Start by marking “Gemstone” as Want to Read:
Gemstone

Gemstone

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  282 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Barbara Delinsky shares her special magic in this poignant tale, first published in 1983, of past mistakes and second chances.

Published October 13th 2009 by William Morrow (first published November 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Gemstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gemstone

Season
Jan 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was a little too wordy for me, not enough dialoge. Could have used a little less description also, but otherwise, it was a simple read, nice on a quiet day.
Merrin
I read this book because my friend and I bought each other romance bundles at half price, but duuuuuuuude.

So it's from 1983 and reads like it. It has all the high powered ladies with shoulder pads empowerment you expect from the era, along with a whole heaping of emotional manipulation from the dude on the question of motherhood. So pointed, in fact, that the orphaned child of their dead best friends is used as a bargaining chip to manipulate her into a marriage of convenience, which is only ac
Louise
Mar 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: women-s-fiction
This was a nice, easy, afternoon read!

From back cover:

"It's been eight years since Sara McCray has seen her ex-husband, Jeff Parker, after she fled their San Francisco mansion and stifling life controlled by his domineering mother. But the naive young bride has returned a confident woman with her own business. Jeff, too, has changed. Since his mother's death he's become his own man, masterfully in control of the family business and estate.

When they meet, the strong attraction that brought them t
Skate Penny
Ohh. It's really a lovely romantic novel. Very easy to read. At first I thought... what kind is this? Just because of a very shallow and petty proposal they're gonna remarry? But then I realized the depth of the decisions that they made. Tugged my heartstrings to the fullest! It's not my fave Delinsky book though but it's alright. Hihi. :)
Rita
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my least favorite of Barbara Delinsky's books that I've read so far. It seemed almost feudal in the relationship between Jeff and Sara. He can't possibly believe the situation he's set up for her will be acceptable, and....well, it's just not as believable a story as I usually enjoy from this author.
Aryan
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Greetings,
I have read this book earlier which made me go through gaining knowledge on gemstones.
And so i visited Gemstoneuniverse which is located in bangalore and had a wonderful experience over there. It have variety of jyotish quality gemstones at http://www.gemstoneuniverse.com

VLynch
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama
Another good Barbara Delinsky book, not as raw or as emotional as While my Sister Sleeps or a few of her other books. This one is more of a cold winter pajama day wrapped up in a Snuggie sipping hot chocolate easy to read romance. As always the writing and storyline flows effortless.
April Suter
Very 80's glamour. Sara and her ex has been divorced for 8 years and she comes home to a funeral for their friends and Jeff has the couple's little girl. He makes a crazy proposal and maybe it just might work.
306 pages
Tina
2.5 stars.
Kay
Jun 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast reading love story. The deal is made but the two lovers must finally admit to each other that they have that lasting love. An interesting story but not too much meat to it.
Linda Marie
Dec 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite Barbara Delinsky book, hands down. The book is very 80s, but at the heart is a great love story. I have gone back to re-read several times.
Becky
Jan 21, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was my first Barbara Delinsky book I read. I liked it very much. A good read
Trish Mitchell
i really enjoyed this books but then again i haven't read one of her books i didn't like
Linda
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Courtship of Carol Sommars
  • Lost Yesterday
  • This Time Forever
  • Military Daddy (Mounted Color Guard, #2)
  • Dream a Little Dream
  • The Night Remembers
  • Twins
  • Always and Forever
  • Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man (Amanda Bell Brown Mystery, #1)
  • Wicked Eddies (An RM Outdoor Adventures Mystery #2)
  • Lace II
  • A Woman of Cairo
  • Tangled Vines
  • Chocolate for a Teen's Soul: Life-Changing Stories For Young Women About Growing Wise and Growing Strong
  • Kindred Spirits
  • Season of Passion
I was born and raised in suburban Boston. My mother’s death, when I was eight, was the defining event of a childhood that was otherwise ordinary. I took piano lessons and flute lessons. I took ballroom dancing lessons. I went to summer camp through my fifteenth year (in Maine, which explains the setting of so many of my stories), then spent my sixteenth summer learning to type and to drive (two sk ...more
More about Barbara Delinsky...