Start by marking “My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)” as Want to Read:
My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)

My Soul to Steal

(Soul Screamers #4)

Trying to work things out with Nash—her maybe boyfriend—is hard enough for Kaylee Cavanaugh. She can't just pretend nothing happened. But "complicated" doesn't even begin to describe their relationship when his ex-girlfriend transfers to their school, determined to take Nash back.

See, Sabine isn't just an ordinary girl. She's a mara, the living personification of a nightma
Paperback, UK, 375 pages
Published July 17th 2011 by Mira (first published December 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about My Soul to Steal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Soul to Steal

Jessica
This is where it started.

This is where it all began.

Oy! My review for this book really is one long ass fangirl rant. Mighty embarrassing and I know that some of my points are invalid since I know in which direction the series headed after this book and I have to grudgingly admit that I do see the bigger picture now but...I'll still leave this review as it is. There’s one thing I wanna say, though...it’s been what? 7 years since I read this? And I can tell you, I am still not over what happened.
Kim
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat (Lost in Neverland)
Isamlq
Oct 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-galley
Kaylee and Nash are in limbo after she breaks up with him. Things shake up when Nash’s NIGHTMARE of an ex, Sabine shows up. Except, *and there’s zero catiness as I type this* Sabine really is a NIGHTMARE.

I’ve finally figured out what made me not like the first two: they read/sounded “young,” granted the books are YA, I just couldn’t connect their “youngish” tone. Basically, The premise was solid, but the writing was not on the mark. BUT Come the third book and now the fourth one, the characters
Mary
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ship it so hard, oh my god what is my life. You know who I'm talking to, people who have read this highly underrated series.
Mari
Nov 15, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This series just keeps getting better and better and My Soul to Steal is definitely my favorite thus far. The book starts with Nash and Kaylee's relationship in limbo as a result of Nash's addiction to "frost". Kaylee can't come to terms yet after everything that has happened. Enter Sabine, Nash's ex-girlfriend who is literally Kaylee's worst nightmare. Sabine's a "mara", someone who feeds off of other people's fears by way of their bad dreams and Kaylee seems to be #1 on her hit list.

I loved h
Lani Woodland
Sep 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this latest installment!
I should start off this review by admitting I’m completely addicted to this series. I checked the first one out of the library on a whim and by the end of chapter one I was hooked (I’ve since gone out and purchased my own copy). I swear the pages of the book are laced with frost or some other Netherworld addictive chemical. If that last sentence didn’t make sense it can only be because you haven’t read the books, and you should fix that immediately.

At the end of t
Joanna
Sep 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, young-adult
MY FAVORITE BOOK IN THE SERIES. :)
WONDERFUL STORY! Bittersweet, heartfelt and very painful! I LOVE IT!

I really like this book compared to the other 3. This one has a lot of emotions that continue to play in and out of my head. It actually bothers me a lot because of how Kaylee keeps on getting hurt. I really really pity her in this book. I mean c'mon! She feels like she's not wanted by the people around her! Feeling unwanted sounds really painful and every time her fears are being described in t
Kathy
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
This series has sucked me in... I'm sleep deprived but can't seem to get enough.

How to write a review for Book #4 in the series without spoilers? Not really possible!

If you've read this series and made it through book 3 then you'll likely love this addition to the series. For some reason I'm just pulled into these books. They are NOT clean reads. The first book wasn't too bad but the heat just keeps increasing with each book. In this one Sabine oozes sex, she's sex personified and there is not
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
If you have not read book 1- 3, there are possible spoilers-

You have been warned

This book was good. How good? If you took all the paranormal elements out of this book, it would still be a great book!

Without any paranormal elements-
• Girl breaks up with boy because boyfriend lied to her and abused her body to further his addiction to drugs.
• Girl and boy still love each other but major trust issues.
• Along comes ex-girlfriend who sees an opportunity to grab boy back and cause major problems.
• Je
Laianna
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so basically if you're familiar with the series, you know the main characters are Kaylee, Nash, Emma and Tod, and to a lesser extent Kaylee's dad, Nash's mom, Kaylee's cousin Sophie, etc. After Nash's actions in the previous book, Kaylee is -- understandably -- hesitant to trust him for much of My Soul to Steal and her inner turmoil is exploited even more when his ex-girlfriend Sabine comes to town and makes it clear that she'll do anything to get Nash back.

A lot of My Soul to Steal is spe
Emma Michaels
Aug 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book as an overall read in this series is still a tie between My Soul to Save and My Soul to Take but to be honest when it comes to specifically character growth, this book is it. Without getting too spoilery I will just say that I am really proud of Kaylee and to be honest there were a lot of points in this book where her character was put to the test and in my opinion she pulled through. She made hard choices while still staying true to what she knew she wanted and what she felt wa ...more
Kt
Dec 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the start of this book, Kaylee is still "licking her wounds" from the events of the last book. She still loves Nash but for now needs some space to get herself together. She figures she has plenty of time, but then Nash's ex, Sabine shows up. Sabine makes it obvious she wants Nash back and will stop at nothing to get him. She is a mara, literally Kaylee's worst nightmare, so she has an entire arsenal up her sleeve. Kaylee will have to decide whether to step aside or fight for what she wants, ...more
The Flooze
I have to hand it to Rachel Vincent - she's got teen angst down pat, and My Soul to Steal is brimming with it. Kaylee is finding drama at every turn, and that's not taking into account interference from the Netherworld.

As the blurb says, Kaylee and Nash are already struggling to determine their future when in swoops Nash's ex.

Sabine, first introduced in the novella Reaper (not required reading), is troubled to say the least. She's a tough-talking, creepy girl. From her long black hair to her f
Savannah (Books With Bite)

I have never been so pissed off while reading a book. Sometimes I get mad and then get over it. But after reading this book I was mad for days!!

Kaylee is struggling with trust. Trust that has been broken takes time to be repaired, but not in Nash's case. Instead his ex-girlfriend comes in to town making it all to easy for him to fall into another arms. Kaylee is pressured with all kinds of circumstances and is now fighting for a guy.

Let me just say I love Kaylee. She has always been such a great
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
3.5 - I am going to keep this review very short and vague.

I am not a fan of female love triangles. Too much drama. But I still tried this and I am glad.

Dont get me wrong, there is a lot of 'He is MY soulmate' between Sabine and Kaylee. But unlike other books, Sabine actually has a reason for wanting back Nash. I think Kaylee should just give him up, for Sabine's and Nash's sake and Tod had made a very good speech on why she should.

But The biggest surprise in this book was Nash. In the earlier
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It didn't take me long to remember why I love this series and to want to smack myself for not completing it sooner. I love Kaylee, Nash, Emma, and Tod! I can't wait to jump right into book five for more!
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
*1.75/5 to much-drama-llamas stars*

“Can we save the live demo for later, please? Bean Sidhe in angst, here.” <-- Yeah, which most of this book is about. So far, this is actually the weakest point of this series.

I don't have much to say about this book, so I'll keep this short. Despite my lower rating, I do quite enjoy Soul Screamers series, and 'it was ok' fits well this particular book.
The world-building of this series is very unique for paranormal - you won't find any vampires, werewolves
Donna
Rachel Vincent does it again and knocks another book awesome book out. My Soul to Steal is just as good as everyone says. Filled with raw emotions, a demon out to kill and a love triangle that will leave your heart torn and it’s definitely not one to miss.

This time around we see Kaylee and Nash going through their break up. Even though they’ve broken up, Kaylee is still unsure whether to get back with Nash because she doesn’t know if she can forgive and forget. When Nash’s ex-girlfriend; Sabine
Avery
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be frustrating, that is not to say that it was bad by any means, it was great and tied as the best book in the series, but just some of the characters frustrated me.

First off? Nash. In my review of the previous book in this series I stated that I did enjoy seeing Nash knocked down a few notches, it made him seem more human(ish) and not the stereotypical popular pretty boy jock that he seemed to be in the first two books- but in this book? He was as sad as a puppy that got ki
Lucy
This book felt like pure filler, like it wasn't a novel in and off itself but something meant to bridge between this and the next book. I was bored by a lot of the inaction, which isn't something I've experienced in the series before. I've felt a lot of things about Rachel Vincent's writing and I didn't particularly like the main character in her adult series, but I've never felt quite so blah and bored before.

A new character, Sabine, was introduced with little to no finesse. It felt like Vincen
Kelly
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
At the end of My Soul to Keep, the relationship between Kaylee and Nash was in limbo. My Soul to Steal opens with Nash recovering but guilt-ridden, Kaylee not quite ready to forgive him, and Nash’s ex-girlfriend Sabine arriving on the scene. Nash and Sabine had an intense relationship two years ago but parted without closure after Tod’s death. Now, Sabine is determined to take advantage of the rift between Nash and Kaylee, and take Nash back for herself.

Oh, and Sabine is a mara, or Nightmare, wh
Valerie
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I gave it 4 stars and that's how I feel but this is a mixed review.

First, the good stuff. Rachel Vincent does a great job of twisting and turning the plot. She is an incredibly talented writer. I am good at guessing the ending and she had me fooled. All her great characters were back, main and supporting. I love Em and Tod. They are complex characters that add a lot to the story. Of course there was Kaylee and Nash but we learned more about Alec from the last book. His character was interes
Sabrina
Checkout my full review on my blog! http://omgbooksandmorebooks.blogspot....

Unpopular opinion time, I actually liked Sabine. Sabine made things clear for Kaylee when Kaylee refuses to see them for herself. Also, is that Nash on the cover? I'm betting it is and I'm questioning WHY? I'm usually 110% with the OTP of a particular series but with this series I am 110% against this OTP. Nash out, Tod in. (Foreshadowing btw).

This book was shaky from start to finish. Shaky in the sense that so many thin
Imani
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lame. I only had to read the first chapter. Then skipped to the middle of the book and skim read until the end and I didn't miss a thing because what happened in the beginning of the book is explained in the 2nd half anyway.

I couldn't stand to read it because I was so sure Kaylee was done with Nash in the previous book but here she was so possessive of him only because his ex-gf wanted him. Even though we KNOW she should've been permanently done with him here. She should've graciously let Sab
Rachel
Aug 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s, favorites
Rachel Vincent has done it again with another awesome addition to the Soul Screamers series. My Soul to Steal was an emotional rollercoaster, with more angst than the other books, I think. Poor Kaylee just can't catch a break.

I'll start by saying, that for those of you who have read the backcover blurb- it's not completely accurate. Sabine is not after Kaylee's soul. Her boyfriend, heck yes, but not her soul.

Sabine is Nash's ex, and I don't even know where to begin with her. I can't say much a
Hannah
My Soul to Steal is bloody awesome. No, really. It took me a while to get back to reading this series but when I finally picked up My Soul to Steal I could not put it down.

Rachel Vincent introduces a new character into the fray in My Soul to Steal, Sabine. A living nightmare. Literally. And Nash’s ex-girlfriend. Just what Kaylee needs when she’s trying to overcome her and Nash’s problems from My Soul to Keep, right? Wrong. Sabine is one of those characters that you love to hate. She’s so… UGH! F
Becca
Dec 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TarynXO
wow. I don't even really know what to say right now. My mind is in a million places at once and I don't even know where to begin. First of all, im pissed. Pissed off in the fact that my life has been a huge hectic piece of crap. I'm in the middle of moving and all I wanted to do was sit in my huge ass comfy chair and read until my eyes burned. But no!! I need to process this for a bit before I really review.. so um yeah, to be continued?

Updated
Alright! So im officially moved in and somewhat sett
Erin
I rated this book a 3, although maybe it would have been more of a 3.5 if this system would allow half stars.

I really love this series so far and I think I gave the first three books 5, 4 and 4 stars respectively, despite the obvious flaws, and some frustration in my inability to relate to the main character. I stand by my statement in my review of the first book that these books are just plain fun! Anyone who likes YA Paranormal Romance will like the Soul Screamers series.

Now on to why I rated
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 15, 2015 05:34PM
Crazy for Young A...: My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers #4) by Rachel Vincent → Start Date: July 28th, 2013 38 40 Aug 14, 2013 05:16AM
Interview with Rachel Vincent! 3 53 Feb 11, 2013 11:16AM
The Soul Screamer...: My Soul To Steal 14 18 Aug 24, 2012 04:36AM
My Not-So-Secret ...: My Soul To Steal 1 3 Jun 17, 2012 01:22PM
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Shadowspell (Faeriewalker, #2)
  • Hexbound (Dark Elite, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Remember Me & The Return Part I  (Remember Me, #1-2)
  • Betrayal (Haunting Emma, #2)
  • Magician's Muse (The Seer, #6)
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)
  • Night School (Blood Coven Vampire, #5)
  • Something Deadly This Way Comes (Madison Avery, #3)
  • After Obsession
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
[Note: Though Rachel's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads. The best ways to contact her are FB, Twitter, or her Wordpress blog. PLEASE DO NOT SEND HER MESSAGES HERE. SHE DOES NOT CHECK THEM.]

A resident of Oklahoma, Rachel Vincent has a BA in English and an overactive imagination, and consistently finds the latter to be more practical. She shares her workspace with

Soul Screamers (7 books)
  • My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)
  • My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Before I Wake (Soul Screamers, #6)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
“Whoever said it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved was full of crap.” 169 likes
“Then strong, warm arms wrapped around me from behind. "I've got you," Tod whispered in my ear.” 140 likes