Start by marking “Just Annoying!” as Want to Read:
Just Annoying!

Just Annoying! (Just series)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  1,233 Ratings  ·  69 Reviews
The series that began the creative partnership between Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton, which now encompasses eight Just! books, and are followed by the bestselling Treehouse series and many more.

"Andy Griffiths is King of the Kids" The Weekly Review

"Unruly comedy and unrestrainable rebelliousness" Australian Financial Review

Is this the right book for you?

Take the ANNOYIN
Paperback
Published August 1st 1998 by Pan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Just Annoying!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Annoying!

Oliver Eastwood
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, judge me all you like, but these were the books of my childhood. Hilarious, cringe-worthy, juvenile... what more could you want from a book? It's just a trip down memory lane, nothing else...
Tom Szakal
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so some of the stories are cute and funny, but some are just annoying. Ba-dum-cha!!
MissStan
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Andy Griffiths - laugh out loud funny! Andy is so stupid but such a great character!
Nina
Mar 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
The sequel to Just Joking- Just Annoying really lives up to its name. Andy is a boy whose favorite habit is pulling pranks on people or doing anything to just annoy them. I liked the second book much more than the first one.

The stories that I liked were 'Are we there yet?', 'Wish you weren't here', 'Copycat from Ballarat', 'Imaginary friends', 'Would you rather?' and 'The last Jaffa'. That's a whole lot more stories that I liked when compared to the first book, which must say a lot about it.

The
Joe
Oct 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A friend recommended this book to me. When I read Just annoying I thought it was going to be boring with lame jokes and such. But it turns out it was actually hilarious and exciting in some ways. This book is about a kid named andy that is a ten year old who likes to annoy anyone he can, whenever he can. Sometimes his sister, sometimes his friends and sometimes his parents. The way he annoys people makes the whole book a comedy. I think that Andy Griffiths did a fantastic job of getting the read ...more
Nikoleta
Oct 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: grade-8-ir-book
Just Annoying is about Andy Griffiths, who is a prankster. Everybody thinks that he is really annoying (because he annoys them with pranks). He also does all kinds of crazy stuff- Andy jumps from a running motorcycle into his father's car, makes imaginary friends, turns his bathroom into a swimming pool, etc.
During reading this book I made a text-to-world connection. I have seen the series about Andy Griffiths. The show is exactly the same as the book. It's really funny and entertaining.
I gi
S.K. Levy
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness if this wasn't the greatest series written for middle grade kids who want to be endlessly entertained then I don't know what is. These books are the most fantastic, imaginative, gross and wonderful stories, not to mention the illustrations! The book is filled with flip pictures, other smaller stories of cartoons across the pages and it is just SO entertaining. I have never laughed so much reading anything in my life, and despite being about twelve or so when I did read them all, I ...more
Beetle13
Sep 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who needs a laugh
Shelves: own, library, reviewed
It feels odd to rate such a book four stars, but I simply have to. This book is, in a lack of a better word, hilarious. Absolutely hilarious! It is about Andy, who is trying quite hard to annoy his friends, neighbors, parents, sister, pets, and just about anyone who crosses his way. And he's good at it! I have laughed so hard I even started crying. This happened each time I finished this book, and I did so multiple times. This is probably the most hilarious book I ever finished, and that is sayi ...more
Tracy
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I am reading this entire series to my children and they are absolutely loving it. Andy is hilarious as a character and my husband has even taken to listening to storytime and is laughing almost as much as the kids are. I must admit that I sometimes struggle not to laugh while reading. My favourite story was 'In the shower with Andy'. I admit I did snort while laughing at this tale. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I rate it a 3.5 stars, but am sure it would be closer to 5 if yo ...more
Belinda
Dec 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG. I read this book ages ago. I don't remember heaps, to be honest, I might've gotten some of the stories muddled up in the other Just books.

What I can say is that: I loved this book. Or well, specifically the whole series. I wanted to read all the books that my school library had, which was quite a lot.

From what I can remember, it's filled with ridiculous scenarios that you can either scrunch your nose at and think how stupid it is, or laugh your ass off, wanting more.

(I'm the latter :))
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Just Annoying by Andy Griffiths

Andy (Is it coincidence that this book's main character has the same name as the author?) bugs people. His dad. His mom. His sister. Friends. Neighbors. Just about everybody, actually.

I could see this book would be very, very popular among the children at my school. Especially among those who like to annoy others. I suppose I must acquire a copy of it for my school library.

A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.
Tyler
Jul 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So pretty much (Just Annoying) contains nine short storys in it such as (The Last Jaffa) where Andy, the main charter is at the movies and searchs for the last peace of his favorite candy and gets into all sorts of trouble while trying to find it, but a few of the storys in this book are sort of boring like one where andy does nothing but swing on the close line, but over all I thank that it is a pretty good book.
Amanda
Sep 25, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, own-a-copy
This series was ok, I seemed to like it when I was younger but I cannot enjoy them now. The humour in the story is based on things that are immature so as I have grown up I can no longer appreciate the humour. However the author visited my school when I was in Year 4 and I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Nett Uwland
I read this book for the Australian Children's Literature course I am doing, and I found it to be right up the alley of any young boy, aged 10-13. Very funny and full of practical jokes. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a reluctant young son. He will be thoroughly engaged in the book, and it will give him some essential reading practice too.
Tammy
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this while driving 7y.o. Beau from Brisbane to home and then back to his Father. While I was focused on the road I still managed to have a few laughs. Beau had fun over the weekend introducing me to his imaginary friend, who disliked girls, was rude, liked riding bikes and playing with the animals. Over-all this book was a success :)
Patrick Taylor
Andy Griffiths made, quite simply, a creation that differs from a typical mischevious boy to energetic fun. I was quite contented at first, but then I got used to the short narratives' amatuer plots and word use. But overall it was a pleasing book of unique and compelling standards. Unfortunately it wasn't the case in some other of Andy's books.
Rohan
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Just Annoying, you will meet a boy called Andy who wants to become the most annoying person in the world. Watch Andy bug his friends, irritate his sister, and drive his parents crazy. This is a great book and very hilarious.
Kimberly Ann
This is a easy to read book for boys......

The main character is a young boy who acts in an inappropriate manner and is totally annoying.

There was one story, about the traveling Gnomes that was kind of funny in an eerie way.

Young boys will like it.....

Linda
I laughed plenty more than I thought I would

& since thousands of Aussie kids have been devouring Andy's books for a while now I think he's on to something.....

They'll like the little pictures around the edges done by Terry Denton too.
Jock Parsons
this book is really good it hase 9 short storyies in it is the second adition to the searies. my favrote storyie in it is when andy silikans the showere together and tryies to fill the showere up to the top but befor he nows it he is stuck in the shower.
Jordan Bartlett
I think that this wasn't a great book of short stories i liked a few of them but also felt some of them were a bit childish the authors different use of language in different stories was good he used quite a few different language features through out the story
Tracy Morton
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jfic
This series of short stories by Andy Griffiths are hilarious. I did them as read alouds for my grade 4/5 class and the kids loved them. They would beg me to read one more story and wouldn't let me miss a read aloud session.
Julianne
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hmm, not bad. It was kind of boring but I still liked it of course!!!!
Josh
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
COOL BOOK
Sue Keay
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so glad I read this book to my children. I already suspected that they were naturally gifted at being annoying but this book gave them a whole new set of skills to add to their arsenal.
Rebecca Lee
book about annoying things?
Sylvia
May 24, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
A very enjoyable book! With funny illustrations all over the pages. I love Andy Griffiths and his 'JUST!' series.
Ray.r
Nov 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
funny book of this kid named andy who does things that are very annoying to his family like filling the salt shaker with sugar and asking annoying questions
Tahlia O'Hara
Apr 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first Andy Griffiths book i've ever read ince i'd read it i wished i hade of read it earlier. It was sooo funny!!!!!
Meils
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book to read if YOU are annoying (like myself)! The annoying test says so! But it's still a good book to read even if you are NOT annoying.
how to change my username 1 1 Sep 07, 2016 11:16AM
  • Quirky Tails (Uncollected)
  • Ash Road
  • Mi Amigo El Pintor
  • Bijna iedereen kon omvallen
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • The Cuckoo Clock
  • Something's Fishy, Hazel Green (Hazel Green, #2)
  • Halinka
  • Clorofila del Cielo Azul
  • Way Home
  • Jennings and Darbishire
  • Mein Urgroßvater und ich
  • The School for Cats
  • Arizona (Lucky Luke #3)
  • The Fairy Tales Of Madame d'Aulnoy
  • Children on the Oregon Trail
  • Marcelino Pan Y Vino
  • The Swish of the Curtain
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...

Just series (9 books)
  • Just Wacky
  • Just Shocking!
  • Just Macbeth
  • Just  Doomed!

“them. The only trouble is that it could take a while because I’m actually feeling pretty healthy. I hear” 0 likes