Start by marking “Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8)” as Want to Read:
Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8)

Cherry Cheesecake Murder

(Hannah Swensen #8)

Hannah Swensen and her bakery, The Cookie Jar, bask in the glow of Hollywood glamour when Main Street becomes a movie set. And although tensions simmer as the cameras roll, no one expects the action to turn deadly - until it's too late...

There's no such thing as privacy in Lake Eden, but Hannah never thought things would go this far. Everyone has been telling her what to d
MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published April 17th 2009 by Recorded Books, LLC (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Cherry Cheesecake Murder, please sign up.
Brian I don't see why not. It's like any Murder She Wrote TV show.

James
With the eighth installment of the Hannah Swensen series, Cherry Cheesecake Murder delivers strong. I was very excited by the story, characters and forward motion in this book.

The introduction of Ross as a new suitor for Hannah could have gone the wrong direction, but Ross combines the great attributes of Mike and Norman into a single man. I'm rooting for Ross to win Hannah's love; and let's get real, she needs to make a choice soon.

I'm only saying so because the story dictates her to choose o
Barbara

In this 8th book in the 'Hannah Swensen' series, the baker/amateur sleuth investigates when an actor is murdered with a 'prop gun.' The book can be read as a standalone.

Hannah Swensen on the television series

*****

The star of this series is Hannah Swenson - amateur sleuth and entrepreneur - who owns a cookie bakery and loves to create new cookies for her shop and prepare treats for her friends and relatives. Luckily for readers who'd like to try the sweets, recipes are provided.

In this story s
☽¸¸.I am¸¸.•*¨ The ¸¸.•*¨*Phoenix¨*•♫♪ ☾
“Why were you smiling like that?” “Smiling like what?” “Like the cat that got into the cream pot.”

Lake Eden, a small cozy town in Minnesota, has been chosen by a famous director to be the set for a movie, and of course everyone is head over heels and trying their best to be chosen for a small part. Everything is going as smooth as a cheesecake, until the fake revolver used in a suicide scene turns out to be not so fake after all... the director gets killed on the spot and, guess what? Hannah S
So, I Read This Book Today
Come on, Joanne! Mike is a slut, Norman is everything a woman could possibly want, and this is what you do? Sigh. I give up. You make Hannah look like some kind of nasty tease. Norman needs to go find a woman who won't lead him around by the nose and then go chasing off after some pretty boy who has told her more than once that his job is more important than her! No more, Joanne - I didn't finish this one - - and I am really disappointed. Not only is Hannah such a screw-up that she not only teas ...more
Cherry Sparkles
This book really makes me dislike Hannah. She's a pompous ass. There is apparently nothing she can't cook and even though she is constantly described as being plump with frizzy red hair, she is the femme fatale of her sleepy little Minnesotan town.

This book, Hannah decides which marriage proposal she will accept. Being the condescending twit that she is, she is put out that someone had the audacity to propose to her and actually expect a response. Sheesh - seriously? In the ultimate 'fence-sitti
Jammin Jenny
I love the Hannah Swensen series and all the recipes in the books. Another great installment!
Elle's Book Blog
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Such a fantastic series! It never gets old for me. Whenever I am in a book slump I dive into a Hanna Swensen novel because she always seems to save the day! Now, I may be way behind in the series but I am going to try and finish them up within the next year! Fingers crossed.

Highly recommended cozy series. Just make sure to read them in order of publication.
Mandy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Hannah Swensen murder mystery! As usual I enjoyed the characters and the plot. This murder made a lot of sense in the end and I enjoyed reading it :)
Tiffiny
Apr 29, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ehhh, I guess the people who want to complete a series they may have started.
This book was okay. Not the same charm as the previous ones. I'm really staring to tire of the Mike/Hannah/Norman triangle and was really incensed she added Ross to the mix. I really dislike love triangles and this one is really ridiculous. It's far-fetched the two men would get along so well and be okay with the woman they love dating others.

The love triangle seriously detracts from the mystery (which was again somewhat predictable).

Hannah is also very much becoming a Mary Sue character. http
Meg
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was picked up after reading book three of A Song of Ice and Fire and it did its job in being something completely different. It was light, it was fluffy, but to be honest, I was very disappointed in a lot of the book. Fluke tried to change things up at the end of the last book by having both of Hannah's regular suitors propose so I was expecting something to come from that but the status quo is quickly reestablished in the beginning of the book. And don't even get me started on Hannah ...more
Juli
Hannah Swensen, professional baker and amateur detective, is on the case again in the 8th book in this fun culinary cozy series. This is my favorite cozy series, so when snow was in the forecast here in NC, I went right to my best cozy pal to help me weather the storm. Fuzzy socks. Hot tea. And Hannah Swensen. Perfect snowy weather combination for me.

In Cherry Cheesecake Murder a movie is being filmed in Lake Eden. The entire town is excited about the production. Hannah is hired to provide speci
Moriah Venable
This is another book that started slow but as you continue reading it starts to get better.

After the end of the last book, Lake Eden Resident Hannah Swensen, has a big pridicment on her hands. She has two proposals and she doesn't know which one to pick. The town are both equal divided on which one she should choose. After getting three phone calls telling her to make a decision, she goes to the place where Mike and Norman are tells me that she is is declining both and wants to continue dating t
Donna
Hannah investigates the murder of a director from the movie that's being made in Lake Eden.

And here is where I part ways with this series. It's a little sad, actually. Food, cozy mystery, small town, nice people, lots of dessert descriptions. It should have stayed better. I've read eight books in this series and given them three's and four's. This one was slowwwwwwww and awkwardly written (as was the last one). The murder didn't happen until half way through the book. Hannah is starting to show
Kasia
Mar 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sour cherries, check.. luscious cheesecake...check...murder..check.. All is in place for Joanne Fluke's delightful culinary installment that manages to leave the reader hungry for more. Lake Eden is enchanted by Hollywood and everyone is dying to be a part of the movie that is being filmed there. When an accident causes the director to die it takes a while for the shock to clear and suspicions of foul play to rise on everyone's mind. The filming continues but troubles are just begging to start, ...more
Toni
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

The movies have made their way to Lake Eden and the townsfolk are just head over heels to get a part in the production. Hannah has more than one link to the movie: her little sister, Michelle, is working on the crew and two old friends from college have made their appearance.

Having new friendly faces around may be nice for Hannah but Norman and Detective Mike find that Hannah has the eyes of another man on her as her old friend, Ross, who is the producer on the movie, takes an interest in
Bryn
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of the series that I have read.

I found the mystery to be plodding and predictable. It starts on page one with the murder, then you have to read 2/3 of the book in flashback to get back to where you started.

I also really disliked the main character Hannah. Who really lets 2 guys that proposed to you wait 2 weeks (or more. This happened in a previous book so it could be even longer) while you decide who you want to marry. And then, even though it is a small town, she publicl
Gina
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually kind of missed these fluffy, saccharine-filled confections. I'd gotten a little sick of the Hannah-Norman-Mike triangle and had to stop reading for a while. These books are quite formulaic and the writing isn't anything special, but in small doses they are fun. Warning to readers with a sweet tooth: these recipes will have you craving sugar 24/7. I've tried a few and they are all very tasty, and of course always perfect with a cup of coffee (when do these people sleep? They all drink ...more
Paraphrodite
Feb 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened, 2016
Annamaria Jackson-Phelps
Long on cats, food, and a Mary Sue main character, short on plot and mystery. Decent beac blanket read, but I'd probably only revisit this series for the recipes.
Lis Carey
Aug 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a new paperback edition of Fluke's 2006 eighth entry in her Hannah Swensen mystery series. In the last book, both Mike and Norman proposed to Hannah, and she's still (and will for at least several more books) engaging in her irritating dithering and inability to choose between the two men. As annoying as this is, she is 100% justified in her outraged reaction to receiving a half dozen calls before 6am demanding that she make an immediate decision so that the two men will stop acting like ...more
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Although I am only a quarter way through the book, I am not sure I will finish it. I have to say that the writer obviously either got lazy with this book or just tired of writing the series, because it is not on the same level as the previous ones. That said, At the end of the last book, Hannah was proposed to by both of her suitors. The way she was acting, I fully expected her to accept Mike's proposal, since she apparently has been head-over-ears about this guy since the first book. I must say ...more
Dana
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book of the series about small town baker, Hannah Swensen the movies are coming to town. There is a movie being shot here. When the director shoots himself with a proper gun that was just checked for safety Hannah just has to investigate.

Who could have or would have wanted to change the prop gun for a real one? Hannah and her sisters start their 'snooping' and of course, solve the crime before the police.

What is wrong with this book: The way Hannah has decided to not accept her two propo
Lindsay
Apr 12, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
So, I don't know if I was wiped out from reading the last book, or if this book was just really bad, but I could not get into it. I've liked some of other stuff by this author, but actually, I think her work is getting worse as time goes by. The mystery in this one doesn't even start until about 200 pages into the book. I forgot I was even reading a mystery until some action finally happened. And the main character has 3 guys who are smitten with her. Two of which asked her to marry him. Does th ...more
Mikka
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good mystery

Joanne Fluke held me in suspense once again. As I floated from suspect to suspect, I always find out something new and totally unexpected about someone in Hannah’s town. And this time wasn’t any different, I love finding out new facts about the people Hannah loves and lives with as neighbors. My favorite part of this though was the ending. I’m still laughing while trying to write this. I hope you love surprises as much as I do, especially when they make you happy and laugh.
Mouza
Dec 28, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm starting to see Hannah more as a Mary Sue & I hate that.. And the last chapter made me feel so sick with Hannah "owing it" to Mike & Norman to make them feel better after Ross left!!

The only reason I'm going through with the series is because I already have all the books and listening to the audiobook before bed help me go to bed easier.. But the more I read, the more I'm starting to see the error in this, as opposed to just the easy light read I started this series with.
Jodi
In this outing, Hannah must deal with a movie director who gives new meaning to the word casting couch. He never saw a woman undeserving of a pass. So when he winds up dead of a gunshot wound by what should have been a prop gun, there are a host of suspects. The problem was that it was actually pretty obvious. The book moved slowly and didn't make a lot of sense. As always, the recipes sounded yummy.
Kathy
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still reading, but had to share a funny. "Redhead with big mouth still better detective than tall man in uniform. "
I adore Norman, he cracks me up!

Amusing fast read. More a story about making a movie in a small town with a murder thrown in halfway in. Thought it was a nice departure from the norm.
Annalissa
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to give this book a 5 star review but because of the sudden love instead that was thrown in I couldn't. I loved the twists and the sisterly bonding that has grown so much stronger, but this whole love triangle turned square was too far. I understand blast from the past but the way Hannah treated Norman and mike was just too much. Good read otherwise.
Debbie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: overdrive
I really enjoy these books. The story lines are fun and of course this far into the series I know all the family members and I like keeping up with them. Now I have to find my spring form pan to try the cheese cake recipe.
Catherine
Getting tired of Hannah .leading Mike and Norman on. Now is is teasing a third. And it took over half of the story to have a murder. I was bored by this time. Not my favorite.
Goodreads Librari...: Incorrect page count 2 135 Mar 08, 2016 04:50PM
The Women's Myste...: #8 Cherry Cheesecake Murder 1 5 Aug 09, 2013 11:17PM

• Sugar and Spice
  • The Last Suppers (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #4)
  • The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle (A Chocoholic Mystery, #4)
  • The Jasmine Moon Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Sinister Sprinkles (Donut Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Death by Pantyhose (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #6)
  • Chocolate Dipped Death (A Candy Shop Mystery, #2)
Like Hannah Swensen, Joanne Fluke grew up in a small town in rural Minnesota where her neighbors were friendly, the winters were fierce, and the biggest scandal was the spotting of unidentified male undergarments on a young widow's clothesline. She insists that there really are 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is NOT the state bird.

While pursuing her writing career, Joanne has worked as: a public sch

Hannah Swensen (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1)
  • Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #2)
  • Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3)
  • Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4)
  • Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5)
  • Sugar Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #6)
  • Peach Cobbler Murder (Hannah Swensen, #7)
  • Key Lime Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #9)
  • Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #10)
  • Cream Puff Murder (Hannah Swensen, #11)
“You can’t be nervous and amused at the same time. They’re both powerful emotions and one overrides the other. If your sense of humor kicks in, you lose your case of nerves…at least according to the professor who taught the psychology class I took in college.” 1 likes
“CHOCOLATE TRUFFLES 6 tablespoons chilled butter ( ¾ stick, 3 ounces) 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips (two cups—I used Ghirardelli’s) ½ cup firmly packed powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar) 6 egg yolks 1 Tablespoon rum, brandy, flavored brandy, or vanilla extract   Put an inch or so of water in the bottom half of a double boiler and heat it to a gentle boil. Cut the butter in chunks and place them in the top half of the double boiler. Add the chips and then the powdered sugar and set the top half over the bottom half. Put on the cover and let everything melt while you…   Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl with a whisk. Whisk until they’re thoroughly combined, but stop before they get fluffy or lighter in color.   Stir the chocolate until it’s completely melted. It will be thick, almost like fudge. Remove the top half of the double boiler and set it on a cold burner.   Stir several spoonfuls of beaten egg yolk into the chocolate mixture. When that’s incorporated, stir in several more spoonfuls. Keep adding egg yolk in small amounts, stirring constantly, until all the egg yolks have been incorporated and the chocolate mixture is smooth and glossy.   Stir in the rum, brandy, or vanilla. Put the lid back on the top of the double boiler and refrigerate the chocolate mixture for 3 hours. To Decorate Truffles: finely chopped nuts powdered (confectioner’s) sugar chocolate sprinkles shaved chocolate cocoa powder finely shredded coconut   Warning: This next step is fairly messy. If you like, wear disposable plastic food-server gloves. You can also lightly grease your hands, or spray them with Pam or other non-stick cooking spray so the chocolate won’t stick to your fingers.   Form small balls of chilled chocolate with your hands and roll them in bowls of the above ingredients.” 1 likes