Start by marking “Yearning (Green's Hill Werewolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Yearning (Green's Hill Werewolves, #1)

Yearning

(Green's Hill Werewolves #1)

Teague’s in the game for redemption, and Jack’s in the game for Teague. Can they both get what they need at Green’s Hill?

Jack and Teague are human ‘hunters’, who have been recruited to work as liaisons between the preternatural world of Green’s Hill and the ignorant humans that surround it. Teague's in the game for redemption – and Jack’s in the game for Teague.

Teague Sull
Published February 12th 2011 by Torquere Press (first published February 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Yearning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yearning

Julio Genao
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shorts
Segue.

Pretty clearly a transition from the original trilogy set in this universe to another; it suffers for being dependent on the first series for backstory in this one.

Not much in the way of plot—a lot of the key events happen in flashback scenes or off-page—but two solid scenes and some decent stuff around them make for some interesting reading even when it isn't that structurally sound.

For me, though, I found a real pleasure in reading some early Amy Lane, with some of the literary fire and
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Free RIGHT NOW for 1 hour (11-12pm est, 9/20/13)at Torquere Press! Go run and get it!

Grammy 1
Feb 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Grammy by: glakritz@tampabay.rr.com
Amy Lane fans may have already read Yearning. Once upon a time while writing her Little Goddess Series, Yearning, Waiting, Reaching, Changing, and Becoming appeared on her Greenshill,com website in Amy’s Writings. The final and last Novella of that story is called Being, and hasn’t been released yet. These novellas were meant to be side stories about Greens Hill, which began right after Bound. To those who did not get the memo and haven’t read them, you will be delighted to have more of Greens H ...more
Lucy
Feb 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Lexi Ander
Feb 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-shifters
This is a good start for a series. The world unfolds as you get to know the characters which at times I found confusing, making me reread sections because I thought that I had missed something only to find out that it hadn't been revealed yet. I could have used more information on the world. I did enjoy it when I finally decided to go along for the ride instead of trying to figure things out.
MLE
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
A little too disjointed, and the love story seems to come out of nowhere. The break from Jack being a grieving brother to him being Teague's apprentice and in love with him was too abrupt, and it kept me from connecting with the story and the characters liked I would have liked. There were interesting concept, and side characters, but overall it was just an okay book.
Cherie Noel
Feb 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh. *sigh* It was everything you promised Amy, and then some. Er...did you say there are more Jack and Teague stories coming? Please?
momokaachan
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, mm
This series of short reads makes so much more sense when you have read Bound.
SheReadsALot
9/20/13 FREE RIGHT NOW until 12am EST

Chrys
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Amy Lane books
Teague and Jack's story had me hooked from beginning to end. I liked the characters, the honesty of emotions, and the world they live in where elves, werewolves, vampires, and sorceresses come together. The editing could have used some work, but I don't think it takes away from the story.

Have to admit one of my favorite aspects of the story was that Jack and Teague reminded me of the Winchester boys from the show Supernatural. Turns out the Winchesters played a part in the creation of Jack and
Mike
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wolf-shifters, mm, nook
This was a very interesting and somewhat wide-ranging story about the unstated sexual tension between two male werewolf hunter/protector partners. The book explores same-sex attraction in an otherwise heterosexually oriented man, seemingly unrequited love, and denying one's self for the good of the one you love. This "bromance" is interwoven into a somewhat hyper-sexual paranormal world of werewolves, fae, and more. I'm not normally a fan of the "only gay for you" theme, but this did an interest ...more
Sandra
2.5 stars This was okay, I've read other stuff in this world and honestly, it just isn't really my cup 'a tea. Shifter genre is one of my favorites but there is just soooo much going on in this universe that it ends up feeling overly complicated. I think they could easily be written as stand alone series, but instead, so much time is focused on Green that it muddies the waters.

I guess it's relevant to Teague's story, but since I never read the Green/Adrian books, I didn't really feel like I need
Cindyg
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner
Christy
Yearning is the first book in the Green's Hill Werewolves series by the indomitable Amy Lane. This is the story of Jack and Teague. Jack has just lost his sister two days after Adrian was killed, incidentally, and Green recruits him to work with Teague, Green's reformed hunter.

Green has brought these two men together and a more fabulous friendship/relationship I haven't read in awhile. Jack and Teague just click, you know? They work for Green tracking down the lost from Green's Hill. The ones wh
Angela
Apr 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Erotica, m/m, romannce, weres
I'm so divided about this book cause I really liked Teague and Jack and I liked the beginning of this book, but once they went to Green's Hill I was completely lost. I didn't know this was a spin-off series and frankly I have no desire to read the other series so I'm not sure where that leaves me in regards to the rest of this series.
Anna
I like Amy Lane's books and when I was hunting for a title on the letter Y for my A-Z book title challenge I thought great an Amy Lane book. I liked the book fine while reading it but I'm not sure that I will continue the series. I'm sure it's good but I don't feel like I have the energy at the moment to read about all the people that got presented at Green's Hill.
Timmysparks
Nov 30, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked this story. Jacky and Teague were a great couple. Teague was so wounded by his past but Green as always came to the rescue. I liked the built up of Jacky and Teague's relationship and I' excited to see how it progresses in the other novellas.
dbbks3
Dec 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, series, shifters
Enjoyed this but a little confusing. Did not read other reviews first. Reviews seem to indicate this is part of a larger series. Is their a book that I should have read first. It was still interesting. I love Jack and Teague. I am a fan of Amy Lane. and read it because it was written by her.
Marsha Spence
Mar 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-para
I enjoyed this very much. I did feel that I was missing some background info on Green and his group that I hope gets filled in on future books. Loved Jack and Teague and hope to see them in the future.
Meggie
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shape-shifters
The start into this series is interesting even if a bit strange. I liked Jack and Teague from start and it will be a pleasure to fallow them in next books.
Mary
Feb 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Teague is broken and heroic and needs love. Jack is sensitive and loving and in need of a little repair himself. It's gonna be good, I can't wait to take the whole ride. What an amazing start.
Kiki
Apr 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, menage
3.5
adrienne
bummed that the other books in the series are mmf b/c would have liked to read more 1-on-1 b/w these two (okay, this was decided after i peeked at the next & the girl kind of annoyed me)
Jean
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
A little angsty, but good.
Susinok
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt, paranormal, romance
I think I'll have to go read the Goddess series after this. I was a bit in the dark, but the story was great.
Cb62
Psycholark
rated it it was ok
Apr 24, 2011

• Sleeping Stone
  • Unsettled Interlude (Hidden Wolves, #1.5)
  • Sebastian's Wolves (Among Wolves #1)
  • Bloodlines (KinKaid Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Ethan's Freedom (Portals, #1)
  • Chuffed (Finnshifters, #1)
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Dinner at the Blue Moon Cafe
  • A Thread of Deepest Black
  • Snakeskin Boots (Were Menagerie #1)
  • Surviving the Change
  • Shifting Sands
  • Where You Least Expect It
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • Galen and the Forest Lord
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven, #1)
  • His Soul to Take
  • Midnight in Berlin
Amy Lane dodges an EDJ, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. She, her brood, and her beloved mate, Mack, live in a crumbling mortgage in Citrus Heights, California, which is riddled with spiders, cats, and more than its share of fancy and weirdness. Feel free to visit her at www.greenshill.com orwww.writerslane.blogspot.com, where she will ride the buzz of receiving your e-mail u ...more

Green's Hill Werewolves (8 books)
  • Waiting (Green's Hill Werewolves, #2)
  • Reaching (Green's Hill Werewolves, #3)
  • Changing (Green's Hill Werewolves, #4)
  • Becoming (Green's Hill Werewolves, #5)
  • Being (Green's Hill Werewolves, #6)
  • The Green's Hill Werewolves: Volume I