Start by marking “Lone Wolf ” as Want to Read:
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

"When you fall out of step, that s when everything falls into place. "

R.J. Blake begins a new session tutoring young werewolves in the old ways before the introduction of the shift-suppressing drugs that allow their kind to live secretly among humans. He expects nothing out of the ordinary. Until sexy, smart, aggravating-as-hell Corey Wilson arrives. Older than the others,
Published August 23rd 2011 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Lone Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Wolf

Serena Yates
Sep 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is quite a haunting story, which gripped my attention from page one. What made it so interesting to me is its total realism, I mean, apart from the fact that it is about werewolves, the entire rest of the situation is as ‘real’ as it gets: the politics, the intrigue and the reactions of people trying to protect their interests are all exactly what would happen if some powerful group were to find out that werewolves do exist. They would grab that knowledge, like they did in this book, and tr ...more
Line
Aug 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Lone-Wolf-Sh...
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Werewolves falling in love when the odds are against them is always a good draw. Add secrets, lies and a conspiracy and a reader is in for a suspenseful treat.

The main focus of this latest story by the talented Ms. Munro is about two mismatched men who find each other quite by accident. What follows is a gripping and dramatic tale of heartache, revelations and hope. There’s also a lot of danger and the reason knocked my socks off. I
Meggie
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: shape-shifters
This story was simple and okay, but somehow it was lacking. I couldn't get the emotions for the characters, they were so unreal and bland. The story gave us an interesting view into tutoring session of young werewolves. Specially into teaching them how to shift and embrace their own wolf side, which was interesting to read. But, the romance between Corey and R.J. just didn't feel right. The way their romance was written blah, boring...both of them.

Moniqee
Aug 24, 2011 rated it liked it
The plot is interesting in a sense Shelley incorporated drugs into Lone Wolf but that alone unfortunately can't carried the story to the end. The characters are not strong while the action is just meh ( too easy job ) and I just lost interest at the end.
Ashley
Aug 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
It was just "Eeeh so, so" for me ...
Jody
Aug 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Political intrigue abounds in this sexy read by Shelley Munro that takes place in a world where werewolves have taken their rightful place in society. Through the use of suppression drugs werewolves permeate every sector of society, including The White House. The only place they can run wild is at a camp for youth to experience their animal side before going to live amongst humans. It's here that goth-boy Corey Wilson, the rebellious son of an influential man, meets a man who will forever change ...more
Chris
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Ok paranormal m/m romance about a rebellious young artist who attends a getting in touch with your werewolf camp in Yellowstone and falls for one of the instructors. When he has to return to LA at the end of the course, his father tries to force him to become an architect. This had a number of loose ends, which will perhaps be tied up in the obviously planned sequel... Or perhaps not. I don't plan to read it.
Leah
I was in the mood for a shifter story and picked this up. It was good, with a somewhat new plot but a little all over the place and rushed in its pacing.
Janet
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both Cory and R. J. are lone wolves. It seems that they found just what they both needed. Very good story. I enjoyed it when the kids started with scared, and did not know what to expect. After a while they would whine to be able to stay in wolf form longer. A big difference from before and after. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
Toni L
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having started this book I really wasn't sure I was going to like it. Mostly because of Corey. I found him really objectionable. But the story & characters developed & as often happens, first impressions can be misleading. I ended up enjoying this story that had an interesting take on the whole shifter genre. Builds into a great relationship story between RJ & Corey.
Ed Davis
This was an ok story. After setting up an impossible situation everything was settled quickly and I easily. I also felt there were a lot of unresolved issues.
Charlotte Hodrick
wonderful story
Lenna  Wright-Berry
It was good, had some connection between the mc characters. It's sweet and not overly did in the sex route
Stephanie
Enjoyed the book with an interesting take on wolf life with suppression medication.
Lucy
Aug 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for: http://heartsonfirereviews.com/?p=1398

In the world of Lone Wolf, werewolves are present and are in positions of power in the country. This comes at a price however; mainly all weres are required to take drugs which suppress the ability to shift from human to wolf. It is illegal to shift without permission, and it is illegal to not take the drugs. The fear of losing their history is what makes the jobs of RJ and Hal possible.
RJ and Hal run a summer camp in Yellowstone National Park
D
Mary Kirkland
Jul 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
R.J. helps young werewolves understand their wolf side at the camp he works at and things are going great until an older boy joins the camp, turning his emotions upside down.

Corey is rebellious, sarcastic and completely full of himself. So when he sees something he wants, he goes after it and right now he wants R.J.

A new van load of teenagers has come to the werewolf camp to find out about their werewolf side. For most of them this will be the first shift they've ever experienced. Werewolves
Jj Nightsong
Aug 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifter, m-m
Cover: Pretty standard, actually. A man and wolf.

MC's: Corey, a 22-year-old city boy/wolf with an attitude. RJ, a trainer at wolf camp. Story is told from alternating 3rd person POV's, with one scene (I think) told from a 3rd character's POV.

Confession: After reading the first chapter or two, I skipped to the end, read it, and then skimmed everything in between.

I felt like the premise had possibility, but the story couldn't live up to it. The idea that werewolves exist but have to use drugs to
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
i didn't really like this one it was pretty boring plot wise and the characters weren't really special.

I would recommend this to people that enjoy excessive details for Scenery, or if you are planning to go to Yellowstone you could use this as a tour guide and to find the best hikes. I personally like more plot and character development and less information on mud puddles or how perfectly paint-able the landscaping is. Seemed like half the book was them being tourists taking pictures.

I never saw
Tam
Nov 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, canine-shifters
This is set in a world were werewolves exist but are mandated to take drugs to suppress the ability to change so no one finds out about them. However a few have special permission and there is one program where the rich can send their kids (older teens) to Yellowstone for a few weeks where they learn about their wolf sides. RJ is a counselor and Corey is the rich son of the man who runs LA. Corey is older, 21, goth and not at all interested in the whole process. He wants to be an artist and his ...more
Howling Scribe
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of Male/Male and Shapeshifters
I really liked this book on the whole. Some parts of the book felt a little rushed however like the ending, but I am assuming that is because she had a word limit. I did like the book besides that.

It has a interesting plot, and it had good characters that I liked. R.J. and Corey kinda seemed to fit together, which considering that they were from totally different backgrounds, made it interesting.

Corey definitely knew what he wanted from the moment he laid eyes on R.J. Personally, I don't think R
Sian
Oct 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Worldbuilding seems to interest me lately. I particularly liked the set up for this world, where drugs are used to suppress the "wolf" of shifters, and those that don't take it are violently put down. The excuse for this is that the werewolf community must control themselves if some of their members want to remain in power, but the means of going about this control borders on psychotic.

There is a camp, run by R.J, that allows a couple of rich young teenagers to go bush and in a particular reserv
Susan
Sep 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
I enjoyed how this book took a different approach to shifter society, with the drugs for shift suppression and licences to permit shifting. RJ and Corey made an interesting couple and I liked the way that their relationship was slow to develop even after an initial attraction. I felt the ending of the book was just a little too rushed but from hints offered at the end, I'm hopeful there is more to come in this series.
Melora
Dec 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-in-2011
This story contained a lot of set-up, but lacked in the follow-through. The supression of the wolf nature and the resistance movement against it were left hanging. Corey and R.J. while perfectly plesant didn't stand out for me. We're shown their lust fuled initial attraction then hop a few months later and there's an emotional component involved. I wanted to see that development rather than just be told it existed.
Tj
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice enough story. It is a little different take on shifters. I wish it had been a bit longer and more in depth with the characters' relationship. The ending was abrupt and left way too much hanging without letting on if there was a sequel planned. (I HOPE so since there is just too much left in the air.)
Janie
I just loved Corey from the get go. He was stubborn and just too damn funny. I loved that he managed to convince R.J. to be with him, they were perfect for each other. And I really like that Corey and Teague became good friends. I wish the story would have been longer though.
Shaz
Nov 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, shifters
Summer
I must say this is the first shifter book that did not mention mates. It was an interesting concept with the shifters taking drugs to supress their shifting abilities.
Deanna Against Censorship
This is a gripping story. It speaks of love and acceptance and abuse of power. Well written with real characters (except they are weres). A great scenic backdrop.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Push Pull (Wolf Town, #2)
  • Camwolf
  • Wolf Moon
  • Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows, #6)
  • Hellbourne: Lost and Found (Hellbourne, #1)
  • If All The Sand Were Pearl
  • Russell's Reversal (Lost Shifters #14)
  • Second Chance Bite (Wolf Harem, #1)
  • Surviving the Change
  • First Christmas
  • Out There in the Night
  • On The Ragged Edge Of The World  (Darren & Aden, #2)
  • Bitten (Bite, #2)
  • Coyote's Creed (Broken Mirrors, #1)
  • Volley Balls  (Balls to the Wall #1)
  • Lone
  • Barging in
  • Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna #2)
USA Today Bestselling author, Shelley lives in Auckland, New Zealand with her husband and a rambunctious puppy.

Typical New Zealanders, Shelley and her husband left home for their big OE soon after they married (translation of New Zealand speak - big overseas experience). A year long adventure lengthened to six years of roaming the world. Enduring memories include being almost sat on by a mountain