Start by marking “Dreaming While Awake: Techniques for 24-Hour Lucid Dreaming” as Want to Read:
Dreaming While Awake: Techniques for 24-Hour Lucid Dreaming

Dreaming While Awake: Techniques for 24-Hour Lucid Dreaming

3.56  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Subtle signs of particular meaning that we tend to miss, ignore or misinterpret during waking hours become the seeds of our night dreams. In this text, Dr Mindell asserts that in order to utlilize the power of dreaming, we must notice these clues. He provides powerful dreaming applications for body work, chronic symptom work and relationshsip therapies.
Published October 1st 2000 by Hampton Roads Publishing Company (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Dreaming While Awake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreaming While Awake

George
Feb 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book via the suggestion of a Facebook friend (thanks Nathan!). The core concept of this book is to encourage you to develop your ability to experience lucid dreaming 24 hours a day. To people who are heavily tied to objective logic, this book is completely irrational and does nothing but suggest that people develop inner delusions. I wouldn't recommend it to Ayn Rand fans for example. But to those who are willing to forgo logic and perhaps even language, and move into the realm of fe ...more
Steve Woods
This book has been a life changer for me. After some 7 years of serious meditation much has happened. There have been instances where there has been simple acceptance, as insubstantial phenomenon has allowed the continued occurence and the expansion of my experience of another level of perception that I did not really understand and which I did not really see as being linked except as something that has arisen as the result of my practice. This book takes those experiences and places them within ...more
R
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
I guess the concepts, as others have said, are interesting enough, but his presentation and his propensity for redefining terms to suit his ends are too annoying to make this a beneficial, let alone enjoyable read. Best avoided all together.
Iona  Stewart
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I ordered this book because I thought it had something to do with lucid dreaming, though it didn’t really, not lucid dreaming in the conventional sense, and because I love and admire Arnold Mindell.

This must be the deepest book I’ve ever read through to the end, and the most difficult to comprehend. I had to read most of the sentences several times. Mindell has his own vocabulary for things, and some parts of the book might have been more comprehensible had this not been the case.

The book is abo
Joanna Pilatowicz
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With Arnold Mindell books it is like this: you need to keep on reading them and you are never done. Every time you open it, you again may discover another layer of reality.
Cristina
May 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is quite inspiring and helpful to our every day life. I say that because it tells us and shows us how our hidden feelings affect our life. It provides readers techniques to help to sort out problems, in which most of the problems are caused by the hidden feelings we had but being neglected for a long time. In order to notice those hidden feelings, we need to be lucid all the time, not only during dream state but also during waking state. If we achieve that, life will be easier and much ...more
Melissa Luna
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Although I appreciated the content and intention of this book, three stars is being generous. I found the writing to be childish and redundant, therefore, irritating. I like the concepts though and would still recommend checking it out.
Beth
Jan 13, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: soft-sciences
I found this book very annoying to read because of the way it was written. It was choppy. Mindell's concepts are better represented in his other books.
Eugene Pustoshkin
Прекрасная книга для перечитывания.
A'lynn
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-ebooks
Kindle Ebook
KM
Dec 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Interesting concepts, but a little hard to follow.
OneiroDancer
Jun 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: saggi, spiritualità
Mi aspettavo molto da questo libro, ma speravo in un approccio più pratico... troppo teorico per essere interessante.
Brujakitty
Dec 24, 2014
Therese Hicks
Jun 05, 2017
Ray
rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2009

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Tibetan Peach Pie: A True Account of an Imaginative Life
    $9.74 $1.99
  • AWOL on the Appalachian Trail
    $3.99 $1.99
“You are born in a human form, and you find joy in it. Yet there are ten thousand other forms endlessly transforming that are equally good, and the joy in these is untold. The sage dwells among those things, which can never be lost, and so he lives forever. He willingly accepts early death, old age, the beginning and the end, and serves as an example for everyone.63” 0 likes