Start by marking “Osborn: Evil Incarcerated” as Want to Read:
Osborn: Evil Incarcerated

Osborn: Evil Incarcerated (Osborn)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  148 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
BIG TIME HITS SPIDER-MAN'S GREATEST ENEMY! The world's most dangerous felon is in the world's top supermax-security prison--an institution so secret that even the vice president doesn't know it exists. But can any cell contain Norman Osborn? After the events of SIEGE, the former Green Goblin, Iron Patriot and power-mad director of worldwide security isn't allowed to have a ...more
Published June 15th 2011 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Osborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Osborn

Rory Wilding
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
As much as we always root for our heroes to save the day, there is a fondness towards the dark side. As much as we like to be Superman and Batman, there is a bit of Lex Luthor and Joker we have in us, and if there was a character in the Marvel universe that is an equivalent to those DC icons, it would be Spider-Man’s arch-nemesis Norman Osborn aka the Green Goblin.

Having been thwarted by the Avengers, Osborn is now in a prison so secret, even the vice president doesn’t know it exists. However, w
Mike
Oct 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-and-read
Well that was a fascinating read. Very little of the long johns set involved here - much more about character, and how people act in response to challenges. Plus some fascinating new villains to contend with, and a lot of unusual and attention-grabbing dialogue.

DeConnick is new to me and hard to separate from the reputation of her life partner, but the best way I can describe the effect of her writing on me is: compelling. She does an absolutely artful job of capturing the malice, the just-benea
Jedhua
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Book Info: This collection contains Osborn issues #1-5.

{3+/5 stars}
Rolando Marono
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel
The good:
-The dialogues.
-The art is very gritty very dark.
-The plot moves quickly.
-The support characters are interesting as well, I would prefer characters more popular to Marvel Universe.

The bad:
-It seems it doesn't had any real affectation to the MU.
-It doesn't seem as a Marvel contained story, if it had changed the character names, the story still would make sense.
-The portrait of Osborn is very much like Joker.
John
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad, not amazing.
Matej Kondas
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Norman Osborn byl šílenec a vrah. Potom se napravil a zkusil ovládnout svět.
Avengers ho zastavili. A zavřeli až zčerná.

Při procházení review od svých kamarádů jsem objevil poměrně vysoké hodnocení od Kuby Rabyniuka.
Kelly Sue DeConnick mě už donutila koupit si její Pretty Deadly a tak jsem řekl... proč ne? Dark Reign
patří k mým oblíbeným eventům a Warren Ellis k mým oblíbeným konspiračním comicsovým teoretikům. Vypadalo to jako sázka na jistotu.

Pokud čekáte suprhrdinský comics. Ne jste vedle
William Sullivan
Apr 06, 2013 rated it liked it
For full review go here: http://youngthespian42comics.blogspot...

The skinny is:

Overall I would give this comic about 2.5 stars out of 5. It wrestles with a lot of big ideas and is more thought-provoking that 98% of superhero comics. However it is too ambitious with all the topics it wants to cover in the limited space it has and therefore some ideas suffer. Osborn: Evil Incarcerated does successfully paint Osborn in a new more morally complex light without departing from the core character feat
Jakub Rabyniuk
Dec 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Combination of political thriller and prison drama with my favorite villain of Marvel universe.
There are great characters here. I especialy enjoyed the psychopath biologist June Covington and men eating spider god Ai Apaec . Senator Sondra Muffoletto is well written character too. And Norman itself is awesome. Last time this bastard was such good in Thunderbolts of Warren Ellis.
Story is good as well. Contrast between political games and brutal prison brake functioning well.
Bonus story written b
Lee
Oct 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book, can't tell whether I should like Osborn or not...

Just when you think you can't read another story about Norman Osborn, Kelly Sue Deconnick and Emma Rios breathe life into him. The story's engaging and dark and gritty in the adult way that a lot of comics seem to forget can happen. Deconnick is one of my favorite up-and-coming writers, and Rios' art is beautiful.

I never thought I'd love a story about Osborn, but I do love this one.
Anthony
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Twisted. Norman Osborn is a sociopathic megalomaniac. But he is charming and very, very intelligent. This book is about the Green Goblin stuck in a secret metahuman prison with a cadre of the worst of the worst. Great stuff. Scary stuff.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Four poor issues (including a ridiculous secret prison with terrible security; a poorly characterized Osborn; a bunch of never-before seen villains; and yet another prison riot) followed by a good denouement that nonetheless did very little to change the status quo. Overall, a waste.
Keith Davis
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Norman Osborn leads a revolt among the prisoners in a secret facility at the bottom of the ocean. The author makes a better story out of what could be some standard super villain material. I find myself wishing she had more space to expand the story because it feels kind of rushed.
Ian
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
An ambitious story that DeConnick never quite gets her arms around. Still, a refreshingly mature approach to super-villain incarceration.
Anthony
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
A delightful read and interesting take on one of my favourite villains!
Michael
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Norman Osborn goes nutso, or goes more nutso, in a book that falls between most of Marvel's titles. I really appreciated the art, which skews a bit outside Marvel's house style.
Sigrid Ellis

Alasondro Alegré
★★★ ...more
Craig
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was the beautiful, Paul Pope-esque art that really got my cylinders firing.
Lindsey.parks
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Bad guys are bad.
Taylor
May 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012
It seems to me that there is an effort to turn Norman into a Joker like character, with evil plans inside of plans that he sees as good. not the best thing ive read, also not the worse.
Gayle Francis Moffet
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, 2016, june-2016
I love watching bad guys be bad guys, and this book gives me that all the way through. Osborn's an evil SOB, but he's not the only bad guy walking around, and watching him work is a lot of fun.
Martin John
Apr 04, 2013
Derek
Dec 01, 2013
Aaron
rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2017
Stephanie
rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2015
  • Annihilator
  • Spider-Man's Tangled Web, Vol. 1
  • The Life and Death of Captain Marvel
  • Avengers: Under Siege
  • The Dark Knight Strikes Again, Vol. 2 (DK2 #2)
  • Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine