Start by marking “The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2)

The Soldier

(Border Worlds Saga #2)

Drake Glauco, now a successful nourisher and happily joined to Vernon, comes to realise it's time for a Priaxian/human alliance to come to fruition. The joy he had experienced too great for it to not be used to benefit mankind. The mutual need too important. With each passing day, Drake and Vernon's symbiotic relationship grows just as much as the hatchlings inside the egg ...more
Published March 15th 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about The Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Soldier

Start your review of The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2)
Shin Mon Thway
DNF at 62%

It’s time to call a spade a spade. After pausing this book for over 3 months, I finally accepted that I won’t be able to continue reading this book. While I truly and really really enjoyed the authenticity and refreshing interspecies love story from book one, the second book fell short for me. This book was too focused and heavy on intergalactic politics which I obviously have no interest in and I didn’t get as much of my two beloved MCs from book one in this story. That being said,
Tj
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
This the the second in the Borders of Worlds Saga. We have more characters joining Vern and Drake on their adventures in saving the universe. It is fun and interesting to see more about the culture of Priaxians. The conflict heats up even more in this sequel to The Nourisher. Most of this one is the group running from conflict to conflict but that makes it fun and impossible to put down. I'm so looking forward to the next in the series.
Rachel Emily
This was a fantastic follow up to the first book in the series. I continue to adore Vernon, and I love all the new characters that were introduced in this book too! I think it's amazing the whole world that Mark Alders created in this series, and I love how complex everything is, the nonstop action, and hot sex of course. Great read...now I am eagerly awaiting the third (and final??) book in the series!
Chappy
More like 3.5 stars

We continue the story of Drake who's the human nourisher of the Priaxian spider (and big sweetheart) Vernon. The incubation is going well but there are constant threats from other alien species.

I was confused some of the time trying to keep all the factions clear in my head. I did enjoy learning about the soldier/servant caste system...
Shandra
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting Adventure in Space!

Space wars bring me a lot of joy as they're nostalgic for me. The first show I was ever "interested in" with more than a passing fancy as the original Star Trek where I always wanted to be the one "to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before." [I love you, William Shatner!) Mark Alders managed to go above and beyond any battle The Enterprise ever engaged in while chronicling the adventures of
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Further exciting adventures for Drake and Vernon. I didn’t enjoy this one as much as the first but it was no less exciting as our intrepid heroes bouncy around the galaxy with their merry band of cohorts.

This installment was a bit repetitious in places and like the first book really needs professional editing.

I did however move straight onto The Incubator because I must know what happens to everyone!!
Christy
Considering how quickly I inhaled 'The Nourisher', book one in this series, I'm actually surprised it's taken me a few weeks to get to this next book. Believe me when I say that it's in your best interest to read these books in order. There is so much backstory and setting the stage, plus the world building that occurs in the first book, that in my opinion you'll be completely lost if you try to skip the reading order.

I was thrilled that the author picked the story up, essentially, right from
Karel
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was ok

Same thing that applied to The Nourisher applied here, as does my review from the first book: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

To add a few things unique to this book: Sern and Braken's relationship was cute but lacked depth - but since they're secondary characters, I won't count it against them. The whole book reads like those sci-fi movies from the seventies/eighties featuring bad CGI, stiff hairdos, and over-the-top villains without actually having any of those. Maybe it's the
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
The continuing tale of Vernon and Drake. I liked this story but not as much as the first one. I truly cannot believe the vivid imagination of this author though! Wow, he must be quite interesting to spend an evening with. The world he has created is pretty ingenious. Onward to book 3 in the series.
Nancy L
Feb 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
to come....

Very fast paced, action packed adventure...continues where the first book ends - off on a mission Drake and Vernon get down and dirty with the Priory and the Aurorians.

We learn more about Praxians and some secrets come to light. With war looming....who's the enemy and who is friend?
Pamela Su
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story gets a heck of a lot more complicated in this book. There's a lot more intrigue and a lot more things going on.

I'm really enjoying how cuddly the relationship Drake and Vernon have with each other.
Sylvia
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great world building and I love Drake & Vernon.
Rating: 3 stars.
Sophia
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
The sequel continued where the first book left off and was just as amazing.

Drake and Vernon have as strong a relationship as ever and enjoyed the brief rest just living and loving in Vernon's nest, but the Queen now needs them along with Jankin and his wife to go back to earth to negotiate the treaty between the two worlds.

Along the way, trouble catches up with them and their original plans turn into another string of dangerous adventures when they learn of intrigue and betrayal that leads to
Connie
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, sci-fy
Im glad Im the type of reader that cant leave a story unfinished.
After struggling with The NourisherIm happy I gave Mark Aldersanother chance.
The Soldier was so much better.
Fast, way too fast and with so much going on.
I am not going to pretend I can remember every races name or every character, tho Brake and Sern made an impression, I can just say that by reading the Saga you will let your imagination go wild.
Its amazing how as a reader I get to forget Vernon is a huge 8 legged spider when he is
Tamela
I thought book #1 of the saga was fast paced and action packed, but book #2 is a rollercoaster ride from "they're doomed" to "thank goodness, they made it". And of course my favorite... "how the heck did they pull THAT off?" :)

Situations keeps moving forward and so many ripples in the pond after the first... and second stones are thrown.

I continue to find the closeness and love between Vernon and Drake fascinating... and so will you.

Highly recommended.
==============================
1st read - Feb
Sanet
I'm not even sure how to review this one.... I have a love hate relationship with this series!!!

All I can say.....spiders will have a whole new level of hold on you after reading it.

You will either love them... hate them more of run around afterwards with wet panties
Meggie
Mar 15, 2011 rated it liked it
The second part of this Saga starts where first ended. The plotted adventure was easy readable and enjoyable. The main male couple, Vernon and Drake, were sweet together. Anyway this was easy funny read.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This is why I don't read space sagas. I want to get to the end and I start comparing everything to Star Trek. I try not to but I do. There are now way too many bad guys and double crossing and aliens for me to keep straight.
Someone, somewhere just tell how this ends.
James Cox
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great story, lots of action and sexy men. I liked the first story better but this had just as much entertainment value, oh and hot nakedness *G*
Tilda
May 31, 2012
Jocasta
Nov 30, 2012
Robin L
Not as good as the first book.
Elf
May 25, 2011
Stefany Alvarado
Oct 12, 2017
Jamie Lock
Jan 24, 2017

• In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3)
  • In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2)
  • Circle of Darkness (Genesis Circle #1)
  • Assimilation, Love, and Other Human Oddities (Claimings, #2)
  • The Wolf at the Door (Big Bad Wolf, #1)
  • Omega Stolen (Northern Lodge Pack, #1)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Hidden Powers (Superordinary Society, #1)
  • Curses, Foiled Again
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Changed: Mated to the Alien Alpha (The Omega Colony, #1)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires #1)
  • That Alien Feeling (Calluvia's Royalty, #1)
  • Beauty and His Beast
  • Scales And A Tail (Midnight Matings #2)
  • Calm the F*ck Down: How to Control What You Can and Accept What You Can't So You Can Stop Freaking Out and Get On With Your Life
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about

Border Worlds Saga (3 books)
  • The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1)
  • The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3)