Start by marking “Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer (Gossip Girl, #13)” as Want to Read:
Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer (Gossip Girl, #13)

Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer

(Gossip Girl #13)

Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep-sometimes with each other. It's a luxe life, but someone's got to live it . . . until they die.

So begins Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer, a re-imagined and expanded slasher edition of the first groundbreaking Gossip Girl novel, featuring all new grisly scenes and over-the-top

Published October 3rd 2011 by Poppy (first published January 1st 2011)

Start your review of Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer (Gossip Girl, #13)
Sarah Elizabeth
This was a retelling of the first book of the series, only with Serena and Blair on a killing spree, which was really weird. Basically, the whole book just consisted of Serena and Blair stabbing and garrotting people, and Nate being his good old ‘can’t decide which girl I like’ self. The killings were kind of gross, their body disposal seemed unrealistic, and how the heck they got away with it I don’t know. Definitely the worst book of the series.

5 out of 10
Celine
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, young-adult
This is exactly what the title says. This is a parody of the first book in the Gossip Girl series, but the weird thing is that the parody is written by Cecily von Ziegesar herself. I find this both courageous and extremely weird. It must feel uncomfortable to butcher your little baby book.

Gossip Girl, Psycho Killer is heavier on the killer part than the Gossip Girl part. All the original characters are in it: Blair, Serena, Chuck, Nate, Jenny and Dan. The book loosely follows the original story
Bridget LaMonica
Feb 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: just-plain-awful
My friend really wants me to like the Gossip Girl show or books, but the genre isn't my thing. Then she mentioned this book and I was curious enough to give it a try. Murder and mayhem? Excellent!

Well, not so excellent.

I really cannot tell if this book is meant to be humorous or horrifying, because it accomplishes neither. Just because you repeat the word "blood" 50 times in a chapter does not do anything for the prose or a creepy atmosphere.

And the book is so dreadfully written that it is eyer
Renata
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, fiction, humor
This was so weird and funny, honestly every book should do a murder version of itself

And Chuck Bass should always have a monogrammed eyepatch
Ilse
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
“Life is fragile and absurd. Murdering someone’s not so hard.”

*3/3.5(??) stars

So.. this book, what an absolute rollercoaster this book was.
I kind of want to start with explaining my rating because I was extremely conflicted.
First off: this book, is incredibly, incredibly stupid. Like I don’t think I’ve ever quite read a book like this before. But wow was it fucking hilarious! No seriously, this book knows it’s dumb. And if it doesn’t, it’s doing a really good fucking job at hiding it!

If not
usagi ☆ミ
The original “Gossip Girl” has always been one of my guilty pleasures. Don’t tell anyone. The TV show, too. So when I heard that they were coming out with this bastardized/parody version with serial killers, I squealed with joy. And it was worth the wait. This is a fun little romp through the original decorated with killings right and left, mentions of “Dexter”, and a new look at the term “frenemies”. I enjoyed myself a little too much, though it could have been better than it was.

I guess my big
Alex
Apr 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
What... the f? This is going to be a real book?

UPDATE:

I tried, I really did. I was a huge fan of the Gossip Girl books when they first came out, (the later ones were terrible) and I knew that this retelling of the first book was going to be awful. But I expected it to be so bad it was good, and this was just bad. Sliding in all of these murderous thoughts and feelings was just ridiculous and made no sense. It was supposed to be funny and creative, and instead it just showcased how dumb the first
Abbie
Nov 07, 2016 rated it liked it
I didn't love any of the books in this series, but this one was 100% the worst one.

It was just plain weird, and it didn't hold my interest well at all because of it. Don't know what the author was thinking when writing this to be honest!

Overall, Worst one for me.
MaryJane
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Well, there isn’t that much about this that is worth saying. This book was better than I anticipated, but more in an entertaining way rather than it actually being a good book. This is basically the first book in the Gossip Girl series but rather than being obsessed with fashion, all of our upper east side characters are obsessed with death and plotting how to kill one another.

It’s a little too cheesy to actually be worth calling this a slasher. I honestly didn’t consider this to be all that go
Brenna
Sep 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Way back in the day, when I was young(er) I read Gossip Girl. All the time. Constantly. I felt like I was always waiting on the new one to come out and I just had to know what was going to happen. And thirteen books, two spin off series, and a TV show later I thought it was over.

Reasons to Read:

1. Longtime fans:
Honestly, this book probably won't mean much to you if you aren't already a fan of Gossip Girl (either the books or the TV show). It isn't necessary to have read the books before reading
Kate
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I am a very different reader than I was when I devoured the GG series when it first came out. Although I was an adult already, the series reminded me of reading Jackie Collins as an actual teen because YA was a bit of an immature wasteland back in the early 90s. Gossip Girl was fun and trashy and, well, gossipy.

When I heard about this book, I was super excited. I love horror, and what could be better than combining psychopaths with rich, spoiled sociopaths? But for some reason this book was har
Jess the Shelf-Declared Bibliophile
Oh man. This was SO bad. And I mean, SO BAD. I ended up skimming most of it.

Unlike books like Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter or Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, where the author made it completely their own and placed you in a new world, this was a clone of the first book with gory adjectives and descriptions thrown it. It was terribly done, pointless, and really shouldn't have seen the light of day. I've enjoyed the rest of the series, but with this one, I'm just left asking "WHY?!"

Amanda Lawford
Apr 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Beilul K
I selected this book because I enjoyed watching the TV series, and the title "psycho killer" pulled me in. A drama series with a murder twist.
This book is basically a complete remake on the gossip girl series but with a killer twist. It starts in Blair's POV and already she's having gory murderous thoughts about killing people just for wearing a non designer skirt or saying something to piss her off. Serena, her old best friend is back from boarding school, and rumors are beginning to swirl tha
Liz
When I saw this book on NetGalley, I knew I had to request it. I’ve read all of the Gossip Girl series books (except one), so I wanted to see how this book fit in. And as I found out, it fit quite well into the universe Cecily Von Ziegesar created.

Now, I’m not saying that it’s a perfect book, but the characters and the universe were on point with the original series. Gossip Girl: Psycho Killer is an adaptation of the first book of the series. It starts off much like the original book, and goes o
Teela
Dec 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-nt-finsh
gossip girl psycho killer is a #1 New York Times bestselling novel by Cecily Von Ziegesar.

About the Author
Cecily von Ziegesar grew up in Manhattan and attended a small, private girls' school on the Upper East Side. She began writing poems and short stories and fantasizing about murdering people as soon as she could hold a pen. Gossip Girl was her first novel. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband, daughter and son, and two nearly hairless cats named Pony Boy and Woody. She hasn't actually kill
Jessica
Oct 16, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012
This book just...sucked. I have read (& adored) all the GG books and I knew that this one was a parody of sorts and what it was supposed to be about, but it was awful.

I think what annoyed me the most was that Serena and then Blair are running around killing everyone in public and NO ONE, not even the victim's parents, cared. Even when a guy's eyeballs exploded in front of his parents, at a dinner party, NO ONE, not even the parents, cared.

Plus Blair stuck Elise down the garbage disposal... At a
Kate
Nov 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-fiction
Oh, to be rich, beautiful, and a psychopath. I must admit, I was a HUGE fan of the early Gossip Girl books. Back when it was all just good ole fun and boyfriend swapping between friends (mostly when von Ziegesar was actually writing them). But, then came the spinoffs and the TV show and things just got way too dramatic and serious.

This parody of the first book brings back the humor and adds a good dose of disgusting beheadings, disembowelments, and knife fights. A good entertaining read that ha
James
Jan 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
Complete and utter drivel. One of the worst things I've ever read, it's completely without humour, thought or any decently written prose. The characters literally get away with murder with no consequence - in better hands this could've been a thoughtful look at how the privileged skirt the law, but instead we're treated to lavish descriptions of fashionable clothing.

I hate the completionist in me for forcing myself through this. Thank God it's over.
April
Oct 11, 2011 marked it as did-not-finish
I found this book to be impossible to finish because really relies far too heavily on its gimmicky appeal. I really wish the book had been a more imaginative re-working of the original, but just reading the same thing with some morbid thoughts sprinkled in was incredibly boring.
Savita
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: highschool
Um, yikes. Wow. Better than the original, certainly. But, wow. Disturbing. Definitely disturbing. Gah. I'm slightly afraid of Manhattan now. Geezum. ...more
Jan 05, 2012 is currently reading it
I'm going to be kind of bummed if this doesn't end with Serena & Blair realizing they are MFEO. Lady serial killers in love! *crosses fingers* ...more
Donna-Lee
Jun 24, 2013 rated it liked it
just as hilariously bad as it was the first time.
Katie Bodden
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
This book was so beyond funny and messed up, but was what made it so funny. Super easy read too.
Patricia Karounos
Dec 10, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Brittany
How I Came to Read This Book: I read the entire GG series back in the day - this was a weird little addendum, I believe I received it as a gift and finally just randomly read it.

The Plot: This book features an endorsement quote from the dude that wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Once you see that, this book makes a lot of sense. Like that particular retelling, Cecily von Ziegesar took the first installment in her bestselling series and slapped it with a new coat of blood red paint - liter
Chelsea Gouin
Sep 16, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
A few years ago, a popular literary trend was to take a popular title and give it a creepy, supernatural twist. Cecily von Ziegesar decided to take that trend and twist her own work and gave us this bloody rendition of the first Gossip Girl book.
The basic premise is the same...the upper East Side elite teens all wearing the fanciest clothes and trying to be the most popular. Serena comes back from Boarding School under mysterious circumstances. Blair is jealous of her gorgeous friend
Courtney Shek
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tv-movie, books-owned
Full review with spoilers here

Surprise, you thought I was done with the Gossip Girl reviews, well here is one more. This really will be the last one though I promise haha.

As soon as I found out this was a thing I wanted to read it. Like Gossip Girl but everyone is a serial killer? Sign me up.

This book is basically the first Gossip Girl rewritten as everyone is fighting to stay alive, as it seems everyone on the Upper East Side is dropping like a fly at the hands of our two favourite It Girls.

I r
an_sunie
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
For me this way like a teen slasher flick in a book version. It is a fun read as long as you do not take it too seriously (this is a FICTIONAL book after all) or completely compare it to the original (slight comparison is fine, it is a reworked version of the first book afterall). Looking at some of the reviews I expected it to be way worse.

The book took me much longer to finish than expected since I had to return it to the library and wait for it to come in again which took FOREVER!

I don't real
atlantis princess
Mar 16, 2020 rated it liked it
One of the most stupidest, goriest, yet so mind boggling you had to laugh books ever. The dialogue between the characters was oddly pretty nonexistent with most of the story being one of the characters monologuing in their head the need to kill someone or something, messy and downright unrealistic murders that are done in broad daylight that somehow no one in New York cares about, and very disturbing descriptions of Jenny’s breasts, constantly. Would’ve given this one star if it weren’t for the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Burned (Pretty Little Liars, #12)
  • Hard to Love (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Bad Apple
  • Just Friends
  • Gemini Bites
  • Bunheads
  • Ruin (Kingdoms of Sin, #3)
  • Pride (Kingdoms of Sin, #4)
  • Swing For The Fences (Bad Boys Redemption #2)
  • Bottom of the Ninth (Bad Boys Redemption #3)
  • Second Chance Hero (Bad Boys Redemption, #1)
  • Walk Among Us (Compiled Edition)
  • A Woman First: First Woman: A Memoir
  • Damage
  • Want
  • One Night Stand (Barnett Bulldogs Book 3)
  • Stay  (Stay #1)
  • Don't Leave  (Stay #2)
Cecily von Ziegesar is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Gossip Girl novels, upon which the hit television show is based. She lives in Brooklyn, New York with her family.

Gossip Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)
  • All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6)
  • Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)
  • Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)
  • Only in Your Dreams (Gossip Girl, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)

News & Interviews