Start by marking “Another Man Will” as Want to Read:
Another Man Will

Another Man Will

Dana Turner is tired of watching her co-workers get married. Single mother Crystal Turner works overtime to provide for her three children. And Yvette Turner's marriage just imploded. These sisters can't wait any longer for some good men to sweep them off their feet. It's time to try something new.
Published August 28th 2012 by Dafina (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Another Man Will, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Man Will

Zanetta Robinson
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
I received this book as a giveaway.

The "It was okay" rating may be a little generous. I'm sure some will love it; I did not.

I read the first two chapters, skimmed the third one, then flipped directly to the back of the book and read the last three chapters. Interestingly, I didnt feel I'd missed a beat. The first three chapters introduced the sisters; the last three chapters wrapped up their stories.

I just couldnt dedicate enough attention to complete 339 pages of...what? Okay. I wont say fake-a
Destiny Hawkins
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I listened to the audiobook. This was my first book by this author. I enjoyed listening to the story of sisters Yvette, Crystal, and Dana dealing with relationships and finding the love that they deserved. When one man doesn't treat you right, just know that Another Man Will. The title was oh so fitting. Good job.
Carla Harris
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
In the beginning I thought this book wouldn't be interesting so it took me a minute to get into it. Once I started to understand the many difficulties these sisters faced, I really enjoyed it! One of the things that I enjoyed about this book is it was written on a very real level!
Bree
Jun 27, 2014 rated it liked it
This was an interesting read. The three sisters had their own lives and all were put to the test. Glad Crystal ended up with a great husband because she had such a hard time. Great turn out for Yvette as well because Phil really did her wrong.....
G B
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

I loved all of their stories...Crystal’s story was my favorite, I’m glad she found someone who loved her and her kids. I felt bad for Yvette, but I’m glad she finally got her life together again. Dana kinda got on my nerves a little, she was ok. There were some grammatical errors, but it was a good read so you can look past that.
Sherry Rowe
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thought provoking.
Tinishia Love
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Highly recommended!

would have given this novel five stars, had it not been for the numerous editing errors, which at times were a bit confusing.
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Christina

The setting is modern Philadelphia, Pa and what one man won't do,
another one will. Dana Turner – Baby girl of “The Turner Girls” levelheaded, not
married, no kids; overachiever; finds herself “unhappily in love.”
Crystal Turner – Cable Vision representative, desires to be happily
married with a family. Crystal has three kids with three different
dads and can't move past the stigma of “trying to save the world” and
“picking the wrong men.” Until she meets Terrell Glover. Terrell
chooses to lov
Shelley
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Daaimah S. Poole's books are very hit or miss for me, but this one was a definite hit!

We have three sisters--Crystal, Yvette, and Dana, who are all looking for the same thing--a good man.

Crystal hopes she's finally found one in the guy who's had a crush on her since childhood. Dana crosses the color lines and ends up falling in love. And Yvette bounces back from her loser ex-husband by hooking up with a sexy older man.

I thought this was a really cute story that kept me interested from start t
Francesca Reid
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book. It was the first one I've read from Daaimah S. Poole. It's about 3 sisters who are all different & each had their very own happy ending. The book consisted of real life struggles that many women deal with. I found myself so engrossed in the story I didn't want to carry on with certain things just so I could continue reading. I will definitely check out the rest of her books.
The Book Chick
Aug 08, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a 3.5. It started slow and the middle and end were good. I listened to the Audio version but I think there were typos or grammatical errors because I know these narrators and they did a great job but you could tell they had difficulty reading at times. The dialogue could've been cleaner by using contractions but Poole was able to draw on emotion. I look forward to seeing this author grow.
carolyn
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT

Like all her books this one was full of characters we can relate to , and situations we've lived thru. a WELCOME change from all the " drug dealer, ghetto , hood books". I enjoyed it.
BW Diva
May 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
This was a ok reAd....the women had issues...I'm glad each of them found a man.,,Yvette was a strong woman she didn't want to ask for help but in the end her blessing came....Crystal I'm glad she finally accepted that she had a good man.
Shanae
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found the audio book very intriguing. It took me a little white to get through the story, but not because it is bad...it's just so long! However, I really enjoyed it and recommend it to all. I will search for other books by Daaimah S. Poole as a result.
SocialButterfly
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
Good read, loved the ending but makes you wish there was a part 2!
Kesha
May 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Poole does a lovely job of presenting fictional drama that is oh so real. I could empathize and understand the plight of every lead character.
Tonya
Feb 26, 2013 rated it liked it
An "OK" story..good character's but the storyline was pretty predictable
Charlotte
Feb 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poor-writing
Sorry there were so many typos that it was really hard to read this book. I know its not the authors fault, but come on
Nikki Trotter
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book started out good, got boring in the middle, but at the end it picked back up and was actually a nice read. I would recommend this book if you want a read that is at a slow pace.
Dana
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: car-book-on-cd
Good for in the car ... storyline kept me interested and wanting to know how things would resolve.
Johnathan Royal
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Pretty okay. Although, something I wanted to know? What happened to Marcus's Brandon' mentor/vice principal and Dana's lover? or Kenneth, the father of Crystal's daughter Kori.
Shannon
Dec 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: daaimah-s-poole
A slow start but interesting at the end. A Good Read!
Chandra
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good Book
Lil Mama
Mar 13, 2013 marked it as to-read
I'm sorry, I can't even finish this book...the first 50 pages and nothing juicy has happened yet....I'm done
Ivy Dancy-smith
I thought the book was good. Suggested to my sister to read...
Latesha
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was actually a really good book...
Angela
Oct 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Not bad, had some realistic viewpoints in here. There was drama but not over the top.
Megan
Jul 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
I didn't get very far in this book. I stopped at page 38. It's just not my kind of book and way too much Drama for my liking!
Kim
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This one is the total package. It had drama, love, romance, action and suspense. Loved it!
Juanita
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book touched on diff issues women deal with, the story was a little slow but a good read.

• Put a Ring on It
  • Mind Your Own Business
  • RedBone 2: Takeover at Platinum Lofts
  • Capital Wives
  • The Other Side of Divine
  • The Best She Ever Had (Gibbons Gold Digger Novel #4)
  • Cree
  • Diary of a Stalker (Pilar and Xavier #1)
  • Notorious (Notorious #2)
  • Family of Lies
  • Midnight Moonrising  (Moonrising, #1)
  • The Baine Chronicles Series, Books 1-3: Burned by Magic, Bound by Magic, Hunted by Magic
Daaimah S. Poole was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA. She graduated from Temple University with a B.A. in journalism in 2003. While attending Temple, Daaimah worked almost every job imaginable – receptionist, car salesperson, bill collector, waitress, tutor, and substitute teacher. She would later say she was unintentionally doing character research.
Daaimah completed her first novel Yo Yo Love