Start by marking “Mon coeur ping-pong” as Want to Read:
Mon coeur ping-pong

Jane Green

Mon coeur ping-pong

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  81,777 Ratings  ·  889 Reviews
Roman d'amour. Roman de société. Roman d'humour (chick lit).
Published June 6th 2000 by Florent Massot (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Mon coeur ping-pong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mon coeur ping-pong

Nathan
Jun 20, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me quit my book club.
Lilly
Aug 30, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The best thing about this book was that it makes you realize that anyone really CAN get published! They should really file it under "inspiration".

I know, I know, I got what I deserved. I just wanted a fun summer read and I loved her book Jemima J, but this was *complete* garbage. The characters were shallow and unlikeable (at one point the main character realizes she is literally prostituting herself out). She is such a self-satisfied whiner that I found myself actively rooting *against* her.

An
Obsidian
This was one Jane Green book from her chick lit days I never read. I wondered why I never bought this and now I know why. I must have read the sample and said no thank you. That was a smart decision. I am kind of horrified at how bad this book was. The main character was awful, so were two of her love interests. Her friend was having issues (serious ones) that she ignored. Her mother made Mrs. Bennett in Pride and Prejudice look like a saint. I mean my God. That's a terrible bar to be lower than ...more
Jane Lee
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
If you want poignancy, you won't get that in this book. This is your average chick literature, with a protagonist whose only goal in mind is to end up with the guy of her dreams.

Now, you may be thinking, why the fuck do I like this book? For starters, I have already breached below my expectations for a book when it comes to chick literature. I already expect a common plot, a protagonist with an I'm-ugly-as-fuck self-esteem and some twisted, completely shallow "hindrance" why the protagonist won'
Monica
Jan 01, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was utter garbage, how do books like this get published. Firstly I didn't really warm to any of the characters and I couldn't stand the main character Libby; I found her really shallow, unpleasant and materialistic. She really proves how feminism hasn't changed anything if woman are still intent on marrying rich men. I didn't care for any of the characters, especially Nick, the guy who Libby is in love with. I didn't warm to him at all, he's just your classic commitment phobe who can't ...more
Shy
I don’t know what to expect when I first picked up this novel. Jane Green was not one of the authors that I’m familiar with so I thought it is good to try something new. Sadly to say though, the result was rather frustrating.

The book started off OK but once I passed the first hundred-page, I literally start to yawn. The predictability of the plots and some annoying characters really turned off my interest but still, I continued reading in hope that there might be something that could spark my in
Sara
The first quarter of the book was good, you get into the story and want to know what will happen… then in the middle part I would say for half of the book I had a very strong sense of déjà-vu with another book I’ve read this year, it was a carbon copy of the story, but checking the publication dates Mr. Maybe was written first so I guess it was the other way around and the Sophie part of “I wish I were you” was the same story as this book, it only upset me because I really felt like reading the ...more
Yulia
Apr 20, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
BabyBeth
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: too-slow, problem
I tried to get back to my Rom-Com, chick-lit, Sophie Kinsella style books but I guess I'm way too deep into other genres. This didn't cut it. It was not a hugely disappointing read, just s forgettable, you kind of dread the time you've invested in reading it.
Love Fool
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To Libby Mason, Mr. Right has always meant Mr. Rich. A twenty seven-year-old publicist, she's barely able to afford her fashionable and fabulous lifestyle and often has to foot the bill for dates with Struggling Writer Nick, a sexy but perpetually strapped-for-cash guy she's dating (no commitments – really). So when Ed, Britain's wealthiest but stodgiest bachelor, enters the picture, her idea of the fairy tale romance is turned on it's head.

I was Libby Mason a few years ago so I think Jane Green
  • See Jane Date
  • The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing
  • A Promising Man (and About Time, Too)
  • Dog Handling
  • Getting Over It
  • Slightly Settled (Slightly, #2)
  • The Little Lady Agency (The Little Lady Agency, #1)
  • A Hopeless Romantic
  • Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1)
  • Thirtynothing
  • Good Luck
  • Exes and Ohs
  • Monkey Business
  • The Year of Living Famously
  • Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married
  • A Total Waste of Makeup (Charlize Edwards, #1)
  • Tales of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen, #1)
Jane Green's eighteenth novel, Falling, is soon to be released with Berkley/Penguin; she is the author of sixteen previous New York Times Bestselling novels, and known as one of the world's leading authors in women's fiction, with over ten million books in print, and translations in over 25 languages.

Previous novels have included The Beach House, Second Chance, Jemima J, and Tempting Fate.

She joi
More about Jane Green...
“I want someone who will adore me so much that they cannot even walk past me without touching me in some way. I want someone who will worship me, even when.. I'm sitting around in fluffy slippers with no makeup on and hair scraped back.

I'm sick and tired of being on my own. Most of the time I'm fine. Some of the time I even quite enjoy it. But at this precise moment in time I'm fed up with it. I've had enough..”
220 likes
“To be honest, I'm not sure about this whole scared of commitment business. I think it's become too handy, a useful phrase that men can bandy about whenever they feel like being assholes. And sure, I do believe there are some men who are genuinely terrified of commitment, but there aren't that many, and for the most part I think it's that they haven't met the right woman yet. Because if a man, no matter how scared he professed to be, met the woman of his dreams, he wouldn't want to let her go, would he? And sure, he might not want to actually get married, but if he were madly in love and risked losing her, he'd do it, wouldn't he?

That's what I think, anyway.”
66 likes