Start by marking “The Other Linding Girl” as Want to Read:
The Other Linding Girl

The Other Linding Girl

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Rachel, with two far more dazzling sisters, felt she would always be "the other Linding Girl" unless she broke away from Loriville and the family home. But there still seemed plenty of obstacles to prevent her from being the special one for Nigel Seton.
Paperback, Harlequin Romance #1431, 192 pages
Published September 1970 by Harlequin Books (first published 1966)

To ask other readers questions about The Other Linding Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Linding Girl

Leona
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
For some reason, this one didn't quite work for me, not like Burchell's other work.

I think there were just too many people flying in and out of the story for me to latch onto anyone character and get that personal connection. Half way through the book I wasn't quite sure who the hero was. Every man had an angle and reasons rather than love to want a woman. OM wanted to use the heroine as a shield against a vindictive ex fiancé. Hero, was ready to sell his soul and marry OW for research money. I
LLCSpokane
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
Rachel, the h, has a beautiful older sister and an adorable, bubbly younger sister and in the village where she lives she's known as the other Linding girl. She decides that if she is to find her own niche in the world she needs to leave her loving over- shadowing family.
She sets off for London with her fathers help. He's found her a temporary job as secretary to his famous surgeon brother. In London Rachel meets the irrepressible brother in law of her uncle. She initially thinks he's a layabout
Fiona Marsden
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet read about an ordinary girl who is tired of being the 'other Linding girl' sandwiched between her stunningly beautiful older sister and her personality plus younger sister.

The hero Nigel at first seems to be a frivolous lightweight but Rachel soon finds out differently. But when his laboratory desperately needs money and an attractive woman offers it with strings attached, it seems that all is lost.

We have a nice visit from Florian the dress designer who features in several books
Jane
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Mary Burchell and her sister rescued Jews from the Nazis, mostly funded by her writing. She is my favorite romance writer. I kept a box of her novels from when I used to read a lot of genre romance and have been reviewing them. I didn't keep this one, but found a used paperback copy and decided to reread it anyway.

It's not one of her best. The hero and heroine are both ninnies. Love interest Nigel misrepresents how serious his work is; main character Rachel coldly rejects him when he professes h
Tia
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rachel was the middle sister of three girls. She was always called the other linding girl, so she left her quaint town for London, where she met her uncle by marriage, Nigel, and fell in love. Th only issue is Nigel is a chemist and need money backing and a rich heiress has offered her money for marriage but will Nigel take it or will he follow his heart and love for Rachel?

I quite enjoyed this book, the characters had a bit more depth than the last book. I was totally intrigued and there was so
Priya
Jul 29, 2011
Karen-Leigh
Feb 01, 2015
Khothy
rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2014
Jan 06, 2017
Mar 08, 2017
Honor
Aug 12, 2017
Ida Cook was born on 1904 at 37 Croft Avenue, Sunderland, England. With her eldest sister Mary Louise Cook (1901), she attending the Duchess' School in Alnwick. Later the sisters took civil service jobs in London, and developed a passionate interest in opera. The sisters helped 29 jews to escape from the Nazis, funded mainly by Ida's writing. In 1965, the Cook sisters were honored as Righteous Gen ...more
More about Mary Burchell...