Start by marking “Taking Care of Charlie (Yearning Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Taking Care of Charlie (Yearning Love, #1)

Taking Care of Charlie (Yearning Love #1)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  746 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Charlie is surprised to discover the love of his life isn’t is straight as he always thought.

When Charlie moved to the big city to get away from small town life and explore his sexuality, little did he know the man he’d always yearned for didn’t just happen to move to the same area.

Marcus James had come to continue his lifelong goal of taking care of Charlie.
ebook
Published June 20th 2011 by Total E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Taking Care of Charlie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Care of Charlie

Mandy*reads obsessively*
Feb 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Mandy*reads obsessively* by: Nik :)
GFY, but it seems Marcus always knew he wanted Charlie and only Charlie, so he kept busy with woman until it was time to share this little tidbit with his soulmate Charlie!
I didn't quite get the not telling Charlie that he loves him and wants him, sometime in the last 10years, but it was romantic and sweet how much they loved each other, but and this was a big but for me, having Marcus treat everyone else, especially the woman in his life so callously didn't endear him to me or show me how much
Ami
Jun 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Books like these are a guilty pleasure for me. They border on the edge of unrealistic but still give me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I read them.

In this case, it was a sweet, short story I enjoyed very much. Marcus' devotion to Charlie and patiently waiting for the right time to finally make Charlie his was extremely sweet to me. I love it when guys have a certain possessiveness when it comes to another. Granted, when it gets into stalker territory it's not as enjoyable but in this case Marcus
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
2.5

This was such a guilty pleasure. Still, it was a pleasure. I had to suspend my disbelief for this story. I wasn't expecting to have to do that but, hey, sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Say hello to Marcus, Charlie and Charlie's evil ex whose name I can't remember. We'll call him E.E. for the sake of this review. The story opens with Charlie waking up in the hospital after E.E. has beat the crap out of him. I liked Charlie right away. E.E. had hit Charlie before and Charlie decides
L-D
Oct 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Okay - this book was very short and it was extremely unbelievable. These two men have loved each other for YEARS. It's like, come on already, stop being idiots. But despite all the ridiculousness of the plot, there was a sweetness to it that I was just in the mood for. On another given day I may have rated this 3 stars.
Tam
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is a friends-to-lovers story with a twist, one of the men is GFY, but he knows it and is just waiting to take action. Marcus is six years older than Charlie, and has been looking out for Charlie since he moved to their small home town at the age of 16. He’s always known Charlie was the one for him, but until he felt Charlie was old enough, and had his chance to sow his wild oat, Marcus has been dating women and saving his gay virginity. (If such a thing exists.)

He followed Charlie to San Fr
Edina Rose
Jun 20, 2011 rated it liked it
This is a Gay-For-You story.

"I firmly believed I'd been born with two purposes in life. To be a doctor and to take care of Charlie Summers, the sweetest man ever to set foot on this earth."

Marcus and Charlie are childhood friends. The friendship started when 16-year-old Marcus saved 10-year-old Charlie from a bully. Since then, Marcus has been looking after Charlie and when the book starts, Charlie is a talented art student and Marcus is a Doctor.

Marcus is six years Charlie's senior, built, no
Brenda (b)
This was a fairly short story (about 50 pages in the pdf version I have). It was told in first person and the point of view alternated back and forth between the two main characters. I was drawn in and I liked Charlie and Marcus a lot. I'd classify this as gay-for-you. The word that keeps popping into my mind about it is sweet, but I'm not sure that's appropriate. The plot involved an abusive ex-boyfriend and kidnapping. I guess the more I think about it, it's the main characters that are sweet. ...more
V
Jun 13, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm reading at the moment another book by Amber and I'm loving it so much, that I can't believe this is the same Author.
So many things were wrong with this story. Marcus having sex with other woman while he wait for Charlie to grow up. And Charlie been abused by his ex boyfriend and needed Marcus to help him to keep his life in order because he is so needy he can't do it on his on. Both characters have many flaws for me to enjoy this story. 52 pages were more than enough for me.
Lucy
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.5 rounded up. Marcus is the perfect man. The perfect straight man, and the best friend Charlie has ever had. Charlie has terrible taste in men, and chooses poorly, while Marcus is always there to pick up the pieces. I liked them both, but the length of the story got in the way of really connecting with them. I would have liked to see more of a build up, and the issues with Isaac were solved too quickly.
  • Bad Boys, Bad Boys (Boys in Blue, #1)
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers #2)
  • Core Training (Work Out, #3)
  • Loving Aidan (College Rose Romance Book 1)
  • Raising Seth (First Time #1)
  • Confessions (Cattle Valley, #25)
  • A Pint Light (Vampires & Mages & Weres, Oh My!, #1)
  • No One Should Be Alone
  • Of Cocoa and Men
  • Hidden Force (Tennessee Cops, #1)
  • Hot in Here (Perfect Timing #3.5)
  • Micah (Marius Brothers #1)
  • Slow Dance (Orgasmic Texas Dawn, #3 )
  • Raven's Mark (Sandpipers, #2)
  • In the Name of the Law
  • Hawk's Pretty Baby (Brac Pack #2)
  • High Flow (EMS Heat, #7)
  • Loving Luki Vásquez (Vásquez & James, #1)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let
More about Amber Kell...

Yearning Love (3 books)
  • Protecting Francis (Yearning Love, #2)
  • In Broussard's Care (Yearning Love #3)
“Francis, I need to borrow your car. Bring gloves."

He laughed hysterically over the line. "why? Are you trying to hide evidence?" I didn't bother laughing with him.

"Shit" Francis cursed. "Please don't tell me I need to bring a shovel.”
24 likes