Start by marking “A Whisper of Rosemary (Medieval Herb Garden, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Whisper of Rosemary (Medieval Herb Garden, #3)

A Whisper of Rosemary

(Medieval Herb Garden #3)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  314 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Knights in shining armor...damsels in distress...adventure, romance and intrigue....

Dirick of Derkland, man of the king, sets off on a mission of revenge after his father’s brutal murder. His mind is bent solely on vengeance until he meets the beautiful Maris of Langumont….

Maris of Langumont has vowed never to wed…but her father must do his duty to protect her, and he prom
Mass Market Paperback
Published 2001 by Avid Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about A Whisper of Rosemary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Whisper of Rosemary

Candace
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sir Dirick of Derkland is on king's business. He is also hunting down a murderer. Lady Maris is a healer and the Lady of Langumont (spelling?). Merle, her father, betroths Maris to Victor D'Arcy. It is a match she does not want because it is Dirick's kisses which stir her blood. When her father dies she is summoned to King Henry. Maris becomes the king's ward. Will King Henry give Maris and the rich lands of Langumont to Victor D'Arcy, or will they go to a stranger? Can Dirick stand by and watch ...more
Pamela
This was a very good book. I truly enjoyed it. It concerns Maris, and Dirick. She is the daughter of a titled lord, and runs her fathers estates. He is a friend of King Henry, and the queen. He has been brought to court to locate a serial killer, who has a twisted soul. His father has been killed by the same man, and the king trusts him. He meets Maris, as he is traveling from estate to estate, looking for clues. The connection between them is surprising because neither is looking for love, and ...more
Irène Wadowski uliasz
j'ai bien aimé cette histoire. je ne ďonne que 4 étoiles à cause de quelques details. J'ai été déçue par la fin choisie par l'auteure et aussi par le manque d'interactions de l'héroïne avec sa mère . Sinon, l'ambiance , l'intrigue, les personnages , tout y est pour vivre un bon moment de détente.
Kathryn T
Mar 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was prepared to give this book an okay rating, until the last part of the book. The ending was terrible! (view spoiler) I would never ...more
Barbara Xedos
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Whisper of Rosemary

What can I say except that this is a wonderful story. The end was beautiful and and very sad but it is a wonderful read. Colleen Gleason is wonderful writer that she makes me feel like I am there watching everything that is happening. This the third story I read but I read them out of sequence. You must read Lavender Vow and this one then the Sanctuary of Roses and then A Lily on the Heath. Colleen Gleason says to read them in that order but I read them in the order which sh
Angela
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Don't know why, but this had my heart pounding in anxiety at one point. I couldn't put it down. Really good!
Lucie
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical historical romance. Well written and engaging, I found A Whisper of Rosemary hard to put down. It includes a mystery with enough plot twists to keep you guessing. I enjoyed this book immensely.
Jacqueline Driggers
A good book, not a great one, but an enjoyable read nonetheless.
Virginia Sande
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Odd ending

Many twists and turns in this medieval romance. The hero and heroine are quite believable. There are a few typos in the book that need fixing.
Grace Burtelson
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot is suspense, twists and turns. Good guys, bad guys and in-between. Culture, love, fondness and brutality.
Kerry Fielding
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't tend to read much romance, let alone historical. But, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The main female character was strong and I will read the others that are in the series.
Joleen
Rosemary is not the name of anyone in the book. It's a scent in soap that Maris uses that the Knight Dirick is attracted to. (These are the two main characters).
Maris' "healer" aspect is an important one in this book and is the reason for a number of story twists.
Dirick does not feel worthy of Maris because he is not a land owner so he has nothing to offer her; Maris only wants to marry for love. Her father decides on a man who is totally wrong for her. A few men who want to marry (own) her brin
 ♥ Suger Honey ♥
Ok this book was so good I was engrossed in it from sitting in the car, booking stirring while holing the book in the other hand I loved it Maris is a strong young main character with just enough vulnerability and a young minded ( instead of thinking like a 30ish life experienced women) which I think this author has nailed it now let's see about dirick I loved him so much he's strong and smexty but also not so macho he can win easily when he's in a fight and can admit his feeling weather his ann ...more
Deliasue
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book takes place in England during the time of lords and ladies, and kings courts. It is about
Makris and Derek, Makris was the daughter of a Lord, spoiled somewhat but a good herbal healer. She loved the people of her kingdom. Her father tried to make her marry a young Lord, she did not love him and leaned on Derek a stranger in her kingdom undercover looking for the murderer of his father and others. They became close friends in the end and fell deeply in love. He was her knight in shining
AnnMarie
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The story kept me captivated from beginning to end. It made me run the tumult of emotions, one minute I would be laughing, the next I could be angry, or crying. A book that can make me feel all that is a great one. I see in a couple of reviews that some people weren't happy about the ending. Yes it was very sudden, but it 'fit', there were no loose ends, and all that happened made sense. I for one also would never give a one star review based on an ending rather than give a review based on the b ...more
Lisa C.
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an unforgettable story from one of my favorite time periods to read about. I don't recall reading anything else by the author, but I will certainly continue this series. The story and characters were outstanding.

The plot had unusual twists and turns, intrigue, romance, suspense and of course, the evil knight who is looking out for his own gains. Great story. It was included in the Five Unforgettable Knights set and it was nice to give different authors a try for a great price.
Angie
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow. Though at times the old language is hard to understand, this book had me glued to it. SO MUCH happened in this book and although at least half of it you could have guessed beforehand, I thought it was still a really full enjoyable experience. I don't give 4 stars that often but I'd say this one earned it.
Crystal
May 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. The only thing that bugged me a little was that the stories were a bit similar in places but there was enough difference between the characters and circumstances to allow one to skip over that.
Mary
Maris is desired by 3 men, all who want her for different reasons. There is a lot of betrayal and misunderstandings (maybe too many?), that thwart "true love" until the end. Add to this the mystery of the serial killer and this book is OK.
Anna
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Meh. Very typical romance with improbably and out-of-character behavior to suit plot needs. Foolishly, I first thought it was a mystery. Bleah.
Leslee
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice little historical. I feel a though I've read it before in some ways. Maybe I have, I like the author.
Fanny
Feb 06, 2014 rated it liked it
A cute story and loveable characters.
Paola
Jan 11, 2018
Monique Kelly
Feb 23, 2017
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 12:30PM
  • The Warrior's Touch (MacEgan Brothers #4)
  • The Groom's Gamble (Bridal Favors, #3.5)
  • A Slight Miscalculation (Half Moon House #1.6)
  • Unwilling (The MacLauchlans, #2)
  • Autumn's Flame (The Graistan Chronicles, #4)
  • The Piano Tutor
  • The Queen's Guard: Violet (The Queen's Guard, #1)
  • A Wizard for Christmas
  • Scoundrel Ever After (Secrets & Scandals, #6)
  • To Take This Lord (The Brides of Bath, #4)
  • Night Betrayed (Envy Chronicles, #4)
  • The Christmas Ball
  • Jewels of Historical Romance
  • Caroline and the Duke
  • The Army Doctor's Forever Baby (Army Doctor's Baby, #0.5)
  • Wedding for a Knight (MacLean, #3)
  • A Highlander for the Holidays
  • A Knight's Persuasion (Knight's, #4)
Award-winning, NEW YORK TIMES and USA Today bestselling author Colleen Gleason has written more than twenty books for major publishers such as Penguin Group, Harlequin Enterprises, Chronicle Books, and HarperCollins (as Joss Ware). Her books have been translated into seven different languages.

Colleen lives in the Midwest United States where she is fortunate enough to be working on her next book.

S

Medieval Herb Garden (4 books)
  • Lavender Vows (The Medieval Herb Garden, #1)
  • Sanctuary of Roses (The Medieval Herb Garden, #2)
  • A Lily on the Heath (Medieval Herb Garden, #4)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)