Start by marking “Sorcery and the Single Girl (Jane Madison, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sorcery and the Single Girl (Jane Madison, #2)

Sorcery and the Single Girl

(Jane Madison #2)

Those TV witches have got it made . . . Wiggle a nose. Dinner's on the table! Hop on a broom. Next stop, Tahiti!

Unfortunately, nose-wiggling doesn't cut it in real life. So witch or not, Jane Madison must deal with her insane work schedule, best-friend drama and romantic dry spell like everyone else.

But now the exclusive Washington Coven wants Jane to join. This could be a
Published October 2007 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about Sorcery and the Single Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorcery and the Single Girl

Kim
Oct 23, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of humorous fantasy
Another fun caper with Jane Madison, Melissa, Neko, and David. Jane has a new man in her life, the sexy Brit Graeme Henderson, and is asked to join the exclusive Washington coven. In doing so, her magic is put to the test, and she revisits some high school style insecurity about fitting in with the "cool girls." As in The Girl's Guide to Witchcraft , Jane's voice is appealing, her adventures amusing, and her growth as a human being outshines her romantic ambitions. I liked the first book better ...more
Julie
Sep 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It's been almost a year, but Jane still hasn't mastered this whole "witchcraft" thing. True, she managed to turn the Potomac River into ice, and can make small whirlpools in the sink...but those things aren't really helpful in real life...right?

Things are looking up for Jane's love life however, when a handsome Brit randomly walks into Melissa's bakery asking for a plateful of Lust. Floating on her prospects of a new beau, Jane's euphoria is short lived when David, her warder, tells her that the
Cheryl
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
So, I liked the story itself. I thought it had just enough suspense to keep you interested. I was pretty sure I had it figured out and turns out I was right, but she kept me guessing enough that I kept reading. Now onto my problem, and for me it is a big one. I'm beginning to dislike Jane a great deal. I cut her slack in the first book, I expected to see growth in the second. I didn't get my wish. She is too old to be this naive, this concerned with belonging to the popular group. Never mind she ...more
Susan
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Wow...oh...wow...oh...wow!!! Do not expect the expected with this one. I knew that this book was going to be more intriguing but I didn't expect a little mystery to be a much bigger mystery. So much so that I had a really hard time putting down Sorcery and the Single Girl by Mindy Klasky.

Jane is back again, but this time things are bit more complicated. The I.B. is gone, but a new mystery man named Graeme has shown up. The Washington Coven has just summon Jane and Neko has been on the prowl
Rosemary
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series. Jane has gotten used to the idea of being a witch,and with the help of David,her warder,and Neko,her catman familiar, she has been practicing her witchcraft skills. She has all but given up on love,after being used,cheated on, and a feeling like a fool in her last 2 relationships.....until she meets the handsome stranger with the British accent,who walks in to her friend Melissa's bakery just as she is closing up one night. His name is Graeme,and he sweeps ...more
Marian
Jun 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008, readit
Erica
Dec 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Well, even though the overall story line and plot is cute; this book is really a lot of fluff. I found myself skimming most of the pages in every chapter.

It's hard to know that this is the second book of the series because its really not addressed in the beginning of the book. Not much is mentioned from the first book. The characters are interesting, but every time a conversation starts, it just goes way off topic and turns into useless fluff. I really do enjoy Neko and his flamboyant ways. And
Liane
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but certainly it could've been worse.

The second book has underwhelmed me, so I'm not too sure if I'll be moving to the third installation of Jane Madison's new witchy life. This time, all the insecurities of a high-school girl manifested in our intelligent, supposedly grounded librarian. That aside, all the while I was thinking, "Duh! THAT'S a bad guy!"

I had to remind myself repeatedly that this is NOT a mytery, it's a supernatural fiction about a witchy libr
Emily Hernandez
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
The book was good it just seemed like it took forever to get to the point... A much better read toward the end. It's fun and quirky and extremely detailed. It's about a witch named Jane who tries to get accepted into an exclusive Washington Coven. She doesn't realize the extent of her power. I kept picturing Jane as a skinny Bridget Jones lol. I was surprised with the ending. Overall the book was pretty good.
Kara
Jun 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
I was kinda disappointed. This book was not nearly as funny as the last one. It was still really good. I felt like the main character really lost her center and did things that were out of character. I am not sure if it was the writing or if it was the character that just screwed her life up.
Tina Taylor
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
This series is so bad. I am only on the second book and I want to scream. Jane is so unlikeable. She acts so immature with every detail in her life. The books are just page after page of Jane complaining, feeling sorry for herself or worried about having a boyfriend. The only reason I am still reading the series is because I am to OCD to quit. UGH!
Evie
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a great plot

I like these characters. I like the plot. But... once again, it's a tale about witches and... food.
I think there is equal time given to the food they eat, as to the actual storyline.
Love the characters. The storyline is really enjoyable, but the filling? is food. (Pun intended.)
Rhonda Jones
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

Need something funny, light, but also dark in places where bad guys must be dealt with? Want fun quirky characters and true loving relationships. Except when Jane is annoyed of-course. Love a little magic in your read to take you out of the doldrums of daily life? This book and this series did all that for me. Great read.
Valerie
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series. It's so fun. I think the way she's trying to live real life, try to have a relationship, and mix magic into all of it makes a fun read. All the characters are so fun. Can't wait for book 3.
Starla
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is new to me but I am Jane Madison's trial and tribulations with regard to her work and newly acquired witch powers. This book had plenty of twist and turns to keep my turning the page to see what would happen next.i recommend this series as I move on to book 3.
Ken Liljengren
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fun read

Ken
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Jane had built a great family of friends and family together. She went through some hard times, but passed the test.
Mandy
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
A little predictable, but still a fun book in this series.
Jean West
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute! Very fun, I loved seeing Jane's progression into witch confidence.
Pamela
Dec 13, 2016 rated it liked it
These are a quick read and I enjoyed this one just as much as the first! Wonderin what happens next!
Robin Young
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again, a fun, entertaining read. I like the characters, especially Nico. I am getting a bit annoyed at Jane for once again (spoilers) falling for completely the wrong guy!
Tillie
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like this series and the quirky characters in the series and the mishaps they get into. Makes me chuckle.
Misty l Otto
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great

Great story involving friendships, and realizing how strong you are without compromising yourself for others pettiness. And the humor is the best
Aug 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Too much inner dialogue focused on speculation. Made the story drag
Jennifer Heise
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liked it a lot, but really wished our heroine would get her head a bit more together.
Julie Kastner
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked it. Was easy to get into, the characters were fun to read about.
Wendy
May 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Sue Q
Nov 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Type and Source of Book:
Ebook borrowed from the Ontario Library Service

Thoughts:

Not as captivating as the first book - and it seemed to tie up ends nicely, leaving me to wonder about the 3rd book in the series. Although we still learned about magic, it was exactly that - more of a lesson than a thrill:

He'd already drilled me on vervain (a defense against metal weapons), rosemary (protection against the evil eye), and radish (defense againsst scorpions). Yes. Radish. Scorpions.

We also learned
Steph
Dec 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Sorcery and the Single Girl continues on with Jane's story. She previously learned that she's a witch, has a warder, David, and a familiar, Neko, who she awoke accidentally while investigating the library and treasure trove in her basement. Now, David tells her that the Coven wants to meet with her. She knows that if the Coven doesn't accept her, she will be forced to forfeit the entire Osgood collection of magical books and treasures, as well as Neko. The Coven wants what she has and she's de ...more
Diane ~Firefly~
Dec 22, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal, magic
Wow. For about 3/4's of the book, I thought I was reading about someone in junior high school, because that is where Jane was mentally. Poor baby, she wasn't part of the popular crowd in school and even though she's got a job she loves, a couple of good friends and a new talent with magic, it just isn't enough if the coven won't warmly accept her. Man, I wanted to smack some sense into her multiple times.

Of course, everyone around her was just as juvenile at times, including her grandmother. He
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Charmed & Ready (Bronwyn the Witch, #2)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Wednesday Night Witches
  • The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • Damsel Under Stress (Enchanted, Inc., #3)
  • A Stroke of Magic (Magic, #2)
  • Notes From The Backseat
  • The Seventh Witch (Ophelia & Abby, #7)
  • No Rest for the Wiccan (A Bewitching Mystery, #4)
  • Laced with Magic (Sugar Maple, #2)
  • Chick with a Charm (Babes-on-Brooms, #2)
  • Witch in the House
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category

Jane Madison (5 books)
  • Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #1)
  • Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3)
  • Single Witch's Survival Guide (Jane Madison, #4)
  • Joy of Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #5)
“got” 0 likes
“With these coins I find you. With these words I bind you. Keep our secret, silent be. Speak to no man, not of me. Diddle dum, diddle dee, fi, fo, fum.” 0 likes