Start by marking “Knit with Love: Stories to Warm a Knitter's Heart” as Want to Read:
Knit with Love: Stories to Warm a Knitter's Heart

Knit with Love: Stories to Warm a Knitter's Heart

Knitting blesses the knitter in so many ways. It affords quiet time, the satisfaction that comes with a challenge met and a project finished, and a creative passion to share with other knitters. As knitting and the fiber arts enjoy a renaissance in popular culture, more and more women are discovering these personal benefits. But knitting also offers knitters a way to bless ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Knit with Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit with Love

Siobhan
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fibre-arts
A couple of fun knits and overall a relaxed read about knitting which I enjoyed. If your not a hard core christian, the language near the beginning may turn you off a bit but don't let it stop you from finishing the book! I swear that the whole book isn't written like that!
Susan Rothenberg
Jul 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Despite the religious overtone, the book shared some good stories about knitters, as well as groups one can knit for - for newborns, scarves for homeless people, humanitarian groups.
Heather
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I bought this directly from the author five years ago. Finally remembered it on my shelf!

The first two chapters are very Christian-language-heavy. After that, there are just a couple of references. I read the first two chapters anthropologically as a way to learn/remember how general Christianity thinks/speaks. It's not a bad skill to have/know.

The stories themselves in the rest of the book are nice, cute, etc. Definitely "heartwarming" as the book suggests. If you like reading general feel-good
Marie Segares
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Christian knitters
Shelves: knitting, non-fiction
(Full disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from Revell Books to review on my blog.)

I don’t generally read heart-warming, inspirational books along the lines of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series, and while I consider myself a spiritual person, I’m not affiliated with a particular religion, so I wasn’t quite sure how I would respond to Knit with Love: Stories to Warm a Knitter’s Heart. I grew up with an unusual, multi-faith background, and often feel excluded by or uncomfortable wi
Lisa
Oct 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
“Is your world filled with needs you may overlook while searching for the next big contribution you can make? Do you wonder how to use the talents you have? Maybe it’s time to find new meaning and opportunities in something you’re already eager to do.” –Knit With Love, Lisa Bogart

As soon as I read that at the end of Chapter 1, I was hooked. It seems I am one of those people always looking for a way to help someone (or an organization) with my crafts. I’m not a knitter but I think it can be the s
Casey
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Knitting is one of my all-time favorite pastimes (seconded only by reading a good book), so I really couldn’t turn down a chance to read a collection of stories “sure to warm a knitter’s heart”.

From the chapter titles (knitting terms) to the stories tucked within the pages, knitters of all levels will find a moment of enjoyment if they can lay their needles down long enough to pick up the book. (smile)

Each chapter shares stories knitters have written themselves about their experiences with knitt
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Title: KNIT WITH LOVE: Stories to Warm a Knitter’s Heart
Author: Lisa Bogart
Publisher: Revell
October 2011
ISBN: 978-0-8007-1970-8
Genre: Inspirational

Knitting is something that I long wanted to learn. My mother was an avid knitter. My attempts were pathetic, but under Mom’s gentle tutorage I kept on. And my projects did turn out to be what they were supposed to be, but they were full of uneven stitches and mistakes. So I’m not going to claim to be a knitting expert here.

KNIT WITH LOVE is full of wa
Julie Barrett
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Knit With Love - Stories to warm a knitter's heart by Lisa Bogart
super! This book is just super. It's got the knitter's language and God's as well. The way
Lisa mixes them together makes them fit right into their place, like a jigsaw puzzle. When I
first started reading this I thought, this is a book that was written about me. My path in life
has mirrored Lisa's so closely but we take different turns at one spot that changes how individual
we are. I can relate on so many levels with this book, I'm i
Diane U
Oct 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
As an intermediate knitter and new crocheter, I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I began knitting back in January and I discovered a new love. I have been so inspired to create and challenge myself through new projects from scarves to hats to bags to dishcloths and finally to socks. I began crocheting last month to learn new patterns for making dishcloths. I took to that quickly as well. I love doing both since it keeps my hands and mind busy in the evenings. Although I must admit, I can complete a ...more
Carly
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-favorites
I have been an aspiring knitter for quite some time now, but my patience, or lack thereof, has kept me from becoming the skilled knitter I long to be. After reading Knit with Love, I am wanting to try even harder. This book was so relaxing to read and reminded me how relaxing and therapeutic it can be to knit, even something simple.

I loved the story about Operation Toasty Toes. Now that is an organization that I can really get behind because I feel very strongly about having the comforts of hom
Bonny
Any of you who are knitters will love this book. Each chapter covers a different topic: history of knitting, community work, charities, world organizations, joy of knitting, teaching knitting, reference book lists, websites.

I love knitting and meet with my local group once or twice a week. It's amazing how much we get done in a couple of hours at a nearby coffee shop! We share tips and tricks, sshow our latest project and two or three times a year we collectively knit for a charity.

We inspire w
Kathy
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
With loving memories of my mom teaching me to crochet, I signed up for a beginner's knitting class two years ago. Little did I know that when I picked up those needles for the first time, I had joined a piece of history. This book brought it all to light for me - I felt like I was a part of something huge that has spanned generations. There was so much about this new passion of mine that I didn't realize. So much about its past and how people were using it to take yarn and needles and create lov ...more
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Quick, nice read. When I can't knit because my hands are too tired, I read about knitting apparently, haha. I liked the diversity of the stories in this book. I was a bit blindsided by the Christian overtone in the first chapter, but that got toned way down after that so it's all good.
Also really appreciated the chapter on charity knitting, made me think...
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Subtitle "Stories to Warm a Knitter's Heart" pretty well describes the book. Besides stories of knitters doing good with their knitting, it has a few tips and lists websites that are of interest to a knitter.
Karen
Jan 09, 2015 added it
This book was Awesome, after 20 years ,I picked up my knitting needles again and loving it. It inspired . I now have a list for family to knit for ,plus this book made me realize the health benefits. Thanks
Dorothy A.
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a great book, a bit spiritual with lots of great knitting stories. It even has a chapter on great books to check out for knitting and stories to read about knitters. Not what I was expecting, but good anyway.
Charlotte Ehrhart
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good book with lots of ideas of charity knitting and other websites of interest to a knitter. I'd recommend it to anyone who knows how to knit and desires to knit for those they love or for those less fortunate.
Mary
Jun 01, 2012 rated it liked it
a little more religious than I expected or like but overall enjoyable.
Shannon
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
A warm Christmas gift from a fellow knitter, my grandmother. I enjoyed reading the stories and tips. While Bogart seems to knit 24/7 and thus, has daunting feats, her zeal for knitting is contagious.
Brenda Martin
Nov 11, 2011 rated it liked it
A very inspirational volume for those who craft for charity. I would have preferred fewer references to other resources.
Terri Haynes
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If I didn't already love knitting, this book would have made me fall in love with it. I enjoyed reading the stories of other knitters and getting some new resources.
Diane Stephenson
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read especially for those of us who knit or crochet. Stories of how we can use our craft to minister to others and how we can relate it to the Christian walk.
Kim
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Enjoyable and inspiring.
Tianne Shaw
Not quite what I thought it was but ok all the same on how to use knitting to the advantage of reaching out and touching others
Deb