Start by marking “The Doctor's Forever Family (Forever, Texas, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Doctor's Forever Family (Forever, Texas, #3)

The Doctor's Forever Family (Forever, Texas #3)

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  111 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Big-city radiologist Dan Davenport is ready to take New York by storm. But when an accident robs him of the most important person in his life, he decides to honor his brother by taking his place as the town physician in Forever, Texas--"temporarily." He's never been fond of commitment, but when he meets a beautiful young mother struggling to get back on her feet, he recons ...more
Published March 1st 2011 by Harlequin Books (first published February 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Doctor's Forever Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Doctor's Forever Family

Carmen
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Recommended to Carmen by: Romantic Times Book Review
Her laugh was light, melodic, like sunbeams riding the spring breeze.

This book had a great premise.

Dan is a doctor (DOCTOR DAN!) who is feeling crushing guilt about his older brother Warren's death. Warren was slated to be the doctor for the tiny town of Forever, Texas - but died in a car crash that Dan blames himself for.

Now Dan is headed to Forever, Texas, vowing to serve the community in his brother's stead for nine months as a form of penance.

Tina is a character introduced in the first book
Jun 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Harlequin sent this to me to read and complete a survey about. I'm probably not the target audience for this kind of story...well on paper I am the target audience, but in reality small-town "sweet" contemporary romances really aren't my thing. So I won't comment much on the actual story, besides the fact that it read like the story was just phoned in.

What I will comment on is the terrible beginning. Info-dumping about the two MC's pasts when it could just have been revealed organically in the s
Lisa Kay
★★★✩✩ Dr. Dan Davenport, new doctor, comes to Forever to take the place of his deceased brother. I liked the hero and felt for his guilt, but it was mentioned too many times, too close together. I got it; he felt guilty for causing his brother's death (his perception). He’s there to atone for his sins. I didn't need to read about it again on the next page. Oh, and then a bit later, it was reiterated. And again.

One of the reasons Dan chose radiology as his specialty was because these types of doc
♡´°~♡ Unsolved Mystery ♡~°´♡
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to ♡´°~♡ Unsolved Mystery ♡~°´♡ by: Given to me for an honest review

- My Description -
This is about a doctor who goes to Forever, Texas to be their small town doctor in place of his recently departed brother who was set to go before he was killed in an automobile accident.

He feels he owes it to his brother because he takes the blame for his death.

He promises not to be there more than 9 months or until they find another doctor to take his place.

He meets a girl there, and realizes that small town life is better than big city life.

- My Review -
To me, this book
Rachel
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I try to make a point of posting a review of everything I read, even cheesy Harlequin romances. Unfortunately, I do not have a whole lot to say about this one. The romance was sweet, and at times sexy, but it was predictable that the two main characters would end up together, since that is the focus of the book. My favorite character was actually the owner of the diner, simply because she seemed to be the one really running the town. I found the doctor to be melodramatic and behave at times as i ...more
Ridley
Twee, phoned-in rubbish. It's like the author just sat there and imagined what practicing medicine is like and called it "research." This on top of using every stereotype and characterization shortcut in the book, and I wonder what the American Romance acquiring editors are smoking (or maybe I should shudder at what they've read and rejected.)

If she couldn't put the effort in to write it, I can't put the effort in to read it.
Rflutist
Dec 18, 2011 rated it liked it
The prose is well written and the first truly romantic moment between Dan and Tina is beautiful. The book misses a four star rating as Dan's motives are not compelling enough, and repeated too often. Tina is also compliant through most of the story. Tina's son is accounted for but mostly absent, except for a pivotal moment to set up the romance. Miss Joan, a secondary character, was the strongest force in the book. She deserves a romance of her own.
Jodie
Jul 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, harlequin
When Dan lost his brother, he just knew he would have to go and take his place in Forever. After all, it was his fault his brother died, or so he felt. And the move to Forever was not going to be easy, so it was just going to be temporary. He couldn't go from the likes of the Hamptons in New York to a city he nicknamed "Dogpatch" and be happy, could he? Tina has had her fair share of hardships as well. After her husband nearly killed her in a car accident, she was left to raise their little boy ...more
Emily
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this book with out reading the books before it and was able to understand the story quite clearly. It seemed a little rushed at the end but over all it was a fun love story.

The Doctor's Forever Family is about Dr. Daniel Davenport who comes to Forever, Texas to fill in for his late brother for the next nine months. Daniel feels responsible for his brother's death. Warren Davenport was a year younger and died in a car accident one month before. Daniel meets single mother Tina Blayne and he
Natalie
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm always guaranteed a light, enjoyable romance whenever I pick up this author. This book was no exception. This book wasn't too complicated or overly long. It was short, but just enough to flush out the characters. We knew from the very start what the hero and heroine's hang-ups were. The author didn't drag things out. The conflict rose like a wave. It crested and then was over. Bad analogy, but that's really what I thought. I really appreciated that the issue didn't drag for pages. Sometimes ...more
Fedora
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Patrice
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really liked reading about Dr. Dan Davenport's emotional and physical journey from the hospitals of NYC to a small little town called Forever, Texas. Dan was out of his element in so many ways and yet maybe, just maybe, this was what he needed to come to terms with the death of his brother and the guilt he feels, believing it is his fault his brother is gone.

Dan Davenport meets another transplanted soul in Forever, Tina Blayne, who happens to be on a journey of her own, "making the best out of
Beth - ;)
As mentioned below, I did not choose this book; it was sent to me as part of a survey. I prefer books with a little more mystery or suspense in them and this was fairly predictable - boy meets girl and that is pretty much it. It was interesting though reading about how the doctor's whole attitude changes from page 1 to the end. But again, that was expected.

*This book was sent to me free of charge by Harlequin with the request that I comment on it when finished.
Linda
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Story about a small town whose newest resident is a brand new doctor that desides to take over the position his very recently brother had promised to take as the doctor of the small town called Forever. He goes out of guilt but finds many pleasant surprises not only when he arrives to a town that greets him with open arms. Wonderful feel good book. The book is light, and even though bad things happen, they somehow work together to help their friends, neighbors and loved ones.
Marie
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
I was sent this book from Harlequin to review. I would say the book was ok, however it was not the best romantic I've had. Pretty much right from the beginning you know what will happen which takes away from the rest of the book. It was a nice story and a quick read, but I found myself not wanting to pick it up on most days because I knew how it was going to end.
Christine
Aug 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: baby
Received as a freebie from 'Tell Harlequin' and I am very glad that I didn't pay for it.
To me, the characters were flat and the storyline predictable.
It was hard for me to get through because it just didn't grab me.
Karen
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was ok
Not bad, just really not my type of book. I liked the main characters Dan & Tina but the plotline was fairly predictable and cheesy at times, particularly when it came to the secondary characters.
Still, if you're looking for a quick read with a guaranteed HEA this might be worth a look.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Harlequin sent me this to read and then answer some survey questions. Might review it, not sure. Quick and easy read. I've read books by this author before, and she's very good at packing a good story into a small package.
Cecelia
Its okay, nothing more nothing less
Penney
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a free book from Tell Harlequin. I did enjoy it but at first it was a bit boring but it turn out a good summer read!
Nahal
Jun 17, 2011 added it
A fantastic book but the ending was too soon and wrapped up fast.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Forever, Texas
Suzanne Graham
Jun 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Too much repetitive information about the doctor's dead brother. Too much info dump about backgrounds of minor characters. Head hopping within scenes.
Amanda
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i have a hard time getting into american romances ..to me it was a slow read..had to force myself..
Jeanette
Jan 01, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Comeback Cowboy
  • Hotly Bedded, Conveniently Wedded
  • The Doctor Takes a Princess (Harlequin Special Edition)
  • The Bull Rider's Twins (Callahan Cowboys, #3)
  • Face-Off
  • Love On The Ropes
  • The Maverick's Greek Island Mistress (Bennett #3)
  • The Best Laid Plans
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Undressed (Ashton/Rosemoor, #3)
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • Montana, Mistletoe, Marriage
  • The Wild Card
  • Haunting Olivia
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • Flora's Defiance (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #2)
  • Southern Comfort (Southern, #1)
Marie Rydzynski-Ferrarella
aka Marie Charles, Marie Michael, Marie Nicole, Marie Ferrarella

Marie Rydzynski was born on March 28 in West Germany to Polish parents. She moved to America at the age of four. For an entire year, Marie and her family explored the eastern half of the country before finally settling in New York.

Marie swears she was born writing, "which must have made the delivery especiall
More about Marie Ferrarella...

Forever, Texas (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Sheriff's Christmas Surprise (Forever, Texas, #1)
  • Ramona and the Renegade (Forever, Texas, #2)
  • Lassoing the Deputy (Forever, Texas, #4)
  • A Baby on the Ranch (Forever, Texas, #5)
  • A Forever Christmas (Forever, Texas, #6)
  • His Forever Valentine (Forever, Texas, #7)
  • A Small Town Thanksgiving (Forever, Texas, #8)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Surprise (Forever, Texas, #9)
  • Her Forever Cowboy (Forever, Texas, #10)
  • Cowboy for Hire (Forever, Texas, #11)