Start by marking “Chasing the Mailman (Stone Trail, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing the Mailman (Stone Trail, #1)

Chasing the Mailman (Stone Trail #1)

2.94  ·  Rating details ·  124 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
To ease the scars of his past, Usher Addison leads a quiet life on his horse farm, only going into town for supplies or a drink at the local bar. Then his horses start vanishing, he finds huge dog-like paw prints in the snow, and the law can’t help with either mystery. Luckily, the new mailman, Jarreth Malloray, is willing to lend a helping hand—both to solve the mystery a ...more
Published March 2nd 2011 by Dreamspinner Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Chasing the Mailman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing the Mailman

Jimmy Hanson
Mar 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m, 2011, shifter
"1.5 stars"

Not exactly a novel I'd be enthusiastic to read again. The plot idea and premise were reasonable, but there was far too much 'omg, is he gay? but wait, no ... but - omg, that's such a sign of gayness!' throughout the whole novel. Usher, in terms of his thought processes, hardly seems more mature than a starlet teen. His actions are often that of an adult though, which was a "thank god" moment, there...

Jarreth blows hot and cold, so much so that I honestly thought he was straight and i
Lexi Ander
Mar 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lexi by: grumpybybirth
Shelves: mm-shifters
I would probably rate this as a suspense/horror before I would rate it a romance. The actual romance didn't take place until the last chapter and it felt like it was shoved in.

There has been a creature stalking Usher's horse ranch, leaving unbelievable tracks and the game warden won't return his calls. When Usher loses a yearling and still no help from the warden Usher is at a loss about what to do. As time goes on things get more strange and dangerous.

Meanwhile, Usher has been mooning over the
Shaz
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, shifters
Not quite sure what to say about this. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood or whatever, but I was actually disappointed in this one.

There was just something about it that kept me from being drawn into the story. I couldn't connect with any of the characters either which isn't a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that it's a bad book, far from it. Just not my cup of tea, while I normally really enjoy shifter stories. So to me it was a disappointment and I really couldn't give it more than 2.5
Cat
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, mm-shifter
The writing was okay but that's about it. It started out slow but acceptable, then... URGH!!!
The plot was suspect and the characters reactions unrealistic and ridiculous.
I love shifter stories, but not this one.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Chasing the Mailman is a suspenseful thriller that will keep you wanting to read until the very end. Between the sexual tension between the two main characters and the mysterious creature taunting this small town this story made for a very intriguing read.

Usher Addison is small town boy who lives a quiet life on his horse farm. Usher is a nice and helpful man, so I was roped in to finding out why this creature was stalking him. The offences towards Usher start out rather small with foot prints
Tam
Mar 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, canine-shifters
Usher is a horse farmer in ... somewhere they don't usually get tons of snow. One of his horses is killed by what he suspects is a large wolf, however the game warden ignores his calls for help. He helps the mailman (Jarreth) whose truck goes off the road in bad weather and they become friends. Usher would like it to be more since his partner died 8 years ago, but Jarreth gives off mixed signals and finally makes it clear he's not gay. Things start getting weirder and when Usher's dog runs off i ...more
Rici
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diese Story ist mal etwas anderes. Hier werden die Genres Horror und Homoerotik verbunden, was ich sehr erfrischend finde. Das Cover hier ist allerdings zwar gruselig aber dennoch etwas schwach ausgefallen.
In dieser Story ging es um Usher, einen Gestütsbesitzer, und den Postboten Jarreth. Weiterhin spielen Freunde und die kranke Mutter eine Rolle. Die Beziehung der beiden entwickelt sich in ähnlichem Tempo wie die Szenarien des Horrors, die sie erleben. Das Buch ist mit 193 Seiten eher eines de
jules0623
Wendy Ann
If you are looking for a book with a sweet romance, this would not fit the bill. It really doesn’t have a lot of focus on the m/m relationship in the book – it’s much more heavily focused on the mystery of the deaths that start to occur (beginning with one of Usher’s yearling horses). I was intrigued with the mystery thread and that’s what really kept me going while reading this story. Usher and Jarreth do finally hook up for more than just a stolen kiss, but it’s literally at the end of the boo ...more
Andrea
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
Every author works hard to give us the best book possible but this one didn’t work at all for me. The writing is good but the story is one of the worst I’ve ever read. It just didn’t make any sense at all. If you can believe that two normal people can lift the carcass of a yearling horse into the bed of a truck, that the same carcass can fit into a chest freezer, that any sane person would put said horse in that freezer on top of their food….. I could go on with multiple examples but these are j ...more
Anna
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: never-again
I am so disappointed in this. It's really well written, but I felt no connection between the MCs.
(view spoiler)
Coffee
Dec 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Oh dear, there didn't seem to be one redeeming feature of this story, apart from a plot that was (tho pushing it) semi-decent (or would have been with more work). The characters, however, were awful, especially Usher and Jareth. The best one was the Brock the dog! But the absolute worst part of the book was the dialogue. It was so cringeworthy, contrived, and utterly unrealistic. Overall, I shall not seek anything out by this author again.
SheReadsALot
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
This story was a first time read for me from this author. It was very wordy , at certain parts I just skipped/ skimmed. I didn't purchase this book which help boost the ratings. I enjoyed the tension between the two characters. The overall story was okay, I kind of guessed who the 'villain' was right away.
Mandi
3 stars. I enjoyed this story for the most part. I didn't really get a feel for Jarreth though. (maybe I just wanted him to show his feelings for Usher a bit more?) By the time he finally admitted his feeling for Usher, I kind of wanted Usher to smack him upside the head before jumping his bones. :)
Clover
it was a good werewolf story with an unusual way to write about the shifters.
the no insta-love was very refreshing !!
Enny
Mar 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Nice read and the book gets an extra star for not having insta-love in a shifter story which was very refreshing.
Ruth Laureano
Jul 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Hmmm i didnt like it
Trinity
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was great! The sexual tension drove me crazy, (good crazy). I would recommended this book to anyone. Well done!
Trinity
Ruth
Das war so gar nicht mein Fall. Der Klappentext hat mehr suggeriert als den dann doch leider sehr vorhersehbaren und platten Inhalt. Weder die Figuren noch die Geschichte konnten mich überzeugen.
May 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifters
There was a lot to like in this book, but it took an awfully long time for anything to happen. This made the denouement seem rushed.
Absynthe
May 25, 2011
Donna
May 28, 2017
Luvs2dance
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
It started out well enough, but then there were some leaps in the logic and plot line that were a little too fantastical for me, and I couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to fall back into the story - even though every character in the story seemed to do so without pausing for breath.
Icedave
Aug 01, 2011
Becky
Aug 15, 2012
Aidee Ladnier
May 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting werewolf suspense/thriller romance. Enjoyable.
Mitya
rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2013
  • Beached Hearts
  • Hero
  • Homecoming
  • Fall of a State
  • Blood Relations (MIA Case Files, #2)
  • Mastering the Ride
  • Treasured (Treasured, #1)
  • Wolf's Survival
  • Disguises
  • Rinse and Repeat (Repeater, #1)
  • Looking for Some Touch (Utopia X, #1)
  • Bloody Love Spats (Among Wolves #2)
  • Country Soul
  • To Love a Cowboy
  • A Rose Among the Ruins
  • The Pleasure Slave

Stone Trail (3 books)
  • When I'm Gone (Stone Trail, #2)
  • Nights of Electric Blue (Stone Trail #3)