Start by marking “Passion for the Game (Georgian, #2)” as Want to Read:
Passion for the Game (Georgian, #2)

Passion for the Game (Georgian #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  4,009 Ratings  ·  207 Reviews
For the notorious Lady Winter, seduction and duplicity are required to survive. Cunning and precision are the tools of pirate Christopher St. John. Pitted against one another, they are a surprise waiting to happen...

Set A Criminal To Catch A Criminal...

Christopher St. John and Maria, Lady Winter, are infamous in Society for their misdeeds and their charming allures. Wherev
Published June 1st 2007 by Brava (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Passion for the Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passion for the Game

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Grrrr I hate writing three star reviews!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I am too lazy to write a long one because I simply don't have much to say about this.

The beginning
was great and I loved the constant fighting between them.
The sex was pretty hot, especially the first one.

But then around the middle I just lost interest and skimmed it to the end.

So there, I can't give any more than three stars to a book which I skimmed half of.

Btw I don't know what exactly was the problem for me, maybe it was the writing style, because I
Sammy Loves Books
Hot Damn Sylvia Day....I Need a Cold Shower!!!

widow
If all angels of death were as lovely as you, men would line up to die.

Maria is the Wintry Widow. She is rumored to have murdered her first two husbands. And both of them were agents of the Crown. The law wants her to pay for her crimes…but they are lacking evidence.

Christopher St. John
description

Christopher St. John is an infamous pirate. He has been arrested and in order to secure his freedom, he must find evidence against Maria. Proving that she was behin
Brenda
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Good Lord! I just have a word to summarize this:

I'm not going to talk about the story (which was amazing) or characters (who are all great) BUT I'll tell you, guys, that I was like this

and a lot of this (BECAUSE CHRISTOPHER PLEASE!)

and at 99% I was

Jun 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-loan
Desere
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Oh my gosh was this book all kinds of hot, hot, hot,hot, hot !! And no am not referring to the sex parts, okay those were really awesome too, but the actual plot was so unbelievably fascinating that half way through I already decided this one gets onto my auto to re-read list!

Photo
The read tells of Christopher he is infamous for satisfying his limitless wants and desires, don't you just love him already ?!

Now that he is once again a free man he devotes his time to engage, deceive and seduce the
AliciaJ
I thoroughly enjoyed Maria and Christopher's adventures. Maria is the type of heroine I really like, sophisticated and smart. She was really the star of this story. I highly recommend this one.
Ana Fernandes
Oct 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3,5⭐ ...more
Vanessa Martins
Nov 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Como sempre a Sylvia Day não me desilude!Eu já era doida pelo pirata St. John, mas neste livro perdi-me de amores do início ao fim.
Que homem, meu deus, até me faz suspirar.
Quente, sexy, provocador, selvagem, mas acima de tudo adorável.
Lady Winter, que mulher de armas, nunca vi tanta coragem e determinação junta.
Nunca desistiu do sonho de encontrar a sua irmã Amelia.
Agora quero o terceiro desta série.
Ansiosa por saber a história de Amelia e Colin.
Adorei o papel deste dois neste livro.
Gisele
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
De toda la serie este es el libro que más me ha gustado. Ha sido el mejor elaborado en trama, en personajes, en escenas *guiño, guiño*. Amo la novela histórica romántica y me gusta mucho que Sylvia Day mezcle este género con espionaje, secretos, intrigas y una protagonista femenina fuerte y decidida, y un apuesto pirata ingenioso, perpicaz y a la vez tierno, compasivo.
Fil
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Debating on 4-5 stars. The plot and characters were good, but it lacked something.
Çisem
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Belki daha önce belirtmemişimdir ama Sylvia Day benim en sevdiğim yazarlardandır, bir çok kişinin aksine ben Judith'le veya Julie Garwood'la ya da Julia Quinn'le historical okumaya başlamadım. Historical okuma maceram Sylvia Day'in Yatağımdaki Yabancı kitabı ile başladı. O yüzden Pegasus'un bu kitabı çıkarmasını aylarca bekledim. Fakat Pegasus'a tepkili olduğum için sahaflara düşene kadar bekleme kararı aldım. Geçen hafta Akmar'da bir kitapçıda 6 TL gibi c
Katie(babs)
Apr 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Sylvia Day can be a hit or miss author, in which sometimes she relies too heavily on sex to get her story across With her latest, she has hit her stride and to date I believe this is her best novel written.

This story has everything a romance enthusiast would want. Of course there are Day's trademark sex scenes but what the hero and heroine have is something more intense and passionate, more than I have seen in a long time from other authors who try and don't succeed. Here, Day does and I applau
Mary
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Forget about Christian Gray.. Give me Christopher St. John. Oh my. This book is sizzling. Christopher and Maria are both "bad" characters that you can't help but like. Things look pretty dismal in the beginning making you wonder how it can all work out in the end. Especially when the plot really thickens towards the middle of the book. I will admit that for a short time, when more characters and complications were added in to the mix, I was very confused, but, it actually was easy to understand ...more
Kennedy
Oct 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Mitzi
Lady Winter is a widow with 2 husbands deaths that are suspicious. Her father is holding her baby sister (Amelia)captive and is using her to blackmail her with, but she and her friend Simon Quinn are trying to find her.

Christopher St. John is a pirate and in prison, but he is released in order to learn Lady Winter's secrets. He falls in love with her and doesn't want to see her hang.

Lady Winter is also made to do the same thing regarding St. John. Only she falls in love with him and doesn't wan
Jess
Oct 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Maria, Lady Winter, is thought to have killed her husbands. Christopher St. John is a much wanted pirate. The "agency" turns them against each other in exchange for their necks, but neither is aware. Maria is trying to get her sister back. Her stepfather is responsible for her husbands deaths, not her. But while she secretly looks for her sister, she must give her money to her stepfather and do his bidding. For now. He wants her to find out more about St. John and why the agency released him. So ...more
Susan
I read this for a challenge, a book from my tbr pile within the first 3 months of joining GR. I picked this one because, for some reason, I have read the 1st, 3rd and 4th of the series with mixed reviews but skipped this one the 2nd of a series. A tbr book from 2012 checked off and as I believe this will complete the series for me yay, double the satisfaction!

I really enjoyed this book. Christopher and Maria's chemistry was off the charts. Their stories drew me in. I loved the secondary characte
Sandy
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
Not as hot as Ask for It or Bad Boys Ahoy!. I was really interested in reading about Christopher's story. And let me tell you, it's not as engaging as the aforementioned books. Since it's in the erotica category, the erotic moments are off-the-charts hot. Flaming hot. But I felt like Day let me down in the end. It didn't leave any favourable impressions with me. 2.5/5 stars.
S.P. Aruna
Sep 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read! Ms. Day captures the period with tailor crafted prose, a must for historical romance but difficult to pull off. For readers like me who appreciate that, they won't be disappointed.
And the sexual tension between Christopher and Maria is awesomely delicious!
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Magy
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly
Sylvia Day regency/Georgian novels are unapologetically lusty and sparkling. They offer a refreshing change from the simpering innocent heroines that dominate the genre, but give me the domineering heroes that I love. I read this novel in one sitting, enjoying the simplicity of the story and the development of the characters.

Both Marie and Christopher were likable and I enjoyed that their relationship went from lust to love. They were both unapologetic about their attraction, and this was refres
Pamela Fernandes
This is a hot read and very interesting for the first half. This is no sport. But its a romanced between widowed Maria and Christopher. I really forward to St. Josh's story in the series. He would definitely need a feisty partner. Throughout this book Maria kept blowing hot and cold and it dampened some of the romance since she couldn't make up her mind. Her step sister is her prime concern and she wants to do everything to protect her. The chemistry is sizzling but the book is not as good as th ...more
Mylaine L
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly I am not a reader who likes romantic or historical books. My poor rating may reflect this taste but I did enjoy other novels by this author and was expecting the same amount of passion and skilled writing. I almost quit on this book after the first 80 pages but I remained optimistic that something would happen to capture my attention but I was horribly wrong.
Tenebrae Chouchou
The notorious couple (I wouldn't like it any other way anyway). Christopher, a golden haired pirate, and Maria, infamous woman suspected of killing her two late husbands. What could possibly go wrong?

Story is quite well set out and intriguing enough to overlook some lacking details. All in all, immersing story!
Debra Lavoie
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. The twists and turns made me afraid to turn the next page while being unable to stop. The female character was a match for her pirate in every way. Seeing the two square off against each other was a delight.
Jessica
A pirate, a vixen, lies and betrayals...Of course, more corsets, carriages and sword fights...The 1700's aren't looking so bad... Christopher and Maria are mind numbing..."Allow me to perform a like service..."
Tracey
not her best writing
  • Eve of Warfare (Marked, #3.25)
  • Scandalous Lovers (The Men and Women's Club, #1)
  • Patience (Passion Quartet, #2)
  • Alluring Tales: Awaken the Fantasy
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Hot Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #3)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • Complete Abandon
  • Wicked (St. John-Duras, #2)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • Show Me
  • Desire Me Only
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • Tempt the Devil
  • Must Have Been the Moonlight (Donally Family, #2)
  • Surrender of a Siren (The Wanton Dairymaid Trilogy, #2)
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day...

Georgian (4 books)
  • Ask For It (Georgian, #1)
  • A Passion for Him (Georgian, #3)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Georgian, #4)

“This is heaven,” he gasped. “I want to live inside you, feel you suck me deeper and deeper until we are one.” 3 likes
“I love you, Maria. More than my life.” His smile was bittersweet. “Today I believed I loved you as much as I was able. Now, however, I love you many times more than that.” 3 likes