Start by marking “A Systematic Course In The Ancient Tantric Techniques Of Yoga And Kriya” as Want to Read:
A Systematic Course In The Ancient Tantric Techniques Of Yoga And Kriya

A Systematic Course In The Ancient Tantric Techniques Of Yoga And Kriya

Yoga is not an ancient myth buried in oblivion.It is the most valuable inheritance of the present.It is the essential need of today and the culture of tomorrow. Swami Sivananda Sarswati. This book is the most comprehensive text ever published on yoga. It contains a complete course of 36 structured lessons on all the practices of integral yoga. The lessons were compiled ...more

Start your review of A Systematic Course In The Ancient Tantric Techniques Of Yoga And Kriya
Ashley
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-100
This is my yoga bible. I refer to it almost daily. I travel the world with it. It goes with me everywhere. If you are interested in building your own yoga practice, learning the benefits of each pose, ways to cleanse the body, pranayama, and meditations, as well as the history of Kriya Yoga then buy this book. Open it. Start with page one. And don't rush. Or, you could follow my blog... where I work through the entire book, lesson by lesson with the readers. This includes readings, videos, ...more
Shruti Gupta
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book...it's the bible of yoga
Eric Jennings
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'd be surprised if any of the people who have this book on their "read" shelf here have actually read it cover to cover. (I haven't but putting it there is the only way to write a review.) This is one of the densest books I own, of any kind. It's structured like a text-book and meant to be used as a practical guide for developing and maintaining a Kriya Yoga practice.

I began my yoga practice with Bikram Yoga and, after years of teaching and practicing it, I have moved away from it and towards a
Erik
Feb 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
wonderful writer, down to earth/humerous yogi. Not into secrets or mystery. He tells you everything and figures if you're mature enough to handle it you will. HUGE book, but beautfully laid out and systematic to build on gradually. I bought mine from a bookstore in India via ABEBooks.com for about a third of what it costs on Amazon, even when adding on the shipping.
Harald Wenk
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THis is indde the esoteric knowledge ogf kriya yoga - almost the samea kundalini tantra - which werformely ponly taught to vey fewelected pupils by thr gurus. especially worthwhile is mentionug the "reconciling" with modn westen medicin,as guru satryandais a mdeical doctor (for animals, as far as i Know),himself. most impressing is thr ida pingala,thre gumnas, 8rajas, sattwa,tams) reconcilation with parasympathiciusandsympathics,wehr thr sympthicus givesteadreanlibm vey imprtant both for the ...more
Sarasvati
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review in progress...

Vajrajana master Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche said the problem of today's devotee is that she's being exposed to so many teachings and techniques that she doesn't gain steadiness in any. I agree for I have been one such devotee. It is therefore that I'm trying to commit to the practices taught in this amazing book. A review of this book will emerge with time. ॐ नमः शिवाय शानतिः शानतिः शानतिः
Bennett Kobb
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This is an immense book on yogic theory and practice. The Kriya in this book appears to differ from what is taught by most other sources -- the ones based on Lahiri Mahasaya -- and is more like the Microcosmic Orbit practice of Taoist meditation. Readers may be better served instead by instructions from authors such as Paramahansa Yogananda, J.C. Stevens and Forrest Knutson.
Dean
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Comprehensive treatise on all things related to yoga, and in particular hatha yoga. Details both the philosophy, meditative and physical practices according to Satyananda's school. This book has been used as a manual by many yoga students in the past. It is also available on various sites for free.
Sourabh
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yoga bible.
Chandinie
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very good book
Andre
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a comprehensive Yoga Course and learn from a Master look no further. This is it. When you have this book you need no other.Excellent!
Christy Evans
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
THE book for yoga teachers / practitioners!
James Porrazzo
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent.
Eva Luna
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yoga
A most intense, involved and enlightening bible for tantric yoga.
Sofus Markus
Apr 24, 2016
Sunil Kumar
Sep 18, 2018
Chinmaya Dighe
rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2019
Jan 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Swara Yoga: The Tantric Science of Brain Breathing
  • Yoga Nidra
  • Dharana Darshan: Yogic, Tantric and Upanishadic Practices of Concentration and Visualization
  • Jnana-Yoga
  • Autobiography of a Yogi
  • Kriya Yoga Exposed: The Truth About Current Kriya Yoga Gurus, Organizations & Going Beyond Kriya, Contains the Explanation of a Special Technique Never Revealed Before (Real Yoga Book 1)
  • Siva Sutras: The Yoga of Supreme Identity - Text of the Sutras and the Commentary Vimarsini of Ksemaraja
  • The Hundred Thousand Songs of Milarepa
  • Hatha Yoga Pradipika
  • Kundalini Exposed: Disclosing the Cosmic Mystery of Kundalini. The Ultimate Guide to Kundalini Yoga, Kundalini Awakening, Rising, and Reposing on its Hidden Throne (Real Yoga Book 3)
  • Turiya - The God State: Beyond Kundalini, Kriya Yoga & all Spirituality (Real Yoga Book 5)
  • The Yoga Sutras
  • Aghora III
  • Aghora: At the Left Hand of God (Aghora)
  • Aghora II: Kundalini
  • Samadhi - The Forgotten Eden: Revealing the Ancient Yogic Art of Samadhi
  • Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
  • Ajna Chakra
Swami Satyananda Saraswati was a sannyasin, yoga teacher and guru in both his native India and the West. He founded the International Yoga Fellowship in 1956 and the Bihar School of Yoga in 1963. He has authored over 80 books, including the well-known Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha, recognised internationally as one of the most systematic yoga manuals today. Since its first publication by the Bihar ...more

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...