Start by marking “Core Performance Women: Burn Fat and Build Lean Muscle” as Want to Read:
Core Performance Women: Burn Fat and Build Lean Muscle

Core Performance Women: Burn Fat and Build Lean Muscle

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
A world-class trainer to high-profile athletes showcases his breakthrough core-strength program for women who are serious about performing better in all aspects of their lives.

World-renowned strength and performance coach Mark Verstegen has trained top-notch athletes and countless workaday warriors in getting into the best shape of their lives. He's spent years developin
Published December 28th 2010 by Avery (first published December 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Core Performance Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Core Performance Women

Sondra
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This version of the program is specifically geared toward women. Love Verstegen's ideas on warm-up and regeneration (foam-rolling). Reminds me I need to includes more of these regeneration exercises into my regime to prevent injury. A lot of other reviewers felt he took too long on the nutrition section, but I found his thoughts (while not revolutionary) to be comprehensive. He lays out exactly how much water and protein you should be consuming per day based on body weight for optimal health and ...more
Chrissy
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
As with the other Core Performance book, I skipped the nutrition part, and I'm using the exercises. The trigger point and regeneration exercises have been great so far. I had no idea a tennis ball could help so much.
Michelle
Jun 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I would actually rate this book 3.5 stars. The exercise program is good, but around half the book is dedicated to diet and nutrition. Nothing in that first half is revolutionary or groundbreaking, so it could have been omitted or drastically cut and the price of the book decreased. Just saying.
Sarah Duggan
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fitness
Like most fitness books, it could be half as long. But once you get past the introductory chapters of motivational chit chat, the workouts are pretty straightforward with lots of helpful photos. Exercises don't require a lot of equipment, so they could easily be done at home.
Lalani
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"It's perfectly lovely the way he talks about girls".

I thought the basic ideas in this book were fantastic. You need to take care of your body now or you won't be able to take care of others as well later. The author seemed to make a good effort to explain he understood my situation and motivations as a mother and how to increase my abilities through healthy diet and exercise.

I am extremely excited to start. My only problem with this book is that it seems to be missing a page right in the midd
Katie
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book, especially due to how it's organized.
The writing is good, accessible, and motivating.
There are several sections on which exercises to do and when, plus very useful lists of what to eat, and fitness-related topics.
That said, I honestly felt that this book could have been a magazine article with the added lists and tutorials linked in at the end.

If you are looking for a reference book to start focusing on building up your core, this is for you. But if you want a really
Tasha