Start by marking “Flight of the Raven (Ark #2)” as Want to Read:
Flight of the Raven (Ark #2)

Flight of the Raven (Ark #2)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This powerful sequel to Welcome to the Ark follows the story of gifted, troubled runaway Elijah Raymond, the terrorists who take him in, and his perilous journey to freedom.
Published August 11th 2009 by BookSurge Publishing (first published October 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Flight of the Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flight of the Raven

Crystal
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, 2017
I really liked the first book, but this one was just meh. This was my second time reading it and I didn't like it any more than the first time. Everything just fell a bit flat for me and I didn't like most of the characters or the plot.
Jacob Hayes
The book is a interesting book about a kid who broke out of a mental hospital. and they gave him a good story and a raven that has kept watching over him. but at first the book is not really all that interesting but it gets more interesting with the new charaters and the new setting and what they thought about the boy then and now because the opinions change some just did not like him at all a he thought that the boy was a waste of time and kept badmouthing him. in his mind everytime he closes h ...more
George Ilsley
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Set in a near future North American dystopia, where some people have different abilities. I've labelled this one "fantasy" but really there is little in here that does not exist. The Militia, however, would be attracting much more serious attention from the US government than happens in this book. However, I enjoyed this book a great deal. Shamanic elements combined with domestic terrorism and the uneasy co-existence between the two. When is it ok to resist evil? Does resisting evil make you evi ...more
Stephanie A.
Good companion novel to The Ark, perhaps even a little more interesting due to the remote survivalist setting and showing things from the perspective of the resistance fighters (a.k.a. domestic terrorists). I appreciated the format being straightforward text this time. I was a little surprised it didn't catch up to the epilogue at the end of book 1, leaving the story feeling unfinished, but I did see a lot of interesting parallels to the current political climate in the U.S.
Catherine
Feb 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I enjoyed the issues this book brought up. I didn't know it was a sequel, but I felt it was able to stand on its own without making me feel that I didn't know the whole story.

This book can be used as a leader into discussions on population control, ESP, human connectedness, terrorism, biowar, power, politics. I really enjoyed all the questions it made me think of. I like books that make me think.
Kathee
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YA. Follow up to Welcome to the Ark. Still interesting POV.
Dottie
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although geared to middle andn high schoolers, it makes you think about so many important issues. Whether it's autism, biowar, disfunctional families....the writing is so interesting.
Magda
May 11, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, childrens
Quite enjoyable.
Shaunesay
I didn't like this one as well as the first, but I'm glad to not be left hanging about what happened to Elijah! Still goof though.
Brittney
Feb 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I liked this one even better than "Welcome to the Ark," but it is a sequel so read the other one first. They're both really good.
Kimberly Bega
Jan 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Galax-Arena
  • Devious: A 9th Circle Prequel Short Story
  • Wolf's Rain, Vol. 2 (Wolf's Rain, #2)
  • Twin Sisters
  • Mermaid's Gaze, Vol. 3
  • Where Have the Unicorns Gone?
  • Devil on My Back (Arc One, #1)
  • The Reluctant God
  • Ghosts (Hex, #3)
  • Starbridge (Starbridge, #1)
  • Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)
  • Into the Woods (Eden sisters, #1)
  • Toy Dance Party: Being the Further Adventures of a Bossyboots Stingray, a Courageous Buffalo, and a Hopeful Round Someone Called Plastic  (Toys, #2)
  • The Swordbearer
  • Jumping the Scratch
  • Secret Sacrament (Secret Sacrament, #1)
  • Wonderland
  • Parkland
Stephanie S. Tolan's earliest memories involve books. Those that were read to her and those she read to herself, often late at night with a flashlight under the covers. She always thought there was a special magic in the little black marks on paper that could turn into whole worlds and real people. Born in Ohio and raised in Wisconsin, she wrote her first story in the fourth grade. It was thrillin ...more
More about Stephanie S. Tolan...

Ark (2 books)
  • Welcome to the Ark (Ark, #1)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99