Start by marking “Zweifrontenkrieg (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2)” as Want to Read:
Zweifrontenkrieg (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2)

Zweifrontenkrieg

(Star Trek: New Frontier #3)

Ein neues Schiff ...
Eine neue Mannschaft ...
Eine neue Mission!

Seit Anbeginn der Föderationsgeschichte wird Sektor 221-G von den Thallonianern, einer grausamen, militärischen Rasse, beherrscht. Über sie ist wenig bekannt – außer dass sie die anderen Rassen in ihrem Sektor mit eiserner Hand regieren. Nach der Zerschlagung des Thallonianischen Imperiums entsteht ein Machtvaku
Published February 10th 2011 by Cross Cult (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Zweifrontenkrieg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zweifrontenkrieg

Alejandro
With the hands full of threats!

ALONE AGAINST THE WHOLE SECTOR

Captain Mackenzie Calhoun, in command of the USS Excalibur, isn't your usual type of Starfleet captain, he isn't Terran, he is from the planet Xenex, where he was known as, M'k'n'zy of Calhoun there, and he liberated his whole homeworld from alien oppression, before he'd become adult...

...Captain Picard sees something in him, obviously he was an impressive person, being a planetary hero, but beyond his freedom fighter skills, Picar
Lexxi Kitty
A better more coherent entry in this series - a more complete novel, though it is still obvious that David wrote a 1000 page book and then broke it down into four parts (what with the 'set up' in first book, the second that didn't have much occur but for flying towards then initial events in the 'space in conflict', and then this one here, more complete story but still ended abruptly on a cliffhanger; plus the individual books appear one month apart way back in 1997).

There's a good chance that,
Craig
May 15, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
I thought this was the lowest point in this series thus far. Pretty much nothing happened until the end with the cliffhangers on both main story threads. The pool scene pretty much made me throw up in my mouth. Overall this story was pretty thin here and I thought it could have been better.
Rob
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part of a four book set, all together it is a good story, By itself it feels not quite a complete book. This was a Good Read. but do read them all.
Dan
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
What a great book! I liked the first in the series a great deal. The second one was only perhaps 90 percent as good. I expected a slow letdown as the series continued. The third novel sure surprised me. I liked it even better than the first! The humor and dialogue is what really made this novel work for me. As a writer myself – my MFA is in Creative Writing - I sit back in awe at David's uncanny ability to make a scene come alive, and he writes the dialogue I wish I could.

This is another short b
Sean Randall
Apr 16, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Who am I to judge you?" asks Mackenzie Calhoun, "I am someone who knows what it's like to deal with someone like me."

It's all still there - the laughs, the character development, the inexorable rolling on of the plot. This time, of course, things are heating up.

naturally, it's all gone wrong and also naturally, it's all gone wrong at once. Kebron and Si Cwan have lost their ship and were the sole occupiers of a second during its complete obliteration which, if it weren't for the very early plac
Amy Softa
Just when I think I might want to take a break from this series Mr. David gives us a huge cliffhanger at the end… I am being won over to his writing style though. He does cliffhangers really well, even from chapter to chapter. He knows how to build suspense and write good action sequences. I’m still happy that the familiar TV characters remain in reference instead of in action. I just don’t agree with how he portrays them, in this series at least. He did write one of the more famous Trek books I ...more
Dianah
Aug 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 100-books, star-trek
This is the crew bonding book in the series. Soleta and Selar learn each others secrets while Cwan and Zak have to team up against Cwan's arch enemy.

I didn't enjoy this as much as the first two books, but there was a moment in the book where I was actually surprised by what happened. Well, I was surprised with "how" something happened. The "what" had been foreshadowed to the point of annoyance. That surprise allows this book to maintain the 5-star rating.

Now to see if book #4 will maintain the
Phillip
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in the series and it has me doubting whether I should continue with New Frontier. All the wisecracking and killing ... this seems Star Wars than Star Trek. Not many of the Excalibur officers seem to hold their Starfleet bearing, and the captain is the most un-Starfleet of all. I'm going to see how book four is, but just not impressed with the quality of New Frontier right now.
Rich Meyer
Another quick one in the Captain Calhoun/New Frontier series. There's a lot of action in these, and they're very episodic. One would think they'd be better as TV episodes than novellas. I guess it's cheaper to write shorter books for the e-book market than try to reboot a franchise. Pity. These books take less time to read than a normal Star Trek episode. They aren't bad, as Peter David is one of the best Star Trek writers out there, but they could use this concept for so much more...
Mandy
Jan 08, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek, 2011
The potential to be a very good book is definitely there with this one, but it's a bit too dependent on its being part of a series. It picks up in the middle of something, and ends there too. If I were to really enjoy this book I'd have to be reading the entire series, and I don't much care for books like that. While I prefer to read a series in order, I don't think such a thing should be integral to a book's cohesion or comprehensibility.
Kathleen
I like the way Si Cwan and Zak Kebron really hit their stride as a duo here. I freaking loved the way Zak lies straight faced about his past to get Si Cwan to identify him. Much as I love Vulcans I feel like the Selar plot is taking too long with its heavy focus on Pon Farr. Pon Farr should be used sparingly, not as a defining character trait.
Eric
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Series is getting better as it goes on. Love the way the storyline carries over from book to book instead of the author trying to rush to get to the climax of each plot. It's just like watching the old TV series. Characters grow very nicely learning new traits every new book. Real fun.
Jonathan
Better
Johnny
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Things really rev up at this point in the story. It's a gritty captain and a more dangerous/vulgar look at StarFleet than I've seen in other novels. Enjoying the series.
Karlen
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quick, fun read for fans of Star Trek. Looking forward to the last book as I'm enjoying the characters.
Sharon
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
I'm moving on to book 4! I wish they could have made this into a series.
Jarrod
Oct 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Series... Even if Selar has issues.
Paul
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: si-fi
I like this Calhoun guy; Great ending.. ("Kill them all and bring it on" to paraphrase) Looking forward to the next one.
K
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
Fratrem Ozomahtli
So far probably the funniest of the first three. Si Cwan and Zak Kebron are freaking great.
Travis
Jan 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
This series gets better as the cast is in place and things start to happen. Nice mix of new characters and Trek history.
Would have made a good TV series.
Apostolos
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
pretty good
Shannon Appelcline
Things start happening; generally good with increasingly interesting characters.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, star-trek
Vintage Peter David.
David Palazzolo
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
see vol 4 of this series.
Michael Holloway
Mar 09, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Oh dear. Somehow David has found a way to make his characters even more stereotypical, and the plot astoundingly obvious.
Brian
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another in the series of interesting story line and almost totally unlikable crew members.
Michael Zuffa
Oct 21, 2017
  • Vectors (Star Trek: Double Helix #2)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • Rogue (Star Trek: Section 31, #2)
  • Dujonian's Hoard (Star Trek: The Captain's Table, #2)
  • The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, #4)
  • Avatar Book Two of Two (Star Trek Deep Space Nine)
  • Demons of Air and Darkness
  • Armageddon Sky (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Day of Honor #2)
  • Doors Into Chaos (Star Trek: Gateways, #3)
  • Q-Strike (Star Trek: The Next Generation #49; The Q Continuum, #3)
  • First Strike (Star Trek, #79; Invasion!, #1)
  • The Fall of Terok Nor (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Millennium, #1)
  • A Time to Sow (Star Trek: A Time to... #3)
  • A Time to Kill (Star Trek: A Time to... #7)
  • Avenger (Star Trek: Odyssey, #3)
  • Tunnel Through the Stars (Star Trek: The Dominion War, #3)
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum

Star Trek: New Frontier (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • House of Cards (Star Trek: New Frontier, #1)
  • Into the Void (Star Trek: New Frontier, #2)
  • End Game (Star Trek: New Frontier, #4)
  • Martyr (Star Trek: New Frontier, #5)
  • Fire on High (Star Trek: New Frontier, #6)
  • The Quiet Place (Star Trek: New Frontier, #7)
  • Dark Allies (Star Trek: New Frontier, #8)
  • Requiem (Star Trek: New Frontier, #9)
  • Renaissance (Star Trek: New Frontier, #10)
  • Restoration (Star Trek: New Frontier, #11)
“If I have a bow and arrow, Commander, I don't shoot a padded shaft to my target's left in order to express my annoyance. I fire a steel-tipped arrow into his leg.” 1 likes