Start by marking “A Kiss for Luck” as Want to Read:
A Kiss for Luck

A Kiss for Luck

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  549 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
Dr. Clara Evans' life has taken a turn for the worse. With a failed marriage behind her, Clara has only a bottle of wine and a romance novel for company on New Year's Eve while waiting for the dreadful year to end.

Her lonely celebration is disrupted when her best friend Jackson Philips shows up and she couldn't be more delighted. Tall, muscular and handsome, what's not to
Published (first published January 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Kiss for Luck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Kiss for Luck

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5 Stars!

Not bad for a novella! I'm rounding up because it's Kele Moon....and it was hot.

Clara annoyed me a little....but Jackson was RAWR!

Quick, easy, steamy read!
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

This was certainly a saucy little nugget!!

A hot, short and entertaining friends to lovers read. Jackson was all kinds of delicious!

I could have done without all the low self-esteem, especially with Clara...but overall, a great, quick read. I think Kele Moon could publish her grocery list and I'd buy it and read it!

---------------------------------------------
Before reading....

Where the fuck did this come from and why the fuck am I hearing about this now?!?! How the hell did I m
Nicola
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars.

A saucy little tale of best friends who really do see the new year in with a bang.

description New Year’s is my favorite holiday.”

And he’s a firefighter. What more can I say. Enjoy!

description

description
Duchess Nicole
Short and fun. Too short to be fabulous, but it's still Kele Moon :D I just want more and more and more from her.
Ruth
OMG. This is a fabulous, hot, hot, hot little read. The sex is stupendous, the plot is accessible, and the hero and heroine are just so, well, normal and real.

There are so many things I loved about this that it's hard to list them all, but here goes:

- The hero and heroine are so normal, real and likeable. You just feel like you know them. I have to admit, this has sat on my kindle for a while, because I was mistaken into thinking the heroine would be some stuck-up, superior doctor-type, but no,
Jill
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sweet-romance

This was a super hot and sexy with a good pinch of sweet, perfect.
This is the story of Clara and Jackson and how one kiss, and some good lovin, leads to their happily ever after.

Clara, who is moping at home alone with a bottle of wine on New Years Eve, is pleasantly suprised when Jackson ,her best friend, gets home early from his double shift. A New Years Kiss between the two unleashes secret longings and desires....

A Kiss for Luck is a super quick read but I didn't feel that lacked anything at
Karla
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love friends to lovers...just wished it was a bit longer I mean it didn't need to be a full on book just a few chapters more since for me it had that potential. Even though it was very short I loved that we get the feel of their relationship the history of their friendship and it made the sex scene that more sensual! Plus there's nothing hotter than a sexy man in uniform (;
AliciaJ
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but very sweet and sexy. Loved it.
~Kristin~
3 Stars
Jess the Romanceaholic
A great friends-to-lovers story, with some deliciously intense love scenes and some heart-felt emotion behind the lust.

While I wish that it had been a little longer, that was more because I simply wanted more Clara and Jackson than because it felt incomplete.

Recommended for fans of unrequited love, friends to lovers, and of scrumptiously intense love scenes.

A deliciously hot 4/5 Stars

*Note, the "Adultery or Infidelity" tag is because Clara is separated and going through a divorce (so technica
Kele Moon
Sep 13, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
ON SALE! For 99 cents!

Free on Kindle Unlimited!

Diana~ (Kiss Me Books)
I actually read book when I woke up this morning and oh my god was a fabulous hot read. I've read Kele Moon's earilier work, Beyond Eden and I loved it to pieces. This gem was no exception! Even if it was short, I still adore it because wow, Clara and Jackson's love scenes were very sexy. If you love stories where the H/h start as best friend but turn into lovers, then this is the book for you. I enjoyed this A Kiss for Luck very much and I wouldn't mind reading it again!

Can I just say the hero
Exina
Jun 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Carla and Jackson are best friends from high school, secretly longing for each other, until their desire is erupted by a New Year’s Eve kiss.

Well, the story is far from satisfying. Though in Packing Heat and Mercy Bound Kele Moon successfully provides pretty complete characterizations despite the shortness of the stories, here in ‘A Kiss for Luck’ it doesn’t appear. Actually, the story contains a couple of sex scenes, and an epilogue to prove that they are still together a year later.

Nothing s
Kristen
Cute, sexy, and entertaining friends-to-lovers quick story.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Jackson Philips is a delicious fireman/paramedic whose hot sex-appeal sizzles can cause out-of-control blazes, especially among the nurses who are drawn to his heat. However who is the resident ER Doctor? None other than Jackson's best friend since high school, Dr. Clara Evans.

Clara has been through a rough year. She cannot wait for it to be over. Coming off a recent divorce, she temporarily bunks in with her BFF Jackson who offers his home and his support for her. What Clara does not seem to r
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

In this quickie by Kele Moon, Dr. Clara Evans and her firefighter best friend, Jackson Philips are spending New Year’s Eve working and alone. After a failed marriage, Clara is feeling bad about herself, seeing herself as unworthy to love and is quite bitter about her recent break-up. As the caring best friend, Jackson tries to comfort her and with some coaxing from a few glasses of wine, both of their secrets are slowly becoming revealed as the clock ticks closer to mid
LynnMarie
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wendy's Review

A Kiss for Luck finds two people who have known each other since high school together on New Year's Eve.

Dr. Clara Evans has had a rough year and all she wanted was to spend New Year's Eve with her best friend, Jackson Philips, a hot and gorgeous paramedic. Unfortunately Jackson is working and so Clara decided to celebrate alone with a bottle of wine, drinking away all her troubles or so she thought.

Jackson couldn't fathom Clara being alone on New Year's Eve so when the opportuni
Lynsey
I really REALLY loved this! It's great when you read something that's been hanging around your 'to-read' for ages and it totally knocks you off your feet. I wish I had read this sooner.

I'm not normally drawn to friends-to-lovers stories, which I suspect is why it took me so long to read it. I find them a little hard to believe but I must say that this one was absolute perfection. The right mixture of passion and emotion and most importantly (for me) a good and believable explanation as to why th
Lisa
Sep 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this quick read is a delicious morsel of sexy and seriously hot yumminess.
~Tina~
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Quick, sweet and Red Blazing hawt;)
Sammy ⭐️
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SirenBookReviews
Clara has had the most horrible year ever! Also she is ready to start over and move on from her jerk of a husband; thank goodness for her best friend and the man staring in her nightly erotic dreams, Jackson, has taken her in and is helping her move on with her life in more ways than one.

Jackson isn’t sure he can handle the feelings he has for the ever so lovely Dr. Clara, but he isn’t going to let anything get in his way now that things have taken a new turn in their relationship. Clara is surp
Erika
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pleasure-reads
Hot fireman friend/lover

Dr Clara Evans works in the ER. Jackson Phillips is a hot firefighter who happens to be her best friend since high school. Clara is getting a divorce and is staying with Jackson temporarily. These two are fighting their own battle of lusting for each other since high school but not wanting to jeopardize their friendship. So they say and do nothing......that is until this particular New Years Eve!!!

This is a short but sweet romance where you want to reach in through the pa
Saly
A very short sexy read about two best friends who have been in love with each other forever but never said it, the hero because the heroine is a smart doctor and he didn't feel smart enough and the heroine because she doesn't feel pretty enough. Now, she is getting a divorce from a prick and crashing with him, some wine makes for sexy times and confessions of hidden feelings .
Denise H.
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting quickie romance tale, with a Firefighter and a Doctor. Clara married the wrong man, and Jackson has been a true friend. Now, circumstances change and Jackson can finally tell Clara how he feels. They show each other what happens when best friends grow into lovers. Great characters, hot sex, and a sweet tale make this a fun read. ENJOY !!!
ツ Renée
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: firefighters
This was a very nice friends-to-lovers short story. Clara and Jackson were perfect for each other. But despite their deep emotional connection, and the intense sex they shared, they both had to overcome their insecurities before they could be together. Adorable epilogue.
grace
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short sweet reading.
Sonja van der Merwe
Extremely short but scorching hot and very sweet...
Tina
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, sweet & hot!!
  • Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4)
  • The Hot Line
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Men On Fire
  • Hidden Fire
  • Dirty Thirty
  • Saturday Night Special (Wild Irish #6)
  • Kinky Neighbors (An Erotic Romance for Four)
  • Hot Shot
  • The Firefighter
  • Beg Me
  • Playing with Fire
  • Shaken
  • Position Secured
  • On the Line (Hidden Cove Firefighters, #2)
  • Frostbite (Last Call #5)
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Tahoe Nights, #1)
  • Blaze
A freckle-faced redhead born and raised in Hawaii, Kele Moon has always been a bit of a sore thumb and has come to enjoy the novelty of it. She thrives on pushing the envelope and finding ways to make the impossible work in her story telling. With a mad passion for romance, she adores the art of falling in love. The only rules she believes in is that, in love, there are no rules and true love know ...more
More about Kele Moon...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me