nonfiction section under puppies in the library! But hey, I guess it's the Truf!

Also, my hubby, would have given it 4 out of 5 stars....so it's possible that I'm being harsh......it's possible...but I'm sticking by my original 3 out of 5 rating.
Jarrett
Jul 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Although the dog on the cover is hipster-ish, most of the dogs inside just have bandanas on or are sitting adjacent to "hip" objects like slr cameras. Not even the snarky comments are that funny (e.g. "Fifi wants to know the sitch with the toilets at the art show because she's on her power cleanse" next to a picture of a dog with a red sweater). Meh.
Jenna Howland
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Hipster Puppies website when it first came out... and was super excited when the coffee table book became a reality! I think this is simply hilarious. Cute dogs, witty sayings, and hipster-bashing make this funny little coffee table book worth reading.
Megalion
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
I confess that I wasn't clear on hipster culture. The dogs were cute but the rest was boring.
Erin
Jul 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
C'mon. It's my favorite thing (puppies) making fun of my least favorite thing (hipsters).
Judith
Sep 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Who doesn't love puppies? And especially puppies making fun of hipsters?
Mati
Aug 06, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: art, 2012
PETA on the author. What are those activist doing when poor animals are dressed up in such horrid manner squeezed in "funny" clothes for some demented fun. Seriously poor animals.
Omar M. Khateeb
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Seriously is there any need to explain why this book is amazing?
Meghan
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love that I can rate this here... simply the best (and mostly funny photos of adorable dogs)!
Christina
Dec 16, 2011 rated it liked it
cute! and also funny, because it's true.
Brooke
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ridiculous. And so entertaining.
Libraryvixen