Start by marking “Private London (Private #4)” as Want to Read:
Private London (Private #4)

Private London (Private #4)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  13,499 Ratings  ·  915 Reviews
SOMETIMES WHEN THE NIGHTMARE ENDS - THE TERROR IS ONLY JUST BEGINNING

Published 2011 by Century

To ask other readers questions about Private London, please sign up.

Gabriel Good point,
here is the correct description as it appears on other editions

"For Hannah Shapiro, a beautiful young American student, this particular…more
Good point,
here is the correct description as it appears on other editions

"For Hannah Shapiro, a beautiful young American student, this particular nightmare began eight years ago in Los Angeles, when Jack Morgan, owner of Private - the world's most exclusive detective agency - saved her from a horrific death. She has fled her country, but can't flee her past. The terror has followed her to London, and now it is down to former Royal Military Police Sergeant Dan Carter, head of Private London, to save her all over again.

In central London, young women are being abducted off the street. When the bodies are found, some days later, they have been mutilated in a particularly mysterious way. Dan Carter's ex-wife, DI Kirsty Webb, is involved in the investigation and it looks likely that the two cases are gruesomely linked.

Dan Carter draws on the whole resources of Private International in a desperate race against the odds. But the clock is ticking... Private may be the largest and most technologically advanced detection agency in the world, but the only thing they don't have is the one thing they need - time.

James Patterson's white-knuckle rollercoaster has just reached London. Buckle up, it's one hell of a ride!"

I've tried to change the description, but I can't, I assume only a goodreads staff member can do it(less)

Mark
At the end of Chapter 108, (this man writes in incredibly short breathy chapters and there are tons of them), Patterson has his hero saying, on being asked if he is ready for a fight, 'I resisted the temptation to say that I was born ready '. Throughout this novel I think it is probably the only hard man/tough guy cliche he does resist. Every cocky, cool, hip or wanky (choose your term) phrase that has ever passed the lips of a cocky, cool, hip, wanky bloke passes this wanker's lips (oops sorry ...more
Chelsey the crazy cat lady
the second crime book I've read and loved it. There were a few twists I didn't see coming and then there were things I suspected. It's a hard book to put down
Charlotte Smith
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loving this series wish he could bring more out where private is set around the world
Charlotte Smith
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forgot how good this book is.
Ms. Nikki
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
I did not like London.
I liked Jack. I did not like Dan.
Jack is smooth (book one). Dan is cocky (and wrong...a lot).
Too many characters and threads being pulled and maneuvered to get any real grip on this story. Very thin writing led to unsatisfying conclusions and a story wrapped up quickly, but was complicated getting there.

I listened to this on audio and it did nothing to enhance my interest. Most likely not the narrator's fault. Let's leave that to the writer himself.

Nicole Alycia
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Plot twist after plot twist.
I absolutely loved it! I loved the new characters, I loved the story, and I loved the conclusion. I cannot wait to read more from the London office! Until then I'll have to find myself a copy of Private Berlin to see how the German team does!
Kat Lebo
Feb 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
Private London Review

I’m not through with this book yet, but felt compelled to review it anyway. And I’m sorry, but this will not be a favorable review. If you’re a fan of the Private series – stop reading now.

Although I am not an avid reader of James Patterson novels, I do like his novels, particularly the Alex Cross series and the Women’s Murder Club. So, I feel I’m acquainted with his style. That said, I think the only thing about this particular book that reeks of James Patterson is his name
Matt
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
I listened to the audiobook and was not all that impressed with the book at all. Perhaps it is just me, or Patterson's co-author in this series is just not grabbing me. I said it after book 1, but really, this series should stop sooner than later... as it just does not have the grip that his others do.

It could be the reader, I suppose, but I am not feeling the plot as much as I do with the other series, particularly WMC and AC.

Poor storyline and character development, as well as presentation...
Paula  Phillips
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Did you enjoy James Patterson's first novel in the Private series featuring Jack Morgan - an ex-military turned Private Investigator . Since the first book, where Jack decided to go into the Private Eye business , we have read in Private London that his business has boomed and there are now offices all around the world. The second book in the series "Private London" takes us to his London office where Jack has employed another ex-military cop called Dan Carter , as a New Zealander this made me c ...more
David
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Does anyone else feel like James Patterson and his cohorts have become the Mills and Boon of the thriller genre? Churning out thinly researched books as fast as they can, with little regard for quality or consistency.

This particular novel is based around the flawed premise that a private firm would have the reach, resources and forensics capabilities above and beyond a government funded security organisation (MI5, CIA, FBI etc). The first book in the series was ok, this time I didn't buy it.

Ap
2015 Reading Chal...: Private London by James Patterson 2 20 Mar 14, 2015 12:04AM
What happened to... 3 66 Jan 22, 2013 02:41AM
  • Boys Will Be Boys
  • The Lazarus Pit
  • D.C. Dead (Stone Barrington, #22)
  • XO (Kathryn Dance, #3)
  • The Day America Told the Truth
  • Fallen Flowers
  • Reckless (Ty Hauck, #3)
  • The Crime Trade (Tina Boyd #1)
  • Knockdown
  • Silken Prey (Lucas Davenport, #23)
  • Zero Balance (Eviscerating the Snake, #2)
  • Twenty Seven Bones
  • Need You Now
  • The Pallbearers (Shane Scully, #9)
  • The Murderers' Club (Sophie Anderson, #2)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
BookShots
JIMMY Patterson Books
Official Site for James Patterson's Middle School Series
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. As of January 2016, he has sold over 350
More about James Patterson...

Private (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Private (Private, #1)
  • Private #1 Suspect (Private, #2)
  • Private Games (Private #3)
  • Private Berlin (Private #5)
  • Private L.A. (Private, #6)
  • Private: Oz (Private #7)
  • Private India (Private #8)
  • Private Vegas (Private, #9)
  • Private Paris (Private, #10)
  • Private Rio (Private, #11)