Start by marking “Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)

Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  21,287 Ratings  ·  1,189 Reviews
I’m Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Academy, and I have no idea how I’m going to survive the rest of the semester. One day, I’m getting schooled in swordplay by the guy who broke my heart—the drop-dead gorgeous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invisible archer in the Library of Antiquities decides to use me for target practice. And now, I fin ...more
Published November 29th 2011 by K-Teen (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of Frost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of Frost

Navdha
Feb 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is the second time I’ve started writing a review while reading the book. I guess I’m going through the bad-books syndrome lately which according to me is a syndrome where you intentionally read a book which you know you will want to bang against the wall or which will make you bang your head against the wall. Either way I am suffering from that. I just found out that the second book to Mythos academy was out and I just couldn’t resist. I had to make myself suffer reading this book.
Okay, Gwe
Mizuki
Nov 09, 2013 rated it did not like it
Rating: a 'This book pisses me off way too much' zero star.

(Link: http://vampirekiki.deviantart.com/art...)

It's just another shitty YA book, another author who doesn't have the heart to write a decent story but got paid for writing craps anyway, Jennifer Estep, I'm blacklisting you.

As if the lack of originality isn't bad enough, as if ripping off Harry Potter and Vampire Academy isn't bad enough, as if all the cliches and the stupid main character aren't bad enough; Jennifer Estep just has to g
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Am I allowed to be happy? I feel like it's been a while since I've had the warm fuzzies about darn near anything. It was starting to make me feel like I'd broken something in my brain...until I picked up book 1 of this series, then went immediately into book 2. Skeptical Stacia has temporarily left the building in favor of Swoony Stacia. I promise that I'll be back to my regularly-scheduled, jaded-self tomorrow.

It's as if I've been on this merry-go-round of "same story, same ahole guy, same ever
✍Neyla Kunta ✍
Soo und zum zweiten Mal hab ich es gelesen 😍 Natürlich sind mir jetzt die Fehler schon eher aufgefallen aber das hat den Unterhaltungsfaktor für mich nicht wirklich geschmälert! :)
Stella [Stellette Reads]
Brauche den nächsten Band :)
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
EVERYONE! CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE! YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK. IF YOU DON'T, I WILL SEND VIC AFTER YOU!

OMG! I. LOVED.THIS.BOOK. I mean really loved. Loved it so much that I want to bathe in the literature if I could. (You know I would too! LOL)

This book is the bomb diggity. Right from the very first page, I felt the anxiety and excitement of reading every goodness of the page. The plot was dynamic. Filled with action, fighting, major flirting, and forbidden love, I fell in love with this b
Colleen Houck
I think I liked this one even more than the first. Favorite scene was the avalanche and the wolf. The heroine has such a cool power. It reminds me of old school Heroes. Loved that they all have different abilities. Adding the next one to my tbr list right now.
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Lovers of Melodrama
I liked the concept, and I enjoyed the story; however, my enjoyment was marred by the writing. I felt as though the author copied and pasted entire sentences, if not paragraphs, from the first book in the series. I understand the author wanting to provide backstory for individuals who accidentally read this book first, but to provide the explanation verbatim felt like lazy writing and detracted from my overall enjoyment of the story.

I also find it hard to like the heroine. Harry Potter had four
Vee
Jul 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print-ausgabe
Endlich habe ich, Vee, Freunde gefunden. Endlich, hat der Freak der Mythos Academy Freunde. Doch ICH, mit meinen violetten Augen, bin immer noch nicht beliebt. Immer noch bin ich das seltsame Gypsymädchen, dass SO EIN FREAK ist. Aber oh weh, da ist ein süßer Boy, der NUR MIT MIR flirtet. Auch, wenn ich ihn gerade einmal seit fünf Minuten kenne, weiß ich, dass er MICH WILL. Oder doch nicht? Denn ich bin doch SO EIN GROSSER Freak. Er kann mich nicht wollen, auch, wenn ich ihn will. OH WEH, was mac ...more
Lina Lovegood
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wieder sehr gut, Acer etwas schwächer als der letzte Teil, weil viel wiederholt wurde und mir es sehr vorhersehbar war.
Julia
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Das Ende ist ja süß. ♥ Trotzdem waren es eigentlich nur Gwens Fähigkeiten, die ich mochte, den Rest... eher nicht.
Djezelle
Хорошая серия. Ни великолепная, ни шикарная, ни плохая, ни ужасная, а именно хорошая. Этакий твердый середнячок, который понравится фанатам «Перси Джексона» и «Академии Вампиров». Серия представляет собой смесь мифов и типичный приключенческий YA, читается буквально взахлеб (благодаря легкости и простоте), но и желания перечитывать определенно не возникает.

Вторая книга серии также значительно уступает первой. Здесь больше шаблонов, уровень предсказуемости – Бог, а героиня на протяжении книги пр
Annika loves Books
Tolle Fortsetzung, zeitweise etwas viele Wiederholungen aus Teil 1, trotzdem total spannend und interessant. Ich liebe die Protagonisten schon jetzt!
Annie Brewer
4.5 stars!!!

Loved this sequel! What a great continuation of Gwen's journey at Mythos Academy. This was as action packed as the first. Lots of shit happening and sword fighting and magic and all the great stuff we've experienced in Touch of Frost. It was a lot of fun. Ienjoyed it

I loved the characters. Loved them all. First of all, Daphne. Let me say, I didn't care for her in ToF. She was such a bitch. I was sure I'd hate her. But. I was wrong, so wrong. She changed a lot, she grew a lot. She wa
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jul 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Kiss of Frost is the second book in Jennifer Estep's Mythos Academy series and it pretty much takes place only a couple weeks later from where Touch of Frost ended. I really liked Touch of Frost, but I enjoyed Kiss of Frost a lot more. I think what I like the most about this series is the relationship between Logan and Gwen. The way it plays out and how at first I want to hate Logan so much, but just can't. I love it! I also really like Gwen's powers. I know there is a down side to it, but who w ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: Nice
Rating: PG-13
Overall: I’m really liking where this is going
Characters: Well Written
Plot: The Winter Carnival isn’t fun and games least not for Gwen
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Oliver

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

This second book really heats things up. Again, I’d figured everything out long before Gwen, but I wonder if that’s not by design of the story. But also, I’m not the target market so maybe it’s just that. Still I re
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Angry-at-the-world girl Gwen is at it again. She hates everyone at her school because they're so good and she's not (she admits it herself). She hates that they were so good at this fighting stuff and she's a novice, never mind that they've been doing this since they started walking and she's been only at this for a year. Oh, and they SUCK because they're rich and flaunt it, never mind that her family is well-off too but her mother and grandmother decided to raise her as a normal girl. Totally n ...more
Toby
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zum Ende hin hat es mich etwas genervt, dass der Fokus so stark auf Gwens Mutter lag. Der eigentliche Höhepunkt war bereits 40 Seiten davor, wo Band 2 prima hätte enden könnten.
Trotzdem, die Geschichte hat mir sehr gut gefallen und dieser Teil war sogar noch etwas besser als sein Vorgänger. :)
Linda
The story of Gwen Frost being Nike's new champion continues. Doing so she stumbles into a lot of trouble. A lot of trouble. // 2.5 stars
Danielle.
This is the sequel to Touch of Frost; even though this should have been rated 1 star, I’m generously giving this three. I know I said I wasn’t going to read the rest of the series, but the book has so much potential. It does. I have to admit, I kind of… you know… enjoyed it. But I thought the author left some of her old habits behind on the Touch of Frost, unfortunately she didn’t….

I really can’t stand how the author is writing unnecessary comments. Jennifer Estep, adding ‘smack-smack-smack’, ‘c
Bailey (IB Book Blogging)
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
As a huge fan of TOUCH OF FROST, I couldn't stop myself from doing the happy dance when KISS OF FROST arrived on my doorstep. TOUCH OF FROST ended at such a point where I went insane from the dire need to find out what happens next! I am so, so, so, so happy with where Estep went with this one. The characters are further developed, the action is still there, and there is still mucho chemistry between Logan and Gwen. KISS OF FROST kicks it up a notch, so much so that I am expecting a lot from the ...more
Larissa
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

I have recently been on a Paranormal Y.A. binge and after being so turned off by the genre for a while, I am so happy to be back on the horse.

Even though the Paranormal YA genre is still hit and miss for me, there are some incredible series that can’t help but fascinate and enthrall me. Jennifer Estep’s Mythos Academy is definitely one of those, even though it’s one of the newest in my TBR.

I loved Touch of Frost back in July and I
Paradoxical
I've officially decided that these books are like cotton candy fluff. Terribly bad for you, but sometimes you can't help but devour it anyway. 8| Or maybe I should say deep fried twinkie. Somewhere up there, anyway.

These books take cliches and just keeps on piling it on top of one another. They're also hugely predictable, and if people claim otherwise, they are filthy liars. Gwen doesn't stop angsting about her situation (especially her situation with Logan, sigh) and she thinks that people are
Erin
May 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
2-2.5 stars
Another reviewer said it well, "the books are entertaining, they just aren't that good." I enjoy the story and I truly love the mythology. Thankfully the author figured out that we didn't need to know the first and last names of every character every time they come up; however, there were still lots of repetitive descriptions and phrases.

Also on a sad note, Gwen was actually really dumb in this book. Once again I figured out who the villain was long before our heroine did. I want her
Amanda
DNF - no rating!

I tried and failed. To be fair, the first book in this series was a letdown. It sounded something between Percy Jackson and Vampire Academy. The first book was standard YA paranormal with all the expected elements and clichés. That's good enough to get a three star if done well. Kiss of Frost though, is too stupid for me to be able to finish.

I got to 30% and by then it was more or less a complete ripoff of Frostbite, Richelle Maed's second book in her Vampire Academy series. All
Kiona
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Originally posted on www.yareads.com

Gwen Frost is back and she's finally settling into a rhythm at Mythos. She's training every morning before classes with Logan and two of his Spartan friends, and her free time is divided between gossiping with new BFF Daphne, visiting her grandma, and working at the library. Things seem all right, until her life is threatened once again. She knew a Reaper of Chaos would come for her eventually, but she didn't realize she'd be in such danger on campus. Which is
Anna

Reviewed at http://bookstobrightenyourmood.blogsp...

If it's even possible,I enjoyed reading Kiss of Frost even more so than Touch of Frost!And believe me when I'm saying that Touch of Frost was among the few new YA paranormal titles I loved this year!

Kiss of Frost picks up a few weeks after the ending of the first book and continues the story of Gwen,her adjusting as Nike's champion, her copying with her unrequited love towards Logan and her life in general at Mythos.
This book has everything a g
Katy
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it

It's not often that I say this, but this book was SO much better than the first. I really liked this first one, but this one wasn't so bogged down with the whole learning myth legends and having Gwen learn about who she is. Though it was a bit predictable (Oliver, Logan and Preston), I liked how Estep developed the story and moved it right along.

My ONLY complaint about this book is I wish there was more spark. (view spoiler)
Tamara

Dropped at 41%

What a train wreck!!! I wish somebody warned me! All this book is doing recapping the previous one. I've already read the first book. I know what happened there so I dont know why the author keeps recapping it! Why act like these characters are new, like you are introducing them now while you've already did that in the first one?! Seriously why?!! Cant you find some new stuff to write?! Cant you find a better way to fill the blanks?!

I'm definitely staying away from this series and
Anka Räubertochter
3.5 Sterne

So viel ist sicher, die Mythos Academy Reihe ist perfekt dafür geeignet, beim Lesen die Welt um sich herum zu vergessen!

Ich bin nur so durch die Seiten geflogen und die Figuren sind mir, jetzt wo Gwen sich nach und nach eingelebt hat, echt ans Herz gewachsen. Ach, wie gern würde ich auch diese Schule besuchen. Das wäre trotz der bösartigen Schnitter sicher tausend mal besser als meine FH. Oh Mann, weshalb fängt das neue Semester morgen an 😭😭😭 Aber egal...

Toll fand ich auch, dass man z
  • Entangled
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Deadly Descendant (Nikki Glass, #2)
  • Surrender  (Haunting Emma, #3)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)
  • Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
  • Shades of Blood (Warriors of Ankh, #3)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Mortal Defiance (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #2)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters, #2)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Frost (Stork, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
Jennifer Estep is a New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author, prowling the streets of her imagination in search of her next fantasy idea. She is the author of the following series:

THE ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN SERIES
The books focus on Gin Blanco, an assassin codenamed the Spider who can control the elements of Ice and Stone. When she’s not busy battling bad guys and righting wron
More about Jennifer Estep

Mythos Academy (6 books)
  • Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)
  • Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Come on, Gypsy girl. I'm bleeding to death here, in case you haven't noticed. At least make it worth my while and kiss me before I die.” 116 likes
“Two students severely injured, you yourself covered in blood, a Reaper on the premises, a Fenrir wolf running around loose somewhere, and extensive property damage to the resort. Well?" Nickamedes snapped. "What do you have to say for yourself, Gwendolyn?"

I thought for a second, then grinned at him. "I followed your directions exactly. I never set one foot outside the hotel.”
113 likes