Start by marking “Take a Chance on Me” as Want to Read:
Take a Chance on Me

Take a Chance on Me

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Accept no substitute for love.

The Lady Doth Protest Too Much

Jessica Martin is determined to earn a permanent teaching position at Summit High School. That means hard work, dedication, and even volunteering extra time to direct the school s Shakespeare play. Which leaves no room for romance especially with a co-worker. She didn t factor in the school s sexy security officer
Published February 22nd 2011 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Take a Chance on Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take a Chance on Me

MBR
An Adorable 4 Star Contemporary Romance

Take a Chance on Me is my first Kate Davies and it definitely is not going to be my last if Ms. Davies can spin a tale such as this one which contains all the right elements that makes a romance so worth your time. The setting in this romance is a unique one. I say this because I don’t remember reading an adult romance that takes place in a high school, unless it involves high school students. This title took me into unchartered waters and delivered a ver
Siany
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2011
A brilliant story.

We are having a lovely Easter weekend and due to an injury I am stuck indoors leg propped up and not able to do much of anything except read.

I have read some very good books the last few days and I have to say this is my favourite.
I loved all of the characters especially Tom and Jessica. The storyline was really good and I couldnt put it down once I started. (Started it this a.m and not long finished it).

I admit I downloaded this for the Kindle based on the description "Warning
Kim
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing

This book was recommended to me and it did not disappoint.

I could not put this book down. I love stories that are about teachers and this was great.

I could completely relate to Jessica and her desire to prove herself in hopes to obtain a permanant teaching position. Kate Davies also described the school atmosphere perfectly.

I loved the instant attraction between Jessica and Tom. The sexual tension had me biting my nails. Loved it!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Feb 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: misc-ebooks
Tom is in charge of security at Summit High School, because of an incident he was involved in, he has blocked relationships out of his life. Jessica is a substitute teacher, who has sworn off relationships until she gets a hired on permanently as a teacher. Both of them are committed to making a difference in teenagers lives.

Sparks start flying, after a misunderstanding on Jessica's first day of school. The journey to the HEA is sweet with a little bit of drama. Jessica's compassion for what To
Laurie Ryan
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This story captured my attention from the very beginning. The attraction between Jessica and Tom is there from almost the first page and Ms. Davies keeps it amped up. Boy, does she keep it amped up. :) I could not put this story down and read it in three days. I was drawn to the conflict between these two. This story felt real and I highly recommend it. Take a chance on this book. You won’t be disappointed.
Hayley
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Take a Chance on Me has a brilliant summation of the book’s naughty bits in its blurb: “This book contains sexy encounters in classrooms, inappropriate use of school facilities, backstage shenanigans, and illicit activities on a ferryboat.” Ferryboat? How can this NOT be a must read?

Full review here: http://www.imwithgeek.com/books/betwe...
Beerchen
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
OMG!just what i needed!i usually dont write reviews but i had to make an exception for this book.it was both sweet and hot (a rarely well executed combo,if you ask me), i adored both main characters (also not usually the case for me) and i didnt want it to end....it left me on a fluffy cloud of happiness,complete with a goofy grin and the occasional content sigh :)
Natalija
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Mickey Spillane said, "The first chapter sells the book; the last chapter sells the next book." With Take a Chance on Me, it was the first scene that sold this book to me. I instantly fell in love with these characters and rooted for them throughout the story. A definite must read!
Mars
May 27, 2012 added it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
I picked it up because of the cute premise. Unfortunately it didn't deliver; the ending was boring and a bit cheesy.
Cynthia
Mar 03, 2011 marked it as to-read
Won from Desert Island Keepers (DIK)
Katie(babs)
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was ok
Has a cute premise, but just didn't feel the connection between the hero and heroine.
Nicole
Mar 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very cute contemporary romance.
Erika Smith
Sep 27, 2012
Kara Parks
Jun 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
  • When One Night Isn't Enough (Madrin Memorial Hospital, #1)
  • Man Trouble
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Grace Under Pressure
  • Secret Admirer
  • Tangled Lies (Men Made In America 2 #11)
  • Hot Shot
  • Undercover Lovers
  • Far From Perfect
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)
  • What She Wants (Cape May, #1)
  • In the Marshal's Arms
  • Fight or Flight
  • Wishful Thinking
  • Absolution (Honor Guard, #1)
  • Every Breath She Takes
  • The Departed (FBI Psychics, #2)
  • Anything You Want (Anything and Everything, #1)

“He was quiet, yet fiercely devoted to his job. He hid a delightful sense of humor beneath a calm exterior. He approached life with a cool demeanor, but set her on fire with his passionate kisses.
Tom Cameron was a study in contrasts, and there was nothing Jessica wanted more than to continue studying him.”
0 likes