Start by marking “The Mercy (Rose Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mercy (Rose Trilogy, #3)

The Mercy

(Rose Trilogy #3)

The Amish and modern worlds clash in this moving conclusion to The Rose Trilogy as two sisters love young men lost to the English world. The Rose Trilogy book 3.
Paperback, Large Print, 412 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mercy

May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Full review shortly.
Jerry
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great conclusion to this trilogy. It's easy to see why Beverly Lewis' Amish books are among the most beloved works of Christian fiction.
Audrey
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Things finally got sorted out for Hen and Rose. Hen and Brandon get reconciled after his accident. Both of their hearts have softened towards each other and their marriage is stronger than ever. It wasn't so easy for Rose. After she called off her engagement with her fiance she dates another man from a neighboring community. After awhile she realizes that he isn't the man for her and has to decline his marriage proposal making her grief-stricken. Rose still yearns for Nick, her childhood friend. ...more
Tasha
Jul 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Here are my thoughts on the series overall.....

1) Irony!/Nobody's perfect

Is it me or does anyone else find a lot of irony in this series? For one thing, I find the People's attitude toward Nick versus their attitude toward one of their own very contradictory. Starting with Solomon's opinion of Nick which is initially one of concern regarding his rebellious ways and develops into a blind judgment when he realizes that the worldly boy and his daughter have feelings for one another baffles me. I th
Carly
Sep 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are a regular reading of my reviews you will know that I am about as finicky as can be when it comes to Amish fiction. There are just a few Amish novelists that I really like a lot. I have not read much from Beverly Lewis. I find that prolific authors may not take the time to fully develop a plot and characters because they write so many books. That was kind of how The Mercy felt to me.

I don’t want to say that I didn’t like any of this book. I did like this book better than the last one
Victoria Goodbrand
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This was good but I found it was hard to get through.
Sylvia
I loved this book!! Great story!! love this author!! one of my favorite authors!!
Rebekah
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like how everything was resolved in this final book of The Rose Trilogy!
Stephanie Williams
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick read that has everything end well. A palate cleanser book.
Cindy
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rose Kauffman misses her friend Nick, but he left the Amish community after his adopted brother died, his rebellious spirit, has led to the "silencing" of his adopted father Bishop Aaron. However Rose knows that her life must go forward, because Nick will probably never come back, and besides, he is not Amish, and she is determined to follow God.

She is happy that her sister Hen and her husband Brandon have resolved their relationship, and are now living closer to home and also serving God toget
Stephanie
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
This book completes the entire Rose trilogy. I enjoyed the trail of events and liked the trilogy overall, but by the time I got to the latter part of the third book, I was becoming restless. It felt like it was dragging and I didn't care about what Rose was cooking - I just wanted the story to make full circle - which it did - and I expected it would. I enjoyed the last two books the best and although the last one ties up all the loose ends, I felt like there was more action in the second book.
Rachel Copeland
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love happy endings! ^.^
Sheri
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
This final book in the trilogy follows two storylines: the first half is primarily about Mamm's struggle with pain, while the second half focuses on Nick's disappearance.

While the writing, wasn't awful, there were a lot of things I found disappointing or unbelievable about the story itself. THE CONTENTS BELOW WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS.

***
My first problem with this was the resolution of Mamm's story. While I appreciate that things weren't magically better for her, they came pretty close: she's sudden
Emily Henderson
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good. I had no idea I was reading out of turn. I was so eager to see what happened that I picked up the wrong book. To say that Mrs. Lewis knows how to write to keep you progressing with her storyline is an understatement. Without reading book number 2 I had an idea of what transpired and was grateful for the recap she gave towards the end.
Her writings of the Amish life has made such an impact on me that I have looked up where an Amish community is in my area so that I can go an
Kat Rose
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Plot:I just finished my first Amish Trilogy and loved it. I loved the ending especially. I'm not going to spoil it for you, but I have to comment how it was smart on Lewis' part to leave it open for the readers to imagine what happens. Normally, I don't like this kind of an ending because I like when the plot is tied up in a bow and presented to me.

Characters: I love Rose Ann and Hen. They remind me of my sister and I (Me being Rose Ann and her being Hen). Their personalities are contrasting. H
Carol
Sep 16, 2018 rated it liked it
In this final installment of a three-part series, Amish girl Rose Ann Kauffman spends most of her days taking care of her mother who was injured in an accident a few years ago and can’t take pain meds. Her mother will be having surgery to try and ease the pain, but will have to be in rehab for several weeks afterward. Rose’s friend Nick, adopted son of the bishop and his wife who live just across the meadow, left the community and supposedly is living in Philadelphia. His failure to join church ...more
Becca-Rae Weidel
The final installment of the Rose Trilogy, The Mercy continues the stories Of Rose, her sister Hen, and others in their tight community. While hoping for reconciliation, Hen and her husband Brandon have been struggling on their way towards divorce. Can the LORD work in a mighty way to restore both their marriage and bring Brandon to faith in Christ? Rose has entered into a courting relationship with a young man named Isaac, but with Nick back in town (and seemingly repentant), can Rose find rest ...more
Stacia | stacialovestoread
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everything works out! Hen has become reconciled to her husband, Brandon, although not in the way one might expect. And Rose Ann has finally found the man her heart sings for. Beth really turned out to be a pivotal, stand-out character, as do some others.

I enjoy the sprinkling in of Deitch words with English, and Beverly is always there with the meaning right after, it really helps to immerse the reader in Lancaster County, PA.
Gail
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! was my first thought as I finished this book and The Rose Trilogy Series. The story brought me tears of joy. All the loose ends were wrapped up positively. Thank you Beverly Lewis for such a great story.
Karen Spurgeon
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best series ever

The Rose Trilogy is the best ever! I could read this again. If you haven’t read this, please do, you will not be disappointed.
Mildredequalsmillie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emily Ste
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wrapped up well!
Sorry the series is over!
Shannon
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful end to this series. Would give it 10 stars if I could.
Bethann Ambrose
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wish this series would have continued.
Tori
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, amish
I became immersed in this book from the first chapter. I favor Amish novels greatly anyway and this one was above my expectations for sure.
I haven’t read the other novels in the Rose trilogy, but I will definitely go back and read them now. I felt so swept up with the characters lives, and it was so hard for me to restrain myself from skipping ahead. There is always something going on and I just couldn’t wait to turn the page and read what was to happen next.

Rose Kauffman, a young Amish girl, f
Kendra
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I don't usually like to review books in a series until I've read the entire series. It's much easier to see what works and what doesn't once I've finished the series. As with most Beverly Lewis books, The Rose Trilogy was fraught with romance, mystery, and a deep inside look into the Amish life. I know many Amish people; after all, I'm from a rural county in southern Michigan. The Amish of Beverly Lewis's books tend to be Old Order--not even inflatable tires are allowed. Where I'm from, the Amis ...more
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
In Beverly Lewis' final book in The Rose Trilogy series, The Mercy, picks up just right where The Judgment left off. By the way, if you haven't read the previous two books in this series, Beverly provides a prologue that gets the reader up to speed, but trust me, you'll definitely want to go back and read the other two in the series, The Thorn and The Judgment.

The story finishes up the stories surrounding Rose and Hen, two sisters that are at a crossroads in their life. For Hen, she struggles wi
Myra Blake
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
Great book - I loved this trilogy
Ellen
The Mercy is the last book in The Rose Trilogy from Beverly Lewis. As always, she draws you into the daily life, concerns, and family ties as if you were sitting in the Amish kitchen yourself.

The Mercy opens in winter, not only in the actual season, but also in a dark period of Hen's life and marriage. Her marriage to Brandon, an Englisher, is falling apart at the same time he is is in a terrible car accident that leaves him blind. He returns to Hen's Amish family's home during his recuperation.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Aug 20, 2015 11:42AM
  • The Harvest of Grace (Ada's House, #3)
  • A Cousin's Prayer (Indiana Cousins, #2)
  • The Wonder of Your Love (Land of Canaan #2)
  • The Captive Heart (Daughters of Caleb Bender, #2)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • The Survivor (Families of Honor #3)
  • The Search (Lancaster County Secrets, #3)
  • An Honest Love (Hearts of Middlefield, #2)
  • An Amish Family Reunion (Miller Family, #4)
  • Anna's Return (Pleasant Valley, #3)

Beverly Lewis, raised in Pennsylvania Amish country and both a schoolteacher and an accomplished musician, has been an award-winning author for over a dozen years. Her acclaimed novel, The Preacher's Daughter, was a 2006 Quill Book Award finalist in the romance category. Her books have appeared on numerous best

Rose Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Thorn (Rose Trilogy, #1)
  • The Judgment (Rose Trilogy, #2)
“Worry leads to gray hair,” 1 likes
“Patience plays an enormous part in perseverance as we wait and trust for what is to come—what God has in store for those who worship Him.” 1 likes