Start by marking “Ghost Trackers” as Want to Read:
Ghost Trackers

Ghost Trackers

(Ghost Trackers #1)

In this spine-tingling new series, the stars of TV's GHOST HUNTERS introduce readers to a team of paranormal investigators who reunite to defeat a sinister force they unleashed long ago. . . .

For fifteen years, Amber, Drew, and Trevor have barely been able to recall -- let alone explain -- what happened the terrifying night they decided to explore the old, abandoned Lowry
Published September 27th 2011 by Pocket Books (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Trackers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost Trackers

Gwenivere
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Considering the fact that Jason and Grant are some of the best paranormal investigators out there and their nonfiction books scare the s*** out of me, this was extremely disappointing. Obviously this is really Tim Waggoner’s book and they only had a small part in it. I could almost pick out the sections that they had helped with. The story was okay but the characters were flat and the writing was heavy handed and unwieldy. The dialogue was extremely forced to the point of being ridiculous. The s ...more
Todd
Nov 22, 2011 rated it liked it
What do you think of when you think of high school reunions? Bad music, bad food, and hazy memories blurred by alcohol? Well, what if instead of these things you get to encounter mind-altering illusions that you have no control over? Such is the case for Amber, Drew, and Trevor, the main characters in Hawes and Wilson’s fictitious tale of paranormal terror and mystery, Ghost Trackers.

We open the book by being introduced to Amber, Drew, and Trevor, three friends that have been reunited after many
Leeann Sheriff
Apr 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Drew, Amber and Trevor were best buds returning to their home town for the 15 year high school reunion of Ash Creek. Greg Daniels was the kid that followed them as their shadow shows up. Good looking and full of energy.
They begin to talk about what had happened to them one night when they where doing an investigation in the old Lowry House.
John Lowry was the original owner and had killed his wife (Lucille Dessick), son, daughter and then himself. The second owner Russell Stockslager, weird thin
MARQUETTA
Oct 15, 2011 rated it liked it
I am familiar with the show Ghost Hunters but have never watched it. I love watching movies where the plot revolves around hauntings and possessions. For me, that's more scary than a guy walking around in a mask with a machete in hand.

Ghost Trackers got off to a great start. The plot had me completely enagaged and there were several "ewww" moments that had me anxious to read what was going to happen next. Towards the middle, the story kind of stalled and I started to lose interest. This could be
Tyler Mickelson
May 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Mild suspense through out the book, but the ending was abrupt an obvious. Not a bad read, but not the greatest either.
Chrissi Gesme
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
expected more
Christi Massey
Feb 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought, 2018-done
This had good parts, but overall wasn't nearly as awesome as I thought it'd be. Fell more into the eye-roll, "Oh, like that'd ever happen" category. Yes, it's fiction, but still. Wish there'd been more scary content.
Michael
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
The first time I learned SyFy was airing a show called Ghost Hunters, I remember being so excited. I mean, as a kid, that's what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be the next Hans Holzer. I couldn't wait to see it. And half way through it, I remember thinking, What a crock of shit! I know, I know. It's SyFy. But still... So when I saw that Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson teamed up with Tim Waggoner (author of Pandora Drive and Darkness Wakes, the only Waggoner books I've read to date), to ...more
Morgan
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
If you have no idea who Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson are, and you have relatively little knowledge of the paranormal, then I think you would enjoy this novel. The characters are likable, the plot is decent and moves along, and the imagery can be positively chilling at times. Nothing great, but definitely a fun, thrilling, easy read.

Unfortunately I'm jaded....

I love reading both paranormal fiction and non-fiction and I've watched more paranormal reality shows and documentaries than you've even
Sinn
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I admit it, when I saw the authors of this book, I was more inclined to buy it. Having experience being ghost hunters, I figured Grant and Jason would have a good idea what would make a pretty good ghost story. I'm not sure whether it was the mood I was in or the story itself, but the book really, really creeped me out!

The story follows Amber, Drew, and Trevor reconnecting after a scary night 15 years ago. After all three connected in high school over a joint fascination with the paranormal, the
Melissa
Oct 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a work of fiction brought to you by the same guys who investigate ghosts in Syfy's Ghost Hunters. In this book you have 3 teens who loved to investigate hauntings within their town. One night they went to the scariest house in town. Afterword, the house burned down and the three friends ended up in a comatose state for a short while. However, it resulted in all of them losing their memories of what happened that night and even some of their high school years.

In the years to come they all
Lorri
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, even though it was a bit slow at the beginning. Three friends begin paranormal investigations during high school. They eventually decide to check out one of the most talked about places in town, the Lowry house, but what happens that night, changes all of them forever. Amber spends countless hours with a therapist and takes many pills. Trevor travels around the world investigating haunted places, and Drew becomes a psychiatrist. None of them have close relationships or remembe ...more
Cheryl
Oct 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Back in high school, Amber, Drew and Trevor were good friends. They had all hear rumors of the Lowry House but they decided to check the house out for themselves. It was a night that they will never forget. Something evil was lurking into the house waiting for them. They barely escaped.

Now, fifteen years later, Amber, Drew and Trevor reunite for their high school reunion. The house may be gone but the evil still lurks. Only this time the evil wants Amber, Drew and Trevor for good.

I have watche
Starr Gardinier
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
A paranormal novel that is much more than the title suggests. Drew, Amber and Trevor come back together after fifteen years for a class reunion. As teenagers, they were interested in everything unnatural and the Lowry House was their prime target. They went in the house, but when they came back out were unable to remember what occurred. But now, many years later Greg, another classmate who wanted merely to be their friend, not only led them to but put them smack dab in the middle of a very dange ...more
Regan
Sep 19, 2012 rated it did not like it
We read a lot of paranormal books; anything from fiction to memoirs. When my fiance' and I picked this book up we had minimal expectations, only to put it down three chapters into it. We were highly unsatisfied, and thoroughly disappointed. We had hoped that the famed duo Grant Wilson and Jason Hawes would have been able to create a better story than this.

The major area of frustration was what seemed to be a lack of editing. The words seemed thrown together creating a rough and bumpy ride. Ther
Katy
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal, supernatural, ghosts
Recommended to Katy by: Goodreads First Reads
Shelves: first-reads-book
Trevor, Amber and Drew were friends in high school, pulled together by their common interest in the paranormal. All that ended in their senior year when they investigated the local haunted house – Lowry House. Something happened that night – something so traumatic that none of them have any memories of that night. Now, 15 years later, they’ve come together again for a reunion, but weird things are happening. Is the evil of the Lowry House still there? Will they remember what happened in time?

Thi
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
The story had its fair share of cliches, but at the same time it had enough interesting content that I wanted to find out what happened at the end (and I wound up reading it in about a day and a half, so it wasn't too wordy or long either). The writing itself was also fine, aside from a few descriptions that could have been cut down or cut out entirely. The dialogue could have used a lot of editing. At times it felt like the author(s) threw in bigger words just for the sake of it, and the charac ...more
Kay
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book. Of course I am partial to Jason and Grant, it would have crushed me if the story was really bad.

It's about a group of 3 30 something friends that get invited to their high school reunion by a guy that used to tag along with their group because he had a crush on the girl, Amber. Murders start happening and the 3 friends had lost all memories of going to investigate the paranormal at The Lowry House. They decide to find out what's going on and how to get their memorie
Craig
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Grant Wilson and Jason Hawes are connected with a television program that I've never made the occasion to watch, but I suspect the only substantial connection is the syfy channel logo on the cover; it reads like a nice Tim Waggoner novel. It takes two of the most common tropes of popular horror movies of bygone years, the outcast-kid-who-gets-violent-revenge-at-the-high-school-reunion and the-haunted-house-that's-built-on-an-evil-place, and combines them into a fine, spooky tale with a nice sin- ...more
Becca
Nov 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I was given this book and was very excited to read it due to the authors and their amazing non-fiction writing. The plot was fairly interesting, although I was often distracted by excessive descriptions and ;inclusions not important to the plot. Overall, however, I really did like this book. I think that with a little more practice with fiction this might turn out to be a good series. Some of the dialogue, especially the one-liners, are VERY true to Hawes and Wilson. That is much of what would a ...more
Debra
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Boring....slow.....really tried to get into this book. It just barely plodded along. The plot was very good, quite original which is why I gave it three stars instead of two. I'm truly disappointed because I love the Ghost Hunter series and the paranormal/horror genre, I really thought I'd love it and never want to put it down. I wanted to put it down alright, unfortunately it was before I was finished and I had to fight with myself to finish the damn thing!
Kate
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book because I've been a fan of the show "Ghost Hunters" for a while now and had read their two books that told their own experiences. The plot of the book was interesting, but unfortunately the writing didn't quite cut it. There was an awful lot of description, especially regarding what the characters were wearing and I found this distracting. However, I still enjoyed the book for what it was, and fun ghost story, and I'll be keeping an eye out for any other books they write!
Colleen Criswell
Mar 08, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked the start of the book...it started out interesting enough....the idea was a good and solid start...but then about half way through it made a total left turn into rather poor structure and rather poor story telling. It was rather disappointing and by the end I felt like the book would never end. I am a huge Ghost Hunters fan...but this book was more Ghost Adventures nonsense.
S
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
It was a slow start, and middle, but it kept my interest all the same. Towards the end of the book the characters and action really picked up and I liked the way things played out. I definitely saw a lot of potential and I'm sure I'll pick up the next book and read it. I just won't be at the bookstore the day of release feeling like I must have it.
Naomi
Sep 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
For the life of me, I can't figure out why the guys aren't promoting this book. Look on all their sites, you can't find it mentioned anywhere!! I tripped over this book accidently! I loved their non-fiction books and this one was right up there! It was good and creepy reading, which took a bit to take off, but once it did, I loved it. This is def. a series I will continue on with.
Linda
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was very good and It was nice reading a fictional book by Jason and Grant. I liked the end and the style of the novel. It is a very good book, even though I much prefer the books with the investigations in them, but it was still very good.
Rhonda Rosenberger
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Being a fan of Jason and Grant's Ghost Hunters on SyFy, it was a must read for me.
Gina
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was awful. Jason should stick to his Ghost Hunters show and leave writing fiction alone.
Purfectcom2
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really enjoyed this booK. The story itself was good it never lost my attention which is sometimes easy to do. :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • House of Spirits & Whispers: The True Story of a Haunted House
  • Destination Truth: Memoirs of a Monster Hunter
  • The Ghost from the Sea (Haunting Danielle #8)
  • Dark Side of Sunset Pointe (Lance Underphal Mystery #1)
  • Grave Seasons (A Maddie Graves Mystery #8)
  • The Ghost Hunter: Chilling Tales of Real Life Hauntings
  • Ordinary Souls
  • Entombed (Gravediggers, #3)
  • Dog Walker
  • Spouse on Haunted Hill (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #8)
  • The World's Most Haunted Places: From the Secret Files of Ghostvillage.com
  • Beneath a Mountain Moon
  • Haunted Tales (Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery, #15)
  • Midnight Games (Fear Street Nights, #2)
  • Haunted America